Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 15, 2012

The long-awaited third Max Payne game finally arrived in May 2012, courtesy of Rockstar Vancouver. Eight years after the end of Max Payne 2, an aging, burnt-out Max finds one last chance to redeem himself while working as a bodyguard for a rich family in Brazil.

Do you prefer soft aim or free aim in multiplayer?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By falserelic

I prefer free aim it feels more engaging and challenging. I did play one match on soft aim. But it just didn't feel right it felt cheap. Everyone was getting kills pretty easy, and after awhile I didn't find soft aim more fun then free aim.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By DharmaBum

Free aim all the way. Kill times in multiplayer are already near instant so there's no need for auto-aim. Most people I run into online are either zig-zag strafing around the map with dual-wields or just camping with a scoped rifle.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By musubi

Free aim. If I'm gonna get killed by a dude online I wanna know he had to work for that kill.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ShaggE

Free aim. The kills are already fast and frequent, no need to expedite the process.

IAmNotBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By IAmNotBatman

Free aim should be compulsory in multiplayer, locking on seems really stupid, like I'm playing a game optimized for people who have never played one before.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#6  Edited By StarvingGamer

Oh you console shooters :D:D:D

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic

what kind of competitive multiplayer allows an aimbot to assist your aim?

KillerPidgeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KillerPidgeon

I've started on soft lock so I can get a better feel of the maps and such and the mechanics behind the game, gonna be hitting up some free aim tonight though.

Need to get myself a new controller as well since the RB is finnicky and sometimes won't respond making Shoot-Dodging an absolute pain!

mbdoeden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mbdoeden

@AhmadMetallic said:

If fair competition is what you're worried about, free aim and soft lock are split into two different "playlists" so it's as fair as possible.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Free aim

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By DJJoeJoe

@AhmadMetallic said:

All of them, minus Counter Strike.@IAmNotBatman said:

Free aim should be compulsory in multiplayer, locking on seems really stupid, like I'm playing a game optimized for people who have never played one before.

Or for people who use a controller, and play any of the shooters that exist today like CoD or Halo.

In theory I prefer some form of lock on if I'm playing a Rockstar game with a controller, but I've purchased the PC version and also Max Payne 3 seems a bit smoother so I may very well find that I can have a lot more fun with the free aim. I'll prolly be using a controller for the game anyways, or at least starting off with one, and I can't say how much of the multiplayer I'll actually play. I enjoy Rockstar multiplayer stuff but it tends to be boring sometimes and doesn't often resonate with a lot of people. I get tired of people 'playing it wrong'? which is a stupid way to feel I guess, they are just trying to win in the easiest/best way possible, I just tend to not play games with 'winning' as the main goal.

Viggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Viggo

Free aim all round.

Jeldh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Jeldh

I'm playing soft aim because I have a controller, I would have a hard time competing with people using mouse and keyboard. If I didn't play with a controller I would definitely play with free aim.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By intro

@AhmadMetallic said:

Almost all console shooters.

DaSmart1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DaSmart1

Soft aim games are crazier and more balls-to-the-wall, free aim games are more tactical. I go with soft aim personally

MaskofMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MaskofMan

I prefer soft... I play to play, ie. have fun... I don't wanna work too hard to get kills and I already die enough that if I got less kills I would just be a walking bullet magnet... I already have games where my average lifespan is only 15 seconds, lol.

I don't hate on the people that use either though... I'm glad the servers try to sort the players by aim preference and I can play with other people that are on a similar skill level as me. If only they had a better sorting mechanism that had me playing with less of a level gap between players, though... Many times i play in lobbys where there are half a dozen players that are twenty levels or more higher than me... I'm around 25 level and that same lobby will often have players as low as 9th and as high as 47th... guess who comes in first place in those matches.... hah

Jayesslee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jayesslee

Free aim all the way

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Ravenlight

@AhmadMetallic said:

Console "competitive" multiplayer games. Like Hannah Montana.

CannonGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By CannonGoose

I prefer free aim. Any sort of soft lock or snap-to aiming has always seemed crazy to me on consoles or PC.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By intro

Just started playing. I like free-aim, but the game is unplayable due to hackers so it doesn't matter anyway.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Funzzo

@Intro said:

Just started playing. I like free-aim, but the game is unplayable due to hackers so it doesn't matter anyway.

What? more info please. I have been playing just fine after opening some ports. Free aim.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By intro

@Funzzo said:

@Intro said:

What? more info please. I have been playing just fine after opening some ports. Free aim.

I get into matches fine for the most part without touching ports, but there are matches with people who have unlimited health. When I go into bullet time from behind someone and shoot them in the head 6 times with a revolver, they're usually dead.

Proof- I don't give a fuck how good you are at this game, you never go 25-0 unless you're cheating. Everyone in the match was calling him out on it.

No Caption Provided
    Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Funzzo

@Intro said:

@Funzzo said:

@Intro said:

I get into matches fine for the most part without touching ports, but there are matches with people who have unlimited health. When I go into bullet time from behind someone and shoot them in the head 6 times with a revolver, they're usually dead.

Proof- I don't give a fuck how good you are at this game, you never go 25-0 unless you're cheating. Everyone in the match was calling him out on it.

No Caption Provided

I would have to agree. If you go 25-0 you are cheating.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By intro

@Funzzo said:

@Intro said:

@Funzzo said:

@Intro said:

No Caption Provided

I would have to agree. If you go 25-0 you are cheating.

If you were in the match you'd notice real quick something was up when he kept writing how good he was while he'd get shot and his health never went down lol. There are some MP games were going on a steak like that can happen, but this game doesn't seem like one were it happens at all.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Twiggy199

On 360, free aim, Because i like my shooting to be as natural as unshaved pubic hair.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.