Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 15, 2012

The long-awaited third Max Payne game finally arrived in May 2012, courtesy of Rockstar Vancouver. Eight years after the end of Max Payne 2, an aging, burnt-out Max finds one last chance to redeem himself while working as a bodyguard for a rich family in Brazil.

Anyone else deliberately not use their PKer's...

WVUEers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WVUEers

... so they enter that last shot mode?

I know in the QL Ryan said the health added back into your life was significantly less so if you did that but honestly i've never noticed. The way I've been looking at it, if you do get that point where you go into that mode you a). get a limited time of invulnerability and b). get what essentially is a one shot kill. To me both of the benefits of this seems to out weigh just keeping my health always high up...

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By hbkdx12

Yeah im not sure whether or not it's more beneficial to take them manually when your about to die or let LMS kick in. 

On my hard playthrough i took them manually as to leave little to chance as far as going into LMS and not being able to hit my target for 1 of 1000 reasons not to mention it leaves you vulnerable on the floor. 

If you hit them early enough during LMS you should still be able to stay on your feet

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Usually when I enter the last stand mode my view is obscured by a wall so I just die slowly.

Egg0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Egg0

I try to take painkillers, but I always forget and get put in LMS. It's terrible if you're playing on Hard. Max takes his time standing up and while that's going on, you're getting lit up by 3 other dudes.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Commisar123

I find it more useful to enter last shot mode than to use the painkiller myself

WVUEers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WVUEers

The other advantage is if you're facing a mini-gun guy, while a LMS doesn't kill them it will take them to their knees for a while.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By bed

i hate LMS. it's pretty messed up how you get killed by a guy behind cover and you can't even shoot back at him or any of the other guys shooting at you who aren't in cover.

i was doing anything so i wasn't in that mode.

Avatar image for the_r0n1n_named_47
    the_r0n1n_named_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

so far i only played online once and i forgot all about painkillers....... go figure..... but when i went back to singleplayer i gobble them up without a care (aka when i need them)

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MikeGosot

Yeah, i love LMS. But they're not useful in harder difficulties.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By ch3burashka

ABP.

Always be poppin'.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By napalm

@PeasantAbuse said:

Usually when I enter the last stand mode my view is obscured by a wall so I just die slowly.

Or you get shot before you can reload, leading to you slowly falling over while dry-firing the shit out of your gun because Max Payne is paralyzed when he falls.

Rudibager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rudibager

I'm not quite positive about this, but you may lose adrenaline when you get put into LMS mode. I guess the slow-mo of LMS mode drains your Adrenaline meter.

So yeah, there's a negative.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.