Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 15, 2012

The long-awaited third Max Payne game finally arrived in May 2012, courtesy of Rockstar Vancouver. Eight years after the end of Max Payne 2, an aging, burnt-out Max finds one last chance to redeem himself while working as a bodyguard for a rich family in Brazil.

Falling Glitch

smeddly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By smeddly

So i'm on chapter 9 of max payne, just running about and killing people and all off a sudden I fall through the ground, screen goes orange and I get stuck like that, Can't press start to go back to the menu, buttons don't do anything, just an orange screen, I have to press guide button and restart the entire game. This happened to me during chapter 7 aswell, and after looking on youtube at other peoples glitches, it can happen on multiple chapters.

Anyone else had this problem as it totally blows and is slowly pissing me off and ruining my experience?

smeddly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By smeddly

Now after restarting I realise why I fell through the ground, the game didn't show me a cutscene, I just kept walking when I was meant to be shown a cutscene, the one in the shop in chapter 9

Until a patch comes out, this game's Fecked!!!

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Poppduder

Just try slowing down. The game sort of forces you to walk when cutscenes are coming up. When you see that happening, hold off on the sprint button.

smeddly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By smeddly

I'm not even sprinting, im checking every room for stuff and yeah it slows you down, you can't even run when that happens

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Poppduder

Well, then I can only recommend you stop breaking the game.

smeddly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By smeddly

Haha if only it was me, check it out on youtube, the glitch im on about happened to someone else but in like chapter 3 or 4

Avatar image for radioactivegazz
    RadioactiveGazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RadioactiveGazz

I found a glitch when falling. Max basically broke his neck and arms, and would walk around in a retarded upper body pose until I changed to a 2 handed weapon. I crouched and waked sideways. Max Payne doing the crab walk in a gunfight is more hilarious than it sounds. My bullets still moved where I aimed them, but the gun was pointed way up.

Anyway, other than that, i have no encountered any other major bugs aside from a slightly out of synch audio bug in a cutscene.

tjgreywolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tjgreywolf

Just had the same thing happen. Just after you shimmy across the side of the building, take out some UFE guys , cross a wooden "bridge" then end up in some general store with a pool table in the back room. Walked up to a door and just fell through some kind of hole. Now it's bright orange screen and nothing on the controller works save the Guide button. VERY weird and a bit aggravating.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.