Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

If Dragon Age: Origins is coming to PS3..

RobNBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RobNBanks

Does that mean Mass Effect and the rest of the trilogy has a chance of being on PS3?

I have all consoles so don't say "ZOMG BUY A 360 IF YOU WANNA PLAY IT!" (I know I can get it on PC but I would have to build a PC from scratch and it would probably cost more than im willing to pay) because now it doesn't seem like such a crazy idea because BioWare had never released a game on a Sony console and now they are.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Milkman

Mass Effect = Microsoft published

RobNBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RobNBanks
    Milkman said:
    "Mass Effect = Microsoft published"

Yeah, I didn't mean the first one. Probably worded it wrong.

I meant ME2 and ME3. Don't say "Zomg why would they do that? it makes no sense to release the rest of the games without the previous installment(s)" because Devil May Cry 4 is on 360, RE5 is going to be on 360, Saints Row 2 is on PS3 even though the first one was not.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pibo47
    RobNBanks said:
    "Milkman said:

Yeah, I didn't mean the first one. Probably worded it wrong.

I meant ME2 and ME3. Don't say "Zomg why would they do that? it makes no sense to release the rest of the games without the previous installment(s)" because Devil May Cry 4 is on 360, RE5 is going to be on 360, Saints Row 2 is on PS3 even though the first one was not."
    The entire triology is being MS published. Maybe once they are done with this story arc, they might. But i highly doubt it. And wtf is with SR2 on PS3 but not SR1? I love SR2 and 1btw.
    PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By PenguinNerd

Woah woah woah woah woah......wait just a minute.....Dragon Age: Origins is coming to PS3????  Since when and how the HECK did I miss that announcement?

Edit:  Nevermind just saw...

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By demonbear

Bioware signed a deal with Microsoft for 3 exclusive games. You won't see Mass Effect on another platform any time soon other than PC. Too bad though because Mass Effect is a great game, last game i played on my xbox before it blew up and i switched to PS3.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By daniel_beck_90

in this generation you can not count on Exclusive titles ,  eventually they all will be multi platform  :D

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By demonbear

Depends on the contract they signed. If its a one year exclusivity deal, yeah, but if microsoft got the money down to keep it on xbox and pc, it'll stay that way.

Avatar image for deactivated-612140337177a
    deactivated-612140337177a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Milkman said:
    You do realise that just because MS took up publishing rights for their console, doesn't mean that another publisher couldn't do the job for another console eh?

There's been rumors that because bioware was bought up by EA and EA is all about sharing the love - then ME may become multiplatform.
    chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By chililili

Who knows Imight give it a spin if it pops up on the ps3 cause my gaming pc is just a pile of shit that breaks down every time I install anything.

LooM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LooM
    chililili said:
    "Who knows Imight give it a spin if it pops up on the ps3 cause my gaming pc is just a pile of shit that breaks down every time I install anything."
    rofl - pleasent gaming platform
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks

I think it will be a PC only affair for quite a while, I cannot see it coming to the PS3 in any hurry, I reckon it would be a very tricky game to bring over to 360, let alone PS3. Build a PC I say, it would be the cherry on top for your gaming. I cannot wait for the game, I loved Baldurs and this is the spiritual return :P

doctorpayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By doctorpayne

I believe I read that EA purchased the publishing rights to Mass Effect shortly after they secured Bioware. Thus the lack of Microsoft branding on the PC version on the game. So yeah, I'd say that a PS3 version of the next game in the series is not just likely, but inevitable.

insanegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By insanegamer

it end up coming since bioware is now in bed with EA

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.