Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 15, 2012

The long-awaited third Max Payne game finally arrived in May 2012, courtesy of Rockstar Vancouver. Eight years after the end of Max Payne 2, an aging, burnt-out Max finds one last chance to redeem himself while working as a bodyguard for a rich family in Brazil.

Preorder bonuses?

Jayesslee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jayesslee

I preordered the PC version from amazon last week to get increased bullet damage, but I was wondering: are all these preorder items are unlockable ingame or are they exclusive to the retailers indefinitely?

No Caption Provided
    BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BleedingStarX

99% sure thats unlocked from the start in multiplayer. If its not its certainly unlocked when you unlock the custom class option. How thats a preorder bonus I don't know, unless it differs slightly from the in game one

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic

You've... pre-ordered a Rockstar game on the PC? Are you not gonna wait to make sure that that piece of software runs well enough to warrant sixty Brad bucks?

easthill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By easthill

@AhmadMetallic said:

You've... pre-ordered a Rockstar game on the PC? Are you not gonna wait to make sure that that piece of software runs well enough to warrant sixty Brad bucks?

Livin' on the edge...

PS. Max Payne always warrants sixty bucks (or fifty euroes), no matter what state he arrives in.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @easthill said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Livin' on the edge...

PS. Max Payne always warrants sixty bucks (or fifty euroes), no matter what state he arrives in.

I'm talking about the performance on PC.
    easthill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By easthill

@AhmadMetallic: Me too. Still bought it, and planning to test it out myself.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Doctorchimp

@easthill said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Livin' on the edge...

I skipped through that video with no sound, is that song about hitting on underage girls?

Also Deadly Force is pre-order exclusive. I got it off Amazon when I bought the 360 version. My friend got something else from Gamestop.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
    deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That reminds me I need to post the extra code I got from play.com

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By DharmaBum

Deadly Force looks like an exclusive pre-order bonus for now, slightly different than Trigger Happy which anyone can unlock.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By zidd

I played it on a PC at PAX East and it looked and ran great on what they had there.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@Jayesslee: For now, the only way to get Deadly Force is to pre-order from amazon.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is Deadly Force similar to the first level of the Trigger Happy burst? But instead of giving you a new weapon on level 2 and 3 it just further increases your bullet damage?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#13  Edited By alistercat

I'd like to know that too. I'm getting the steam pre-order bonuses like the May Payne 1 skins but I don't know if they are unlockable in game.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Zidd said:

I played it on a PC at PAX East and it looked and ran great on what they had there.

That's so sexy. Mouse and keyboard? :D
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vitor

@Zidd said:

If it was a rig brought over by Rockstar, I'm guessing that, whatever it was, it was top of the range in almost every component.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#16  Edited By zidd

@AhmadMetallic: I played it with the xbox controller they had hooked up because the mouse and keyboard were at an awkward height.

@Vitor: Probably. although my i5 2500K/GTX570 rig hasn't choked on a single game I've thrown at it on max-ish settings so It'll probably run fine on my PC.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Zidd said:

@AhmadMetallic: I played it with the xbox controller they had hooked up because the mouse and keyboard were at an awkward height.

Lame :/
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vitor

@Zidd said:

@Vitor: Probably. although my i5 2500K/GTX570 rig hasn't choked on a single game I've thrown at it on max-ish settings so It'll probably run fine on my PC.

Yeah, I have what was considered a high end gaming laptop 2 years ago but its more mid/low range now and I can't really get a desktop as I move around too much. My GPU can handle any multiplatform game fine at 1080 maxed out unless its open world. I really need a faster processor and Rokstar's PC games (LA Noire and GTA IV) were massive CPU-hogs. I know Max is a linear shooter but you never know how they optimise these things...

I'll probably be able to run it at 720 with all the bells and whistles (had that situation with Alan Wake - gorgeous game but CPU dependent) but it would be nice to bump up the rez.

Jayesslee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jayesslee

@Vitor said:

@Zidd said:

Yeah, I have what was considered a high end gaming laptop 2 years ago but its more mid/low range now and I can't really get a desktop as I move around too much. My GPU can handle any multiplatform game fine at 1080 maxed out unless its open world. I really need a faster processor and Rokstar's PC games (LA Noire and GTA IV) were massive CPU-hogs. I know Max is a linear shooter but you never know how they optimise these things...

I'll probably be able to run it at 720 with all the bells and whistles (had that situation with Alan Wake - gorgeous game but CPU dependent) but it would be nice to bump up the rez.

Rockstar put out the tested specs a couple of days ago. They've seemed to have tested a wide range of PCs.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vitor

@Jayesslee: Yeah, I saw those a while back and I'm hopeful that I can get a steady 30 FPS at 1080 (might have to turn off AA and SSAO which always hits my performance hard).

Still, I don't really trust any company on performance unless they release a demo. So many configurations out there, there's bound to be unforeseen issues and incompatibilities.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.