Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne

Character » appears in 4 games

Max Payne is the protagonist of the Max Payne series of games. After being unable to prevent the brutal murders of his wife and child, Max loses his grip on reality and dives right into the belly of the criminal underworld to serve up some vigilante justice.

Worst Character make-up after Link?

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Aurelito

I hate variation of character appearances. for example, Link, I never understood why and when he gets tall and gets short. but this one is a win. the guy completely varies in his three games. once he was a young sentimental vengeful fella, next he became a film-noir style depressed guy and now he looks like an old veteran. I doubt if anyone likes it this way.

JakeK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By JakeK

Although I think it was pushed to a friggin EXTREME I really like how the character kind of changes from game to game; makes him feel more human. That being said... I don't know how you get from Max Payne 2 to Bruce Willis.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By PureRok

I have no idea what this has to do with Link, and what there is to understand about him not getting "tall and short", but older and younger.

In Ocarina of Time he was put in a kind of stasis for about seven years, obviously making him older. With the Master Sword he is able to move back and forth through time, but he also reverts back to his younger age when he goes back. I don't get what you don't understand.

Why he's older or younger in different games is just that: they are different. Think like Final Fantasy, except instead of just Cid being a repeating character, you have Link, Zelda, Ganon(dorf), Twinkle (in later games), etc. The world of Hyrule changes, the main characters usually get a stylistic overhaul, but the main plot and the character's roles stay the same.

Actually, Ocarina of Time was the first Zelda game that had Link as a child.

scarletsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By scarletsnake

I miss Sam Lake as Max Payne.
    Tim Gibbs looked too much like a model destroying all the believability factor for me.
    And this version looks to be based partially on Gibbs as well, but as a roadside grill loving beer drinking wife beating a-hole version.
    We all know that in video games the way you design your character visually will imply certain qualities about him. So this game we wont have to care for anything I guess. Not even Maxey. We'll just drink beer and beat poor wifey. Ok, enough about whining, R* always develops their characters so I hope there will be redeeming qualities about him. 
    But what about the graphics? MP2 looks better than MP3 IMO. MP3 textures look really bad, compared to the textures from previous games which were all based on photographs (some had render to texture pre-lighted features that made them look extra realistic.) I can live with the new style, but cmon they gotta at least do some proper texture work...

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By mutha3
    @Aurelito said:
    " I hate variation of character appearances. for example, Link, I never understood why and when he gets tall and gets short. but this one is a win. the guy completely varies in his three games. once he was a young sentimental vengeful fella, next he became a film-noir style depressed guy and now he looks like an old veteran. I doubt if anyone likes it this way. "
    Link is never the same guy.
    EuroSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By EuroSamurai
    @mutha3: Yep its his incarnations.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.