Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 15, 2012

The long-awaited third Max Payne game finally arrived in May 2012, courtesy of Rockstar Vancouver. Eight years after the end of Max Payne 2, an aging, burnt-out Max finds one last chance to redeem himself while working as a bodyguard for a rich family in Brazil.

PC Performance

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vitor

In one word: Fantastic.

Running it on a mid-end laptop and can get a constant 30FPS at 1920x1080 with nearly everything on high (only textures on very high and Shaders on Normal), with some FXAA and Vsync.

If you're having perfomance issues, Shaders is the biggest hit. I was disappointed with the performance initially but turning the shaders down from High to Normal helped a lot and the visual hit isn't huge.

Game looks gorgeous also - 2k textures and non-compressed movies mean you can't tell the scene transitions (usually it's noticeable because everyone encodes their video at 720 and the drop really stands out, not the case here).

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By pr1mus
    emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By emergency
    Heavystormdk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Heavystormdk

Nice! But if they only made the game work here in Europe... An "Idle" problem with the updater makes the game unplayable.... DAMN IT!

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By vitor

@Pr1mus said:

I made this thread earlier. http://www.giantbomb.com/max-payne-3/61-23398/pc-performance-post-your-specs/35-548899/#9

But yeah it runs great on hardware much lower than the initial specs rockstar listed.

@emergency said:

Not to be an arsehole, but this thread is basically identical http://www.giantbomb.com/max-payne-3/61-23398/pc-performance-post-your-specs/35-548899/#9. I'm glad this runs well, especially after GTA 4 raped my computer.

Ah, I glanced at the forums before posting and didn't see that, weird. My bad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.