Yep, you saw the God damn trailer. They killed Max Payne! YOU BASTARDS! Seriously though, what happened to that bad ass detective, with a bad ass voice, that went around the streets of neo-noir New York cleaning up the scum of the earth? What happened to him? What happened to his story of avenging his dead family, that cold, horrific, depressing and unforgettable story? Now we get a 50+ year old bald guy (ok, shaved head) with a not so bad ass beard working for some f***ing security company in...Sao Paulo? This is why it was better if the series simply ended with Max Payne 2, instead, now they'll ruin a near perfect franchise by publishing this unholy garbage. The game might be good, but I'm ready to bet 50$ right here, right now, that the story, dialogue and the setting (most of all the setting), won't be anywhere near the level of the first two games.
In conclusion, Rockstar, you fucking suck from here on out.
Changes included in Max Payne 3, from the official Giantbomb Max Payne 3 page.
- Max's weapon capacity is now more realistic, whereas he could carry an unlimited amount of weapons in the other games, now he has to pick between what weapons he wants to carry.
- Max can use human shields.
- A cover system will be in the game.
- Max can perform life-saving kill shots if he is near death.
- If he manages to kill his killer before the screen goes black, he'll spring back to life due to an "adrenaline boost".
- Some form of multiplayer will be included.
Really Rockstar? Really?
I'd also like to add, that i hope my first impressions turn out to be completely wrong and the game turns out to be even better than the first two games. But hey, first impressions are first impressions.