Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Matthew Rorie

Person » credited in 4 games

Once a GameSpot editor and then a Marketing and PR Producer at Obsidian Entertainment, Matt Rorie worked alongside Giant Bomb at Whiskey Media website Screened, and is now Product Manager for Giant Bomb. Matt's got faith of the heart; going where his heart will take him.

Did you guys see this?

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Legend

http://www.screened.com/forums/screencast/586/so-giantbomb-strikes-again/19608/

It seems Rorie had no idea what was going on until the very last minute. Why the hell didn't they tell him sooner? This just blows my mind..

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Drebin_893

He's since said that was a lie as he couldn't spoil the upcoming announcements. However, yeah I'm really bummed for Rorie, I love that guy.

djames216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By djames216

To be fair in the "pancakes announcement" video, Jeff said that 15 minutes ago they couldn't say anything. It seems that even Jeff & co didn't know when to announce things until very late in the game because of the legal side of things. I'm sure is well aware of what is happening but was just as in the dark as everyone else at Whiskey Media with regards the timing.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Hunkulese

He knew it was happening. He didn't know the exact date the announcement would happen because nobody did until the night before.

Do you really believe they would move everything out of the office last week and not say anything to the rest of the people working there?

Avatar image for brewmaster_andy
    Brewmaster_Andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Brewmaster_Andy

@Legend: Rather than post on all of the WM sites about how "cruel" it is to leave Rorie "out of the loop", why don't you wait for HIS response?

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Codeacious

While the acquisition of these guys allows for new opportunities, I'm really bummed about not having a BLLSL with the entire WM family. I'll never get to see Rorie interact with the GB guys anymore, which is something I'll really miss.

Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Master_Funk

I am upset that neither Tested nor GB has even mentioned Screened. Tested guys are like ' So happy for those guys at GB/CV' and the GB guys are like ' Tested is working on some awesome stuff'. Hopefully its just an accident and screened is alright, but still.

PolygonSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PolygonSlayer

Yeah, gonna miss Matt on the show. Was always great having him pop in now and again :/ Let's just hope that at least he gets to show up here and there and that hopefully everything works out well for him.

All the best to Matthew Rorie!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Master_Funk said:

I am upset that neither Tested nor GB has even mentioned Screened. Tested guys are like ' So happy for those guys at GB/CV' and the GB guys are like ' Tested is working on some awesome stuff'. Hopefully its just an accident and screened is alright, but still.

Yeah it kind of sucks, I really dig Screened, it just seemed like they were under-staffed but made due with what they had. I hope Rorie continues and gets some new co-workers a long the way.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Legend
    @Brewmaster_Andy

@Legend: Rather than post on all of the WM sites about how "cruel" it is to leave Rorie "out of the loop", why don't you wait for HIS response?

Post on all the WM sites? I only commented on Rorie's thread on Screened, then posted a thread about it here on GB. It's obvious from his post that he had no clue what was going on, but I don't think he's the kind of person to call them out on it. All the other WM sites had their announcements ready except for Screened. This should tell you something.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Claude
    @Legend: I'm sure Rorie knew what was going on. It's not like he would walk into the Whiskey Media office and see everyone packing up and them saying, "It's ok Rorie. You just chill, we'll be right back".
    Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Drebin_893

@Legend: Read my post before you continue to be wrong.

Avatar image for brewmaster_andy
    Brewmaster_Andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Brewmaster_Andy

@Legend: Fearmongering is fearmongering.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

It seems like Screened is still up in the air. Rorie said that he would be taking a call today from the new higher ups, and would tell everyone once he knows what's up. His Twitter has been a rather depressing read the last 24 hours.

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By DarkShaper

Screened is the only site left at the new Whiskey Media that I checked regularly, hope they come out of this better than ever.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hunkulese

@Legend said:

@Brewmaster_Andy

Post on all the WM sites? I only commented on Rorie's thread on Screened, then posted a thread about it here on GB. It's obvious from his post that he had no clue what was going on, but I don't think he's the kind of person to call them out on it. All the other WM sites had their announcements ready except for Screened. This should tell you something.

How is it obvious by his post? He was not allowed to talk about what was actually going on and needed to give a reason about why he couldn't do a podcast and went with the weird chili day. Do you honestly think that they just said "hey Matt everyone is moving out of the office so pack up but there's nothing going on and everything is staying the same."

Of course he knew about it.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Grixxel

He knew. The only real question is if they are taking him with them or not :(

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DeeGee

@Legend: He has already confirmed that he was lying in that thread.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Legend

@Drebin_893 said:

@Legend: Read my post before you continue to be wrong.

@DeeGee said:

@Legend: He has already confirmed that he was lying in that thread.

He had no clue when the announcement would happen. Everyone else did and were prepared for it if you read their tweets.

@Brewmaster_Andy said:

@Legend: Fearmongering is fearmongering.

This was absolutely not my intention when creating this thread. I don't start threads here very often, but when I read Matt's post on Screened, it just blew my mind how they left him in the dark about the announcement like that. I had to say something. Shit is depressing. :(

rockinkemosabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By rockinkemosabe

I feel bad for Rorie cause it seemed like Alex was doing less and less content for Screened and slowly more work for GB leaving Rorie with all the video content and many other features.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Yanngc33

@Legend: Don't you think that the fact that he had no clue of when it was going to happen may mean that he may be on the way out? It seems like they just left him to die alone on Screened and that it's only a matter of time before both are shut down, which is sad.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By alternate

I don't think the new owners have decided what to do with Screened yet - so he is not going to find out if he still has a job until they do. I guess screened got tossed in there as a sweetener. Like at the flea market when you offer ten bucks for the entire box to get that Boba Fett action figure you spotted at the bottom. The meat of the deal was done for the publishing platform and - to a lesser extent - Tested.

I hope they ether decide to fund Screened or just kill it. It has been limping along with really just Rorie for too long. The GB guys look out for their mates. They gave Rorie a job on screened and if he gets canned I can see them finding him a job back at bomb next time they have an opening.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DeF

@Legend said:

@Brewmaster_Andy

how is it obvious, nobody knew exactly when the deal would go through. even John Davison said in the stream yesterday they didn't know exactly when it would go down. Just wait for Rorie to post his thing and in the meantime stop trying to fuel these "GB is evil now because they went back to the bad guys".

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Legend

@DeF said:

@Legend said:

@Brewmaster_Andy

how is it obvious, nobody knew exactly when the deal would go through. even John Davison said in the stream yesterday they didn't know exactly when it would go down. Just wait for Rorie to post his thing and in the meantime stop trying to fuel these "GB is evil now because they went back to the bad guys".

Please don't put words in my mouth. I'm not trying to fuel anything and I don't think that GB is evil or that GS are the "bad guys". Everyone knew about the announcement except Matt. Jeff, Will, Alex even Gary Whitta, all tweeted about it a few hours before it was announced. It is obvious however that Matt didn't know. How is it obvious? Take a look at his tweet that I quoted in my previous post and read his post on Screened and tell me if you honestly think he had a clue about the announcement. He wasn't even prepared for it, and he has yet to post anything about it on Screened.

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Zithe

If Screened were to get trashed, do you guys think there is any chance that Giant Bomb's new budget would allow them to hire him?

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DeF

@Legend said:

@DeF said:

@Legend said:

@Brewmaster_Andy

Please don't put words in my mouth. I'm not trying to fuel anything and I don't think that GB is evil or that GS are the "bad guys". Everyone knew about the announcement except Matt. Jeff, Will, Alex even Gary Whitta, all tweeted about it a few hours before it was announced. It is obvious however that Matt didn't know. How is it obvious? Take a look at his tweet that I quoted in my previous post and read his post on Screened and tell me if you honestly think he had a clue about the announcement. He wasn't even prepared for it, and he has yet to post anything about it on Screened.

Sorry if I put words in your mouth, it's just extremely frustrating when so many people here act like the apocalypse just happened.

You made it sound like he didn't know it would happen at all. He, like anyone else just didn't know exactly WHEN it would go down. Because he scheduled his hair cut prior to them knowing when it would happen and the other guys hinting at it because it was gonna happen sooner or later doesn't automatically mean they intentionally just "left him in the dark" or something. Again, let's just wait for his post.

Regardless, I feel bad for Rorie because he just lost the other half of his two man team with Alex and now the crew is scattered all over the place.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By I_smell

Biggest thing that stood out to me in that post: The GiantBomb guys did team-building excercises?

...really?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Zithe said:

If Screened were to get trashed, do you guys think there is any chance that Giant Bomb's new budget would allow them to hire him?

..why would they hire him? Let him be with his 2-star movie reviews and puppy fetishes.
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Cloudenvy

I really hope Rorie joins the GB guys. He's one of the most hardworking and loveable guys I've had the pleasure of knowing.

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By donkeycow
    No Caption Provided

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Zithe said:

..why would they hire him? Let him be with his 2-star movie reviews and puppy fetishes.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Donkeycow said:
    No Caption Provided

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Zithe said:

I said puppy fetishes, not pandas!
    hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By hero_swe

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Zithe said:

You're a a dead man!

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By donkeycow

@AhmadMetallic: And I clearly said haters gonna hate...

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Zithe said:

Because he's fucking awesome. That's why.

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

I'm one of the top users on Screened and I can confirm that Rorie is going to continue for Screened for now. He won't much more until after the weekend though. Go to his Twitter account if you need legitimate confirmation.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.