Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 15, 2003

Max Payne 2 is a film-noir action game in which the player takes control of Max Payne, in search of the murdering group masquerading as cleaners.

Mona in max payne 3?

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Pibo47

****Spoilers****

I think she will  be, considering if you beat the game on the hardest difficulty she lives. What do you guys think?
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

I would think its definitely a possibility, but I think the majority of people that beat games on easier difficulties to hardest are pretty uneven, so most people would probably evoke a negative reaction and "WTF SHE DIED THOUGH" kind of thing i would think..the developers might take that into consideration :\

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pibo47
    pause422 said:
    "I would think its definitely a possibility, but I think the majority of people that beat games on easier difficulties to hardest are pretty uneven, so most people would probably evoke a negative reaction and "WTF SHE DIED THOUGH" kind of thing i would think..the developers might take that into consideration :\"
    I hope they do.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HandsomeDead

Is 3 even still coming out? I really hope it doesn't.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pibo47
    HandsomeDead said:
    "Is 3 even still coming out? I really hope it doesn't."
    And just have the ending(s) from max payne 2 stand forever? No, 3 has to come out.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pause422

Last I heard 3 was in development. Why would you hope it wasn't? Max payne is great.

fruitisgood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By fruitisgood

Maybe Alan Wake doesn't really exist

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Oni

I'm kinda torn. On one hand, Max Payne 2 was awesome and would end the series on a very high note with a fitting ending. On the other hand, another Max Payne, written by Sam Lake... hell mf'ing yes!

agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By agent_lost
    pause422 said:
    "I would think its definitely a possibility, but I think the majority of people that beat games on easier difficulties to hardest are pretty uneven, so most people would probably evoke a negative reaction and "WTF SHE DIED THOUGH" kind of thing i would think..the developers might take that into consideration :\"
    or they can do a Prince of Persia The Two Throne. Take about spoiling the last game. If you don't know the PoP TT start off by showing you the secret ending and move on from there.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Pibo47 said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    And just have the ending(s) from max payne 2 stand forever? No, 3 has to come out."
    Well, yeah. Everyone is dead apart from Max, Mona and Jim Bravura. You can't carry on the story with only those characters.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pibo47
    HandsomeDead said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    And just have the ending(s) from max payne 2 stand forever? No, 3 has to come out."
    Well, yeah. Everyone is dead apart from Max, Mona and Jim Bravura. You can't carry on the story with only those characters."
    But you cant just leave the story the way it was either.
    gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By gunswordfist
    Pibo47 said:
    "****Spoilers****
    I think she will  be, considering if you beat the game on the hardest difficulty she lives. What do you guys think?"

That's all I have heard about the secret ending. I wish I beat the game again before I traded. Unfortunately I didn't think Max Payne 2 had that much replay value. BIG mistake.
    Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Jackel2072

This is a interesting dice roll. They could take the MGS route where Meryl even lived or died depending on if you submitted to the torture. It was a up in the air thing if she really lived or died until MGS4 came out. I would be happy with a Mona Sax game though.

trav3ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By trav3ler

She won't.  They moved Max to a different city, which is kind of the cop-out way of Rockstar execs getting around the "oh wait remedy killed all the characters cause they wanted the series to end and have closure but we must resurrect it and make more monies so we can keep paying our obscene salaries" problem.  It does mean that it is extremely unlikely Mona will show up.  Bravura is also unlikely to appear, except for maybe a cameo somewhere.

Yeah, I think MP3 is a horrible idea.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.