Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 15, 2012

The long-awaited third Max Payne game finally arrived in May 2012, courtesy of Rockstar Vancouver. Eight years after the end of Max Payne 2, an aging, burnt-out Max finds one last chance to redeem himself while working as a bodyguard for a rich family in Brazil.

James McCaffrey's Voice.

Schmollian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Schmollian

So I have exposed myself to a TON of this game. Having played through it twice now and working on getting through it on harder difficulties, I have found that the voice of Max, James McCaffrey, has been thoroughly burrowed into my mind. His internal monologues really are brilliant. Anyway, I have recently found myself sort of doing the same thing that Max does, only its in my real everyday life at work. I play a track in my mind based on the current situation, only in Max's voice instead of my own. For instance, if someone pisses me off I may think (in Max's voice), "I thought about re-arranging his miserable face with my fist. Maybe that would finally shut him the fuck up. But I soon realized that it would cause more trouble for me than his miserable skin was worth. I shrugged it off and moved on to the task at hand."

Lol it's crazy, I know. Just wondering if anyone else does this.

BlazingReview

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BlazingReview

No it's not crazy, in fact it really speaks volumes about the amount of effort and talent that went into this game. For me, his voice paired with the excellent writing is just amazing, and yes it plays in my head as well. You aren't alone friend!

DeathByWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By DeathByWaffle

Haha yeah, that has always happened when I've played the Max Payne games. In the Quick Look it seemed like Jeff wasn't a fan of McCaffrey, but I really enjoy him.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I didn't before but now I am.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By bybeach

@DeathByWaffle said:

Haha yeah, that has always happened when I've played the Max Payne games. In the Quick Look it seemed like Jeff wasn't a fan of McCaffrey, but I really enjoy him.

I totally wrote that, and his rejection of the game in some video(meeting Alex/showing him around), off. I really respect Jeff as a pro, but some of his reviews and such have made me think for myself. He is a unique dude who seems very on about some things, is genuinely good at games(unlike me a lot) and has his tastes.

But ...no. McCaffery, and Max Payne 3 win this one in my book. For me.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By toowalrus

I just now finished Max Payne 3- that game was fucking amazing- and I love Mccaffrey's voice. It's great- not quite Solid Snake great, but pretty damn close.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By cornbredx

No I have never done that (and I played Max Payne 1 and 2 about as much as you say you've played this current one). That's interesting, though. It's kinda like if you mess up a monitor and the picture gets burned in. Its getting stuck in your head. That's kind of funny.

@bybeach: I agree, but I've always liked Max's voice. Jeff has gone on record to say he has never liked it, so it's just something I disagree with him on. No biggie.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By TheHT

I still hear him as Zane from time to time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.