Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 15, 2012

The long-awaited third Max Payne game finally arrived in May 2012, courtesy of Rockstar Vancouver. Eight years after the end of Max Payne 2, an aging, burnt-out Max finds one last chance to redeem himself while working as a bodyguard for a rich family in Brazil.

Co-Op coming to Max Payne 3

GunnerJensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GunnerJensen
    No Caption Provided

On January 22nd, we’ll be bringing you the final Max Payne 3 DLC pack for all platforms and it’s an action-packed doozy stuffed with new co-op and competitive modes, plus other awesome treats for Max Payne 3 Multiplayer.

Stay tuned in the coming days as we’ll be revealing what’s in the Deathmatch Made in Heaven Pack in greater detail – but as you can see in the pack’s official artwork above, Max and Passos will no doubt have their hands full…

The Deathmatch Made in Heaven Pack will be available in all territories on January 22nd for 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE and $9.99 on PC and PSN in North America (this pack will be available for PS3 players in Europe on January 30th). Of course, Rockstar Pass owners will receive this content at no additional charge.

Even though there's not many people still playing the online component of this game (which is a shame because it's very enjoyable, balance be damned), I'm very much looking forward to more content, especially if McCaffrey has some more dialog to deliver.

Anyone else still playing MP?

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I didn't really like the multiplayer that much because I didn't think the gameplay translated to a multiplayer setting that well. I was constantly wrestling with the controls and found it way too hard to hit anyone. But co-op sounds pretty nice for this game. This may be the one piece of DLC I check out depending on what exactly is in it.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Grissefar

Ugh what a waste of resources, but I guess they have to do it since they sold a dlc pass, right? The MP was dead when I played it in the summer so it's got to be a graveyard by now.

Avatar image for live2brighteous
    Live2bRighteous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Live2bRighteous

Thankfully, the game is still played on PC. There have been a steady number of 200-100 people playing every day. Most of them own the DLC too, so that's quite nice. Although, I have to say... I can't believe a ROCKSTAR game is dead on consoles. I just never thought that was possible. I don't understand why it's dead either... I mean, the multiplayer lets you activate slow while diving off a 100 foot building and shooting an RPG at the same time. What's not to like? Playing it daily, I will be highly sad the moment this game completely dies on the PC. Until then though, I'll keep on playing! OH BTW, the new co-op DLC is awesome.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Has anyone tried this and have any impressions?

Really interested in the co-op.

GunnerJensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GunnerJensen

@ArtisanBreads said:

Yeah, played a few hours this week. Quite entertaining, though it's just a run of the mill wave-based survival mode.

Basically, you fight through endless waves of bad guys while earning "Grit", the currency of this mode. It's used to open doors (which widens maps and creates short-cuts), purchase/upgrade weapons, use ammo crates, gather more painkillers, or to save your partner. In this mode, if your partner goes down, he is "captured" (cuffed and placed on a random point of the map, which is marked), and you must find them and spend Grit to release them. What's disappointing is the fact that there's only two maps to choose from, Hoboken and the Tete River Docks.

There is also three Deathmatch-variation modes that come with the expansion, and though all three can be fun for a while, it feels like Rockstar just phoned it in so they can get back to work on GTAV.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By musubi

I really loved the multiplayer but it dropped off really quickly so not going to throw more money at the game. Also, I sold my copy so..theres also that slight detail

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm very interested in the co-op. Could be really, really fun to play with my little brother.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@GunnerJensen said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

Yeah, played a few hours this week. Quite entertaining, though it's just a run of the mill wave-based survival mode.

Basically, you fight through endless waves of bad guys while earning "Grit", the currency of this mode. It's used to open doors (which widens maps and creates short-cuts), purchase/upgrade weapons, use ammo crates, gather more painkillers, or to save your partner. In this mode, if your partner goes down, he is "captured" (cuffed and placed on a random point of the map, which is marked), and you must find them and spend Grit to release them. What's disappointing is the fact that there's only two maps to choose from, Hoboken and the Tete River Docks.

There is also three Deathmatch-variation modes that come with the expansion, and though all three can be fun for a while, it feels like Rockstar just phoned it in so they can get back to work on GTAV.

Thanks for the impressions.

Sounds like it could be better, but I have been dying for a co-op mode of the survival variety in this game. I think it may just be enough for me.

Is there bullet time though?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Snail

Well this was unexpected.

If I can find someone who wants to play through this with me on co-op, I might very well just buy this.

NathanStack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NathanStack

I played multiplayer for about two months at launch and it was total garbage. Spawn camping, spawning right next to an enemy and immediately getting shot in the face and dying, horribly imbalanced weapons, the list of things that made MP3 multiplayer unfun goes on and on.

Pity I sold my copy back in October because a Gears/ME3-style co-op mode sounds like fun.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By xyzygy

This game left me so sour I don't want to touch it for a very long time. Noir does not fit in South American settings.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the SP in Max Payne 3 one of my fav games of last year but the mp is nothing special honestly I can't take any multiplayer game seriously if it doesn't have dedicated servers a server list and a anticheat system I fucking can't stand match making.As for co op meh all this feels tacked on Rockstar is my fav Dev but I have yet to play A mp game from them I like or really any third person shooter that has mp seems to be tacked on to me.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#14  Edited By Colonel_Pockets

Too little too late?

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Subjugation

I enjoyed this game, but even I have to ask, does anyone care about the addition of Co-op this late? My guess would be that people are done with this game by now.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hbkdx12
    @GunnerJensen said:

it feels like Rockstar just phoned it in so they can get back to work on GTAV.

This is pretty much what i imagined it to be. If it takes you 9 months to release a new multiplayer mode for a game with this much notoriety, either you must be racking in dedicated players on the level of COD or you must not really give a shit
    AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By AssInAss

I hated this game with every fiber of my being and deleted the game off Steam, but didn't Rockstar Vancouver (the developers) get shut down and moved to somewhere else? Who even made this mode?

GunnerJensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GunnerJensen

@ArtisanBreads said:

@GunnerJensen said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

Thanks for the impressions.

Sounds like it could be better, but I have been dying for a co-op mode of the survival variety in this game. I think it may just be enough for me.

Is there bullet time though?

Yep. All the mechanics from the single-player portion are all present. @Subjugation said:

I enjoyed this game, but even I have to ask, does anyone care about the addition of Co-op this late? My guess would be that people are done with this game by now.

Surprisingly, it's been quite easy to get into a full DLC match, though I imagine it won't be that way for much longer.@AssInAss said:

I hated this game with every fiber of my being and deleted the game off Steam, but didn't Rockstar Vancouver (the developers) get shut down and moved to somewhere else? Who even made this mode?

The Vancouver studio was merged with their Toronto studio, so I believe it'd be some of those guys.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.