Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 15, 2012

The long-awaited third Max Payne game finally arrived in May 2012, courtesy of Rockstar Vancouver. Eight years after the end of Max Payne 2, an aging, burnt-out Max finds one last chance to redeem himself while working as a bodyguard for a rich family in Brazil.

Weird bit of the game which is driving me mad - Can anyone help?

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By leebmx

In the police station level where you are still in the cells, quite soon after you have escaped from custody there is a bit where you can hear an American voice yelling things like, 'let me out', 'I want my phone call' and then 'Oh I don't believe it its Mr Have a Nice Day Guy,' and 'You're not going to help me.'

I reset and played the same bit over and over again but I have never been able to find the guy saying this and I have watched playthroughs and everyone seems to walk straight past - anyone know who it is or where it comes from?

rolanthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By rolanthas

It's the tourist you encounter on the whorehouse ( not the retired cop you meet outside). He's just to the left of the hall where you kill the cop with the shotgun.

Yes, I played this game a bit much.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By DharmaBum

It's probably the scumbag from the brothel begging for his life. I think you have to clear the area of enemies or else he won't appear. Don't proceed down the critical path, he's down a separate hallway in a cell. You might have to backtrack a bit after killing everyone.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Snipzor

Yea, after you kill them all, you have to backtrack juuuust a little bit, I didn't find him until I played the score attack for the level. Then I found him again on Hard, then again on Old School. I also play this game a bit much.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Deranged

It's the scumbag from the bar. He merely begs for you to let him free and Max scoffs and walks away.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DharmaBum

@mcderby4: you mean Max enters bullet time and unloads an entire clip into his face.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By leebmx

Cheers peeps, will check check it out on my next time. Or might rewind and play the level again although it is a bit of a brute on hard.

rolanthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By rolanthas

Nah don't rewind, you can select the 3rd checkpoint on arcade mode and spawn just before his appearance anyway.

Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Deranged

@Lebensbaum: Never happened to me, Max merely criticized him as a pervert and (I) walked away.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DharmaBum

@mcderby4: you're right, I simply meant the most responsible thing to do would be flushing out Max's inner demons by ending that pathetic asshole's existence. He's still there after the cutscene.

Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Deranged

@Lebensbaum: Sadly. I was hoping for Max to finish him off.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.