Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 15, 2012

The long-awaited third Max Payne game finally arrived in May 2012, courtesy of Rockstar Vancouver. Eight years after the end of Max Payne 2, an aging, burnt-out Max finds one last chance to redeem himself while working as a bodyguard for a rich family in Brazil.

Rockstar has created the worst nightclub ever. Kudos

• 67 results
    Johacamigames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Johacamigames

God this game looks awesome

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By rollingzeppelin

@squirrelnacho said:

It seems you haven't seen nearly all of the coverage otherwise you would have known about more about the major plot points so far. Sure he made jokes in the first games, you are ignoring the argument. I said it was so over the top that in that preview it just seems unintentionally corny, and a set different sort of tone than the one that made the first two games so liked.

You seem set on refusing to believe that a large amount of the story has already been revealed, and that some people are forming opinions based on the large number of major plot points shown so far. We haven't seen all of the story, but the entire premise has been revealed. I never said anything about gameplay (which you would really NEED to play before judging), in fact, I think the gameplay needs to be modernized from the first two games.

A wise man once said, the devil's in the details. You can't judge a story based on the major plot points. The reason I'm not arguing about the corny monologue is because that's your opinion so there is no point arguing about it. I'm arguing that the use of a dark joke in a monologue is not out of character, because it isn't. You didn't say it set a different tone, you said it was out of character.

What is it about Max's choice to go into body guard duty that makes it so out of character?

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By MikeFightNight

Yes people, reading is a good thing.

Everything seems spot on in tone for a Max Payne game. As far as the club scene goes it looks a little sparse, but maybe it will look different when you are playing it for yourself. I liked the club stage in Kane and Lynch, which was probably the only part I liked of that game. Waiting for the PC version to drop, but I am looking forward to this game. Haven't played much since ME 3.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By MikeGosot

Well, i live in São Paulo, so i feel kinda ashamed that they nailed it.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Maajin

That's pretty cool, can't wait for the 15th.

And as someone who lives in Brazil and was constantly taken off the game in the favela sections of MW2 because of the poorly translated/written script and VO for the brazilian thugs, if this scene is any indication... Max Payne 3 nailed it.

At the beggining when they say "saúde" (cheers) inside the helicopter and at the end when someone screams "sai de cima de mim" (get off of me), both pretty damn convincing!

squirrelnacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By squirrelnacho

@RollingZeppelin said:

@squirrelnacho said:

It seems you haven't seen nearly all of the coverage otherwise you would have known about more about the major plot points so far. Sure he made jokes in the first games, you are ignoring the argument. I said it was so over the top that in that preview it just seems unintentionally corny, and a set different sort of tone than the one that made the first two games so liked.

You seem set on refusing to believe that a large amount of the story has already been revealed, and that some people are forming opinions based on the large number of major plot points shown so far. We haven't seen all of the story, but the entire premise has been revealed. I never said anything about gameplay (which you would really NEED to play before judging), in fact, I think the gameplay needs to be modernized from the first two games.

A wise man once said, the devil's in the details. You can't judge a story based on the major plot points. The reason I'm not arguing about the corny monologue is because that's your opinion so there is no point arguing about it. I'm arguing that the use of a dark joke in a monologue is not out of character, because it isn't. You didn't say it set a different tone, you said it was out of character.

What is it about Max's choice to go into body guard duty that makes it so out of character?

As I said, no we do not know the whole story, but we know the premise and we know major plot points; what the story will revolve around. It's the premise that seems to be moving Max out of character; an opinion. Also, I did mention the tone, if you look at the earlier comment. It would have been cool if they kept the original setting as well. This is what I was getting at, if it was not clear to you.

Why would he work for a figure that the previews make obvious is possibly corrupt or unlikable when event's from the first two games show he did not like to be arround those people. Apparently, he no longer has his old job and this was a new opportunity. Fine, that doesn't mean the character would work for someone whos corrupt. Yeah, its not completely random, but it's just not as interesting as the first two; again, just an opinion. Remedy does really creative things, like Alan Wake.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#57  Edited By Vinny_Says

Reading comprehension is not just given in ESL classes duders. Yes I agree; I saw the GTTV special and Rockstar nailed the shitty nightclub environment I despise. Don't get me wrong, there are some awesome nightclubs out there but this ain't it.

May 15 can't come soon enough :)

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By rollingzeppelin

@squirrelnacho: Well, it seems all of your points are opinions so there's nothing to debate.

Maybe the writing is not as good as the first two games but we wont really know until it comes out. I'll see if I agree with you or not after I've played it.

Avatar image for whyareyoucrouchingspock
    whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

That looks really shit compared to Max Payne 1/2 graphic novel style.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By laserbolts

@whyareyoucrouchingspock said:

That looks really shit compared to Max Payne 1/2 graphic novel style.

Then go play shogun. Can't wait for this game.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By Sooty

I'm trying to remain neutral about this as Rockstar have been rather disappointing this gen so I don't want to feel let down. Again. (RDR is their best, but that still got fucking boring at times)

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By fjordson

Yeah, Rockstar is one of the best there is at setting up a certain mood or setting. And I love all the effects. Fits perfectly with Max being in a drunken, drug-addled haze. Game is gonna be gud.

@Subjugation said:

maybe they'll bring it back to New York at some point, give him a trench coat, and have a whole act set in a perpetual snow storm.

But to be honest, Max suited up Collateral style is way cooler than trenchcoat Max, imo.

deerokus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By deerokus

A little bit of City of God in that clip too. Looks like it's going to be fantastic.

ComradeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ComradeKhan
    @bybeach said:

irregardless.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@steveurkel: We know who only read the OPs title and made a post about it.

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#66  Edited By jillsandwich

Yeah, this game is going to be fantastic.

And I thought areas in GTA4 were depressing.

XtremePudim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#67  Edited By XtremePudim

by the way as someone that lives in São Paulo, i gotta say im pretty impressed with the portuguese voice acting, usually games and movies that take place in Brazil, have characters that are supposed to be Brazilian but talk in broken portuguese ( Fast Five did that with some characters, and the Hulk movie with Ed Norton) but this sounds spot on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.