Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

I should just skip item boxes and collecting crap right?

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Doctorchimp

So I'm about to play Mass Effect on insanity to import it into Mass Effect 2.

So do the elements, matriarch writings, turian insignias, etc. carry over in any way in the importer?

I should leave item boxes alone too since everyone has the best equipment too right?

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Afroman269

Mass Effect 2 basically got rid of loot dude. Only thing that carries over is your choices. Your ME 1 level just influences in what your starting level is.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

If you have already played through ME1 a bunch of times like I have, I just downloaded a save game creator to import into ME2. After playing through the first one six times, then losing my saves, I really didn't want to play through it again just so I could avoid the canon turn of events in ME2. Of course if you haven't played it yet by all means enjoy. But yeah as Afro stated, nothing carries over except for important plot choices (and some not so important). You will also get a little bonus in cash and minerals too.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @Afroman269 said:

Mass Effect 2 basically got rid of loot dude. Only thing that carries over is your choices. Your ME 1 level just influences in what your starting level is.

I've beaten Mass Effect 2 a bunch of times.

I'm worried if I just go through without collecting anything, beat it on Insanity and transfer it over there's a special secret room in Mass Effect 3 where the ghosts of Turian, Asari and Salarian generals congratulate me on being the best....ever. Then they give me the legendary galactic secret weapon. And I'm gonna miss out on it with my Male Shepard Paragon.

I CAN'T HANDLE THAT IF THAT HAPPENS

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

If you have already played through ME1 a bunch of times like I have, I just downloaded a save game creator to import into ME2. After playing through the first one six times, then losing my saves, I really didn't want to play through it again just so I could avoid the canon turn of events in ME2. Of course if you haven't played it yet by all means enjoy. But yeah as Afro stated, nothing carries over except for important plot choices (and some not so important). You will also get a little bonus in cash and minerals too.

I'm totally doing that for Mass Effect 3 when I do a PC run.

But I just wanted to get all the achievements for Mass Effect 1 and 2 first on my 360, and then transfer over a perfect save I worked on into Mass Effect 3 to finish up a great adventure...cause why not.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.