Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Oct 23, 2012

A modern FPS that knits missions 'inspired by real events' into a narrative of shooting dudes in different countries.

Campaign watchable on Gamespot's Now Playing

NotSoSneakyGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NotSoSneakyGuy

Late Monday night, Gamespot's KVO played ALL of the new Medal of Honor's campaign, which you can watch right nowon Now Playing.

The video runs the typical 5-6 hour mark of modern shooters. Those interested, check it out.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ares42

Watched most of it while he was playing it last night. Really only two things to say about it. Yes, it's another one of those games, and damn that's some pretty cutscenes (although somewhat uncanny valley at times).

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Sackmanjones

Ill probably watch this now, pick it up at a cheap price. If anybody watched it could you tell me how it is?

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SomeJerk

Fun fact:
    - The "typical 5-6 hour mark of modern shooters" deal has been around since Halo, the first FPS title to gain controversy due to having a short campaign, despite The GodFucking Library.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ares42

@Sackmanjones: If you've played any modern military shooter the last few years you know how it is. Corridor shooting, slow-mo breaches, brown colors, explosions, vehicle and turret sequences, stealth missions developing into firefights and (without spoiling it) I'm fairly sure you can predict how it all ends.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By alternate

No love here for EA but that is kinda a dick move. Isn't this exactly what GB said they wouldn't do for any future Endurance Runs? Sure there are likely already similar vids on youtube but a major site putting up the entire campaign on day 1 seems a little OTT.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@alternate: Who cares. People aren't buying for campaign, you could say GB did the same with Skyrim before day 1. And I really hate everything about this game, from them using real wars that are happening now, to that developer calling it a authentic tribute to the fallen. But I think this is more a fuck you to EA for not giving them review copies.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By alternate

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@alternate: Who cares. People aren't buying for campaign, you could say GB did the same with Skyrim before day 1. And I really hate everything about this game, from them using real wars that are happening now, to that developer calling it a authentic tribute to the fallen. But I think this is more a fuck you to EA for not giving them review copies.

I would wager EA cares.

12 hours hardly scratched the surface of Skyrim and I would bet over half of the copies of MOH sold never go online. I am not saying GS are spoiling the game for anyone - if you sit down and watch 6 hours of the video you know what you are getting in to - but for a commercial site to take that content and just put it out there seems wrong. Again, I am not suggesting they can't do this, fair use has them covered, more that they probably shouldn't.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

OK that driving sequence is one of the coolest things Ive seen in a FPS campaign since the snow mobile sequence from COD MW2

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@alternate: Its actually the other way around if COD has anything is anything to go by. Most just play multiplayer and thats all. I skipped through it and saw a about a hour of game and I think I might hire it for a weekend now looked pretty cool. I have played every COD single player apart from MW3 cause I like the 6 hour Micheal Bay movie and this seems to deliver that.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By morningstar

Why would anyone watch that entire campaign? Watching parts of it as a buying advice I can understand.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By murisan

@SomeJerk said:

Fun fact: - The "typical 5-6 hour mark of modern shooters" deal has been around since Halo, the first FPS title to gain controversy due to having a short campaign, despite The GodFucking Library.

Psh.. Halo on Heroic takes ~8 hours every game. 5-6 hours seemed to really come about with CoD4.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@murisan: COD 4 veteran campaign took forever for me. I got stuck on the 2nd to last level, went to a mates place that was playing it and it seemed way easier. Turned out I had turned off auto-aim so it probably made it 10X harder than it should of been. But lets be honest do you really want a 30 hour campaign of prolonged levels or 6 hours of kick ass action. Which COD has provided since 4.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Morningstar said:

Why would anyone watch that entire campaign? Watching parts of it as a buying advice I can understand.

Many people watched all of Persona 4 that will never play it.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By murisan

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@murisan: COD 4 veteran campaign took forever for me. I got stuck on the 2nd to last level, went to a mates place that was playing it and it seemed way easier. Turned out I had turned off auto-aim so it probably made it 10X harder than it should of been. But lets be honest do you really want a 30 hour campaign of prolonged levels or 6 hours of kick ass action. Which COD has provided since 4.

I'd rather have a really fucking great 5-6 hour game, but Modern Warfare hasn't provided that since the first game IMO. The first game did it fresh with the scripted events, but by the third one it was just a spectacle shooter. MW3 was a shitshow. It was fun to play drunk with friends because we made fun of how goddamn over-the-top it's become, but that was it. There was no genuine enjoyment of the single player campaign. I'm supremely excited about Halo 4 because 343 seems to know what they're doing (they've been on record as saying "Halo fans think they just want another Halo, but they don't. They really want something evolutionary, but with enough familiarity to the series so that it hits home.") I think that's the correct approach. MW2 and MW3 were not evolutionary in any way at all. BlOps was with its CoD point system and a campaign designed to mindfuck you, but every Modern Warfare game has been incredibly similar to the previous, with the only additions being spectacle. BlOps 2 seems poised to actually shake up the franchise (which I never would've called 2 years ago. Who thought Treyarch would breathe new life into CoD???)

Anyway, I want a fresh 5-6 hour experience AT LEAST. But, for my money, every Halo has been around 8-9 hours, with enough variation in the campaign structure or background to keep the story interesting. Hell, even knowing where Reach would end, that game was a great experience for HOW it portrayed the atmosphere: bleak, hopeless, but yet you fight because you must. MW3 had the same sort of premise (you knew it was WW3, America's getting attacked, etc.) but it had no heart. It was a summer movie with some interactive shooting involved.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By alternate

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@alternate: Its actually the other way around if COD has anything is anything to go by. Most just play multiplayer and thats all. I skipped through it and saw a about a hour of game and I think I might hire it for a weekend now looked pretty cool. I have played every COD single player apart from MW3 cause I like the 6 hour Micheal Bay movie and this seems to deliver that.

If you are talking about the kind of enthusiasts who are on this forum (I hate the hardcore gamer tag) then I think most buy it for the multiplayer but like with COD I stand by my theory that over half buy it for the single player alone. A lot of those sad sacks queuing outside Walmart or whatever at midnight are there for the campaign. Numbers sold vs. numbers online suggest this to be accurate. Mind, those sad sacks are not likely streaming 5 hours of gamespot either. Either way - I think we can agree that EA will not be overjoyed.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@murisan: I agree. MW2 and Black Ops were worth playing through (mostly just cause I like the challenge of veteran achievement). But got burnt out and didn't pick up MW3, probably cause I got my fill from BF3 that year, which had all the crazy shit I was after but was a bit more grounded.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By murisan

On topic, after watching some of this stream, this game looks like a fun romp, but not worth a buy. I might change my mind if the multiplayer is seriously fresh, but I haven't seen much footage of the two-man squad thing. If it really does drive strangers to work together, I would LOVE that.

EDIT: I will say that on PC it looks pretty goddamn beautiful.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By EuanDewar
    morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By morningstar

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Morningstar said:

I would say that's very, very different. But I see your point.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@alternate said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

If you are talking about the kind of enthusiasts who are on this forum (I hate the hardcore gamer tag) then I think most buy it for the multiplayer but like with COD I stand by my theory that over half buy it for the single player alone. A lot of those sad sacks queuing outside Walmart or whatever at midnight are there for the campaign. Numbers sold vs. numbers online suggest this to be accurate. Mind, those sad sacks are not likely streaming 5 hours of gamespot either. Either way - I think we can agree that EA will not be overjoyed.

But that simply isnt true. There is a reason since COD4 they are selling over 15 millions copies per game and I tell you it aint the 6 hour campaign.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By jozzy

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Morningstar said:

I reckon most watched it more because of the Jeff and Vinny magic then to actually see the game. But think it is weird that EA gave them permission to do this, assuming they need permission to do something like this.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Morningstar said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Morningstar said:

Well there was no way I was going to buy it. But watched a few levels and kind of want to rent it now. The driving sequence looks so fucking cool. Wish you could hire games on Origin for like 48 hours.

@jozzy said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Morningstar said:

I reckon most watched it more because of the Jeff and Vinny magic then to actually see the game. But think it is weird that EA gave them permission to do this, assuming they need permission to do something like this.

EA won't turn their back on Gamespot they are too big. Plus I reckon 75% of players will maybe play the campaign for 30 minutes and buy it for multiplayer anyway.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By murisan

@jozzy said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Morningstar said:

I don't think they need permission, do they? It seems like most review sites had to buy a copy on release just like everyone else.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@murisan: The thing that made me laugh was at the end of the campaign all Kevin Van Ord said was "Mmmmm...Interesting", wonder what score that equates to.

churrific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By churrific

That Frostbite engine's looking pretty good at least. And the gun sounds are excellent again. Lol that's really all I got from it.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jozzy

@murisan said:

@jozzy said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Morningstar said:

I don't think they need permission, do they? It seems like most review sites had to buy a copy on release just like everyone else.

I find this really confusing. I recall the Giant bomb crew saying they ask for permission for QL's, and are sometimes only allowed to show a couple of minutes or only a certain portion of the game. But that might be only a pre-release thing, or just courtesy. And then there was the Microsoft thing last week, where they drew the distinction between making money on the footage or not.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By morningstar

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Morningstar said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Morningstar said:

Well there was no way I was going to buy it. But watched a few levels and kind of want to rent it now. The driving sequence looks so fucking cool. Wish you could hire games on Origin for like 48 hours.

Renting a shooter on origin would be bad business considering the length on shooters these days :p

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By murisan

@Morningstar: Rent it on Redbox. Left trigger, right trigger, repeat, watch pretty fireworks, return to Redbox.

Also, wasn't Brad going to livestream his impressions or something of this today?

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By Marz

i've only played a few hours myself, good looking game but it's like it's a Breaching simulator.... there was like 4 of them in the first mission.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By Sackmanjones

I only watched the intro but in pc the game looks beautiful and sounds awesome. I can't talk about the quality of the campaign but it sure is eye and ear candy

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Sackmanjones: All EA games lately have had fantastic sound design. Dead Space and BF3 stand out above all over games in terms of sound, even the commentary and crowd noises of FIFA is some high quality sound design.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By alternate

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@alternate said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

But that simply isnt true. There is a reason since COD4 they are selling over 15 millions copies per game and I tell you it aint the 6 hour campaign.

So you say, but I don't see any figures to back that up. True, I have been too lazy to look for hard figures to back up my view either. So a draw :)

@rebgav said:

@jozzy said:

assuming they need permission to do something like this.

Why would they? The game was out, they bought a copy and streamed the campaign just like dozens of other people. Since the game looks quite nice this is probably the best possible outcome for the publisher.

If they had streamed it as a direct feed then it might be a problem but as soon as you comment over it then they can use "fair use" rules to do what they like. It is less that it could be a legal problem and more EA deciding if they are annoyed enough to alienate a site as big as GS.

Part of me thinks someone decided they should stream the whole thing just to get back at EA for no advance copies.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.