Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 15, 2012

The long-awaited third Max Payne game finally arrived in May 2012, courtesy of Rockstar Vancouver. Eight years after the end of Max Payne 2, an aging, burnt-out Max finds one last chance to redeem himself while working as a bodyguard for a rich family in Brazil.

Wow...the reaction has been too negative...

• 106 results
    RedHatDrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#101  Edited By RedHatDrew

@SeriouslyNow: Haha, sorry. Had just woken up when I wrote that. Wasn't trying to scrutinize the thread, just scrutinizing the hate. It's a fun series! MP3 will probably wind up being just fine. I just agree that people shouldn't shit their pants with anger over a one-minute trailer before any hands-on previews, live demos, etc., take place. Didn't Jack Thompson do that when 4 screens of Bully were initially released? Different situation, I know; however, assumptions were still made and conclusions were jumped to, when there wasn't anything to worry about.

I think what I'm really trying to say is that I don't want anyone disbarred over this. /endrant

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By jetsetwillie

@TheHBK said:

People dont like change. But the thing is that you have Max Payne 2 to 3 as a big jump. How do you go from NY to Brazil? We played the game for the vibe, the cutscenes/comic book style story telling. And for Max. How he could blast guys away, the trouble he was dealing with as a man who lost his family.

Games with great story telling are about one of two things. Either you can relate to the guy and understand his situation. Or you play as someone you believe to be totally awesome. A fat bald guy in Brazil is not exactly someone that gets us excited. I count on the gameplay being fucking awesome. But do I want to be a bald fat guy? No, it is offputting and you can't blame for others reacting the way they do. Some do want to be a fat bald guy who is sad in a wife beater. But I felt more of a connection with a guy who was better looking and was dealing with seedy figures in NY than guys I don't care about because they are assholes in Brazil. Simple.

A good example of this is oblivion or Skyrim. We are all anticipating what character we will play. And we will play who we want to. I hate all non human races and will kill them all when I get into the game. But some want to be an Orc because it is cool to them. Thats fine. But imagine if we had to play as one of those cat type races. People would not exactly be into it because they dont care for the character they play as.

Maybe the game will tell the story of how Max came to be a fat bald guy in brazil. we just don't know yet

wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#103  Edited By wh1terav3n

The way that I look at it, even if it's not a great Max Payne game, the odds of it being a great GAME are very high with Rockstar's track record. For that fact I stay interested. All the people crying about it right now will realize 2 weeks before it comes out that it's a Rockstar game and will buy it anyway.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By MikkaQ

I think people might be overvaluing Max Payne's plot and setting. They were fine for the time, but playing those games today, the gameplay still feels pretty good but the story doesn't hold up at all. They just took elements from a lot of movies and smacked them together.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#105  Edited By fjordson

@jetsetwillie said:

@TheHBK said:

People dont like change. But the thing is that you have Max Payne 2 to 3 as a big jump. How do you go from NY to Brazil? We played the game for the vibe, the cutscenes/comic book style story telling. And for Max. How he could blast guys away, the trouble he was dealing with as a man who lost his family.

Games with great story telling are about one of two things. Either you can relate to the guy and understand his situation. Or you play as someone you believe to be totally awesome. A fat bald guy in Brazil is not exactly someone that gets us excited. I count on the gameplay being fucking awesome. But do I want to be a bald fat guy? No, it is offputting and you can't blame for others reacting the way they do. Some do want to be a fat bald guy who is sad in a wife beater. But I felt more of a connection with a guy who was better looking and was dealing with seedy figures in NY than guys I don't care about because they are assholes in Brazil. Simple.

A good example of this is oblivion or Skyrim. We are all anticipating what character we will play. And we will play who we want to. I hate all non human races and will kill them all when I get into the game. But some want to be an Orc because it is cool to them. Thats fine. But imagine if we had to play as one of those cat type races. People would not exactly be into it because they dont care for the character they play as.

Maybe the game will tell the story of how Max came to be a fat bald guy in brazil. we just don't know yet

Yeah, I'd say that's almost guaranteed. Max has apparently been in Brazil for no more than a few weeks, but he looks pretty old in the trailer, and we've seen screenshots where he looks a hell of a lot younger. Like this one.

Also, here's a tweet from Rockstar's twitter the other day:

Today’s Max Payne 3 trailer shows a small part of Max’s journey – much more info soon http://rsg.ms/pDWwKQMaxPayne3

I'll be shocked if part of the game doesn't deal with how and why Max left New York through flashbacks or something similar.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By bybeach

Can he glue hair back on his head?.. Beavis and Butthead did in one episode.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.