Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Medal of Honor

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 12, 2010

Step into the boots of Tier 1 Operatives Rabbit and Deuce in this modern take on EA's long-running Medal of Honor series; the game features separately-developed single player and multiplayer modes.

Cruise Missile Killstreak

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Tennmuerti

FUCK YEAH!

That thing is insane. The range is huge and it kills everything in the blast radius.
    Got 3 of these babies yesterday, wooot :)  You need 450 points (you get 10 per kill) but other killstreaks and head shot bonuses help with that.
    I really don't see people getting them unless they are hacking or camping (there is an insane spot on the snow mountain map on the first objective as defenders)
    The first one I launched at a bunch of snipers that were on a ridge above my position and it even killed me even tho i was below them heh.

Unfortunately the cruise missile is so OP that the other 2 times it CTD's me right before hitting the ground, sad face :( 
    (still got the kills tho I think)

Anyone else get to try it out in the beta yet?

plop1920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By plop1920

Yeah, I found it a little hard to steer compared to the other guided missle you can control but I guess it was done on purpose, that thing can kill an entire team

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

So, wait is that like the hardest kill streak to get?
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RsistncE
    @JoeRiccadonna said:
    " So, wait is that like the hardest kill streak to get? "
    Yeah, I'd like to know if it is. I do really well in most games, but the problem is that I have trouble keeping my streaks going. I'd also like to see a kill streak list. Personally I'm really enjoying this game, it's a lot better than MW2, which is why all the bitching about how this game is "bad" is so ironic - those same people probably like MW2 haha.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @JoeRiccadonna said:

" So, wait is that like the hardest kill streak to get? "

@RsistncE: 

Yes the Cruise Missile is the top kill streak. It has insane blast radius and can easily wipe the entire enemy team.
    Here is a list: 

Offensive Score Streak rewards:
    Mortar strike (40)
    Rocket strike (100)
    Missle Attack (160)
    Artillery Strike (220)
    Strafing run (280)
    Air Stike (340)
    Cruise Missile (400)

Defensive Score Streak rewards (team buffs):
    Intel (40)
    Match Ammo (100)
    Flak Vests (160)
    FMJ Ammo (220)
    Jammer (280)
    Sabot Rounds (340)
    Kevlar Vests (400)

The way it works is when you get the score required you can choose what to use, either the offensive or defensive kill streak.
    You get 10 points per kill, +5 for head shot, 5 for assist, 15 for arming an objective and 30 for blowing it up on offense, 20 points for base capture, etc
    Defensive kill streaks also give some you points straight away. So you are guaranteed points.
    Offensive don't so you have to kill someone with them to get points. But you can get much more points then defensive ones if you get multi kills.
    joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By joeybagad0nutz
    @Tennmuerti:
    Kevlar Vest!?!? WTF? Does that make your whole team a lot harder to kill? It sounds cool. You ever use it?
    jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By jmrwacko

You know, I'd really enjoy trying out those killstreaks. Too bad they're IMPOSSIBLE TO GET without hacking. In these sorts of crowded, narrow maps, nobody is going to get a 40 kill streak unless their opponents are super stupid and don't know how to use smoke nades.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @JoeRiccadonna: Yes it makes your team harder to kill (not by a lot I'd say but it does help you to survive in firefights), but only for a period of time, the bonuses go away after a while, I'm not sure how long it takes, but they last for a bit.

@jmrwacko: Not impossible but you pretty much have to either play very very carefully or be lucky or camp or snipe or just be plain awesome. For example my strat on the tiny beta conquest map is to roll with a silencer and occupy the building next to middle control point with the gas tank on it, from that building you can pop out from time to time in either direction and have good firing lines as well as protecting the middle control point. Also do note that the kill streaks themselves help you get to the next one, killing enough dudes with a  mortar can get you enough to get rocket strike etc, also due to smaller map size these work better, later kill streaks like strafing runs and air strikes are guaranteed to get you kills.
    For example you get to UAV, kill a couple more dudes or capture an objective and you already have the next kill streak.
    Once you learn the ins and out of the maps and how the flow works as well as good spots it's much easier.
     I'm having a much easier time in MoH then in BFBC2, they don't seem to be that hard to get.
    Stupid opponents help out a lot :)
    Simmse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Simmse
    @jmrwacko said:
    " You know, I'd really enjoy trying out those killstreaks. Too bad they're IMPOSSIBLE TO GET without hacking. In these sorts of crowded, narrow maps, nobody is going to get a 40 kill streak unless their opponents are super stupid and don't know how to use smoke nades. "
    You don't need a 40 kill steak, you need slightly more than 20 due to the way you get points.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.