Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

New to Mass Effect.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Funzzo

So I have had Mass Effect 1 and 2 sitting in my steam games list for a long time now and I have never played them. Today I loaded up ME1 and it looked like shit so I modded it with high rez textures and a few minor tweaks and I'm finding that I really like it. The story seems good and the combat is good too. I was wondering is there any DLC for the steam version?

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By rjayb89

No, not through Steam, you'll need to look up Bring Down The Sky on Google, or whatever search engine you prefer, and download it. However, you may need to contact EA support so that you can get a code to make it work. It didn't take too long when I did it, and I think it's worth it. I thought it had a beautiful skybox and different combat situations compared to the main game, for better or worse (depends on your Mako skills). Pinnacle Station does not exist for the PC version.

Here is the code they usually send out, but you'll need to e-mail them if it doesn't work to make it work again:

BK2ST7K7NRZ3NUK5W7YL

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Funzzo

I just found Pinnacle Station on Origin but I dont think I can use that on steam. Big thanks rjayb89 for the info. I think I will worry about this after I beat ME1. From what ive heard all the ME2 DLC works on steam so thats good.

Battery24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Battery24

Don't bother with Pinnacle Station. It's just crappy combat with zero story. Bring Down The Sky was pretty good though.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Funzzo

@Battery24 said:

Don't bother with Pinnacle Station. It's just crappy combat with zero story. Bring Down The Sky was pretty good though.

So BDTS works with steam?

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rjayb89

Oh, wow, they did put out Pinnacle Station through Origin.... not worth it. I don't think any, if there is any, decisions from that pull through to the other games. Bring Down The Sky does, albeit very little.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Maajin

@giantbeehomonth said:

@Battery24 said:

Don't listen to him, don't bother with this series in general. It's absolute garbage, even the first one that many people consider to be the best. When in actuality, it's just as shitty as the others.

I disagree. I love all three games.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rjayb89

@Funzzo: Worked with my Steam version of the game. I did exactly what I suggested in my first post, and it worked perfectly.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Funzzo

@giantbeehomonth said:

@Battery24 said:

Don't listen to him, don't bother with this series in general. It's absolute garbage, even the first one that many people consider to be the best. When in actuality, it's just as shitty as the others.

Well I would have to disagree with you because I have played some ME1 today and I liked it. Plus I own them so i'm going to play them and i'm even going to buy ME3.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Maajin

@giantbeehomonth said:

@Maajin said:

@giantbeehomonth said:

@Battery24 said:

I disagree. I love all three games.

You only like it because others do.

Take the asch experiment for example.

That's pretty fascinating. But I wonder, wouldn't that be more of a lesson to you than to me? After all, hating on Mass Effect is the popular opinion right now, is it not?

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Funzzo

Seems like all the pages for the BDTS and ME1 are no longer up on bioware. Cant find any pages that don't just lead to a dead page. Unless i'm doing it wrong.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rjayb89
    Sgykah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sgykah

Strong opinion followed by the sheeple argument. Troll much?

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Funzzo
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rjayb89

@Funzzo: Hm, it might be. I didn't mod a high-texture mod into my game, before or after, so maybe.

Battery24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Battery24

@Funzzo: I can't speak to what's on steam, as I played the games on 360...I would say if it is easily available, BDTS is worth a look, but it's by no means mandatory.

Sgykah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sgykah

Once you get around to the second one, Lair of the shadowbroker is also a lot of fun. Kasumi's quest is also fun.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Funzzo

@rjayb89 said:

@Funzzo: Hm, it might be. I didn't mod a high-texture mod into my game, before or after, so maybe.

Yep it was the modded exe that was giving me problems. I threw the original exe back in and the installer started right up. Thanks for the help dude.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.