Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 15, 2012

The long-awaited third Max Payne game finally arrived in May 2012, courtesy of Rockstar Vancouver. Eight years after the end of Max Payne 2, an aging, burnt-out Max finds one last chance to redeem himself while working as a bodyguard for a rich family in Brazil.

Anyone see the GTTV Special? (Link inside)

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By hbkdx12
    http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/153?ch=1

Not too bad. Pretty informative. I now realize that bullet time isn't automatically reserved for everyone. It's basically a perk you can choose. Also like the fact that he said that it works based on line of sight such that if you break the line of sight you're no longer stuck in bullet time. What i don't like is the fact that he mentioned it creates a lot of daisy chains which exactly was my concern but eh, we'll see how it works. 

Also, i like Rockstar and they certainly do have a great pedigree based on the games they've released but does anyone else feel like anytime they promote they're games they act as most of their gameplay aspects are absolutely revolutionary? even in cases where plenty of other games do that same exact thing. For example, in the video he talks about the "intelligent AI" and how enemies will provide cover fire and flank you and flush you out with grenades. So what? Most third person shooters do that as is. Sure, rockstar may be able to implement it better than most but it's not like it's a brand new concept. I also felt the same when when he was talking about bullet time and how everything has to react to being slower down to the flaps of Max's jacket. Again, granted, they might be able to pull it off better than most but having everything slow down when implementing a gameplay feature that slows everything down is not novel.
    BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BBQBram

Yeah I just watched it resulting in sky-rocketing hype. They do oversell some aspects of it but in my book, they've earned the bragging rights. No one holds a candle to Rockstar when it comes to style. I'm really excited about the multiplayer too which is rare for me. Any concerns about the multiplayer being "tacked-on" are complete bullshit, seeing as they've crafted the whole dynamic plot lines and mission goals structure and the gameplay looks tight as hell. And the single-player, oh man. The sheer atmosphere of that night club level, the attention to detail, Max's lines. Can't wait.

Cue the assholes claiming "this isn't Max Payne hurr durr". Hey idiots, if protagonists don't change they're boring interchangeable husks. Ever heard of a character arc? Ah what's the use...

Avatar image for condorcalabasas
    CondorCalabasas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By CondorCalabasas

@hbkdx12said:

For example, in the video he talks about the "intelligent AI" and how enemies will provide cover fire and flank you and flush you out with grenades. So what? Most third person shooters do that as is.

Which ones?

I don't very often play third person shooters, but games in general have pretty dumb AI for the most part.

I'm trying to think of games that I've played (not just third person shooters) that actually have intelligent AI.

Ninja Gaiden 1? Maybe.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4  Edited By zyn

@CondorCalabasas said:

@hbkdx12said:

For example, in the video he talks about the "intelligent AI" and how enemies will provide cover fire and flank you and flush you out with grenades. So what? Most third person shooters do that as is.

Which ones?

I don't very often play third person shooters, but games in general have pretty dumb AI for the most part.

I'm trying to think of games that I've played (not just third person shooters) that actually have intelligent AI.

Ninja Gaiden 1? Maybe.

Didn't F.E.A.R. 1 have intelligent A.I.?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By CL60

Game looks amazing.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I'm so fucking EXCITED to walk with Max once more in an all new, grim, heart pumping, adrenaline-fueled experience of heartache and betrayal... I'm thinking of turning religious for a month so I can pray for the game to be GOOD everyday til it's out ;(

Avatar image for deactivated-6281db536cb1d
    deactivated-6281db536cb1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zyn said:

@CondorCalabasas said:

@hbkdx12said:

Which ones?

Ninja Gaiden 1? Maybe.

One game in five years lol. FEAR did has some great AI. Most third person shooters now use very dumb a.i. Essentially they sit behind cover and run a routine where they occasionally pop their heads out so you can shoot them.

Avatar image for condorcalabasas
    CondorCalabasas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CondorCalabasas

@zyn: @zyn said:

@CondorCalabasas said:

@hbkdx12said:

Which ones?

Ninja Gaiden 1? Maybe.

Yep, thats right, I always completely forget about that game, the AI in that was pretty good.

As for the video. I absolutely loved the club scene, every word that came out of his mouth was so Max Payne.

And that idiot trying to shoot the shit with Max was hilarious.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SlightConfuse

im excited for the game , that video just mad eme want it even more

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hbkdx12
    @CondorCalabasas: Although the AI still leaves a bit to be desired on some level, uncharted 3 had enemies that would flank you and flush you out of cover with grenades
    Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By Dagbiker

Why does it look like crap, not the game, im sure the game looks great. But the stream. Even youtube looks better.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By fjordson

Lmao, Jeronimo Barrera does do that in every interview, where every game and feature is the most revolutionary thing ever. I remember he GTTV had a special on Red Dead Redemption a few years ago and he was telling Geoff how crazy it was that Red Dead had wildlife in it, haha. But meh, a lot of devs are like that. As for the footage, it looked fantastic. I loved the atmosphere of the club, and I love how all weird color and disorienting effects are tied into Max's drinking and drug use. And I like how they said the story is being told in a nonlinear way through flashbacks and "other editing tricks". R* is probably hiding some big twists.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hbkdx12
    @Fjordson: *waits for GTA V preview*....and we've done textures unlike anyone before. You can actually see the diamond pattern in this NPC's argyle sweater. lol

I'm curious about this whole thing about the story being told through flashbacks in stuff. I totally had it pieced together that

But i may be wrong if the story isn't told linearly but most certainly there are going to be some big twists.
    BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BBQBram

@hbkdx12: I think you're on to something there.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By pweidman

Nice production from GTTV. R* must be happy with this slicky promo stuff.

But the game will be good regardless, of that I have no doubt. The action looks good, I just hope the vibe is super dark and sick like the first Max. Not really gotten that yet though tbh. Mp controls better be sharp or that part will just be a drive-by for me.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By falserelic

Thanks 4 the link.....

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NTM

Yeah, I just saw it. The game looks amazing and has me more hyped then before. I knew I wanted it, but I didn't know how much until I saw this. Fantastic.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#18  Edited By DJJoeJoe

I wish there was a better way to keep up and watch the GTTV episodes for someone like me who doesn't visit GameTrailers at all, and doesn't watch a television. They used to have some sort of rss feed for their videos which I once tried to get on my device but I think it was just trailers, or just parts of GTTV episodes and not the whole thing or something weird like that. :(

Oh, the footage is great. GTTV always seems to deliver on good content from upcoming games even when they aren't doing this sort of special episode focusing on just one game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.