Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Medal of Honor

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 12, 2010

Step into the boots of Tier 1 Operatives Rabbit and Deuce in this modern take on EA's long-running Medal of Honor series; the game features separately-developed single player and multiplayer modes.

EA Giving Medal of Honor a Break, Delays Fuse

• 113 results
    patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By patrickklepek
    No Caption Provided

It might be a few years before we see another Medal of Honor game from Electronic Arts, and it’ll be a few months more until Insomniac Games delivers Fuse.

Both pieces of news were delivered during the publisher’s quarterly financial call this afternoon.

"The game was solid, but the focus on combat authenticity did not resonate with consumers," said EA COO Peter Moore. "Critics were polarized and gave the game scores which were, frankly, lower than it deserved. This one is behind us now. We are taking Medal of Honor out of the rotation and have a plan to bring year-over-year continuity to our shooter offerings."

We’ll likely see Medal of Honor again, but probably not as a near-future military shooter (I hope) of the last two games. Medal of Honor: Warfighter was hardly the worst shooter ever, but its obvious mediocrity, combined with a botched and heavily scrutinized PR campaign, doomed the game. Good games have enough trouble these days.

EA remains committed to having a high-profile first-person-shooter each year, though, and it's unclear what will take its place in the years ahead. Battlefield 4 has already been teased by DICE and EA, and there's the still mysterious new shooter from Respawn Entertainment waiting in the wings.

Fuse underwent a notable aesthetic shift to the realistic in the past year, which helped explain the lengthy waiting period between the game’s original announcement and when we saw it again. “Extra work,” according to EA, is being put into the game, and that means another slight delay.

Fuse is now scheduled to be released in EA’s first fiscal quarter, which means between April 1 and June 30.

patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By patrickklepek
    No Caption Provided

It might be a few years before we see another Medal of Honor game from Electronic Arts, and it’ll be a few months more until Insomniac Games delivers Fuse.

Both pieces of news were delivered during the publisher’s quarterly financial call this afternoon.

"The game was solid, but the focus on combat authenticity did not resonate with consumers," said EA COO Peter Moore. "Critics were polarized and gave the game scores which were, frankly, lower than it deserved. This one is behind us now. We are taking Medal of Honor out of the rotation and have a plan to bring year-over-year continuity to our shooter offerings."

We’ll likely see Medal of Honor again, but probably not as a near-future military shooter (I hope) of the last two games. Medal of Honor: Warfighter was hardly the worst shooter ever, but its obvious mediocrity, combined with a botched and heavily scrutinized PR campaign, doomed the game. Good games have enough trouble these days.

EA remains committed to having a high-profile first-person-shooter each year, though, and it's unclear what will take its place in the years ahead. Battlefield 4 has already been teased by DICE and EA, and there's the still mysterious new shooter from Respawn Entertainment waiting in the wings.

Fuse underwent a notable aesthetic shift to the realistic in the past year, which helped explain the lengthy waiting period between the game’s original announcement and when we saw it again. “Extra work,” according to EA, is being put into the game, and that means another slight delay.

Fuse is now scheduled to be released in EA’s first fiscal quarter, which means between April 1 and June 30.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Atwa

They blew a fuse delaying that one. 

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By vaiz

@Atwa said:

HEY-OOOOOH.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By mrfluke

@Atwa said:

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By canucks23

I don't see Fuse selling well at all, which is disappointing because i like Insomniac a lot. It just looks so plain.

patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By patrickklepek

@Atwa said:

Living proof of why having a comments section is worth it.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By NoobSauceG7

I honestly stopped caring about Fuse after it was not Overstrike.

Overbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Overbite

I know he's PR, but man thats delusional.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mrfluke

fuse looked generic as all hell, so its good its getting delayed.

as for medal of honor, good that its taking a break, a FAR future medal of honor could be interesting.

Avatar image for supersmashsnake
    SuperSmashSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SuperSmashSnake

I don't like the fact Moore was complaining about the review scores. People didn't like your game. Too bad.

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By Slaps2

EA giving MoH a break because it's shit? Didn't this already happen years ago?

Hawkerace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Hawkerace

It's been a few years since an -AAA- world war shooter hasn't it? Bring it back with some twists. YOU ARE THE NAZIS.

MisterCrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MisterCrow

I saw a clip of someone standing around in the latest MoH getting shot by a sniper over and over, regenerating health before death - it would literally go on forever. "Combat authenticity" my ass.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By pr1mus

Hopefully they use that delay to Fuse to change that atrocious boxart.

Avatar image for chaoskiller2000
    Chaoskiller2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#15  Edited By Chaoskiller2000

I applaud a company who is willing to allow a series to have a break for awhile. Now if only Activision would learn this lesson.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

Hey, maybe they'll have another focus group and merge Fuse into the MoH franchise?

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By Phatmac

I will still be the last man on earth that thinks that Fuse will be fine.

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By Slaps2

@zipperface said:

About as solid as a flaccid dick; and combat authenticity? I've seen more combat authenticity in lesbian scissoring

That was one of the most sexually frustrated set of comparison's I've ever heard.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@zipperface said:

"The game was solid, but the focus on combat authenticity did not resonate with consumers,"

About as solid as a flaccid dick; and combat authenticity? I've seen more combat authenticity in lesbian scissoring; way to spin it so you can ensure more generic shooters in the future. The OFP/ArmA games have resonated pretty damn well with consumers, and the combat is more "authentic" (as can be in a video game) than MOH. It's all about finding your audience, I guess there just wasn't an audience for "shit" Mr. Moore.

I wouldn't say ArmA is that much more authentic, and it certainly isn't without essential mods like ACE. It's more of a sim, yes, but there are plenty of things that really happen to soldiers and Marines that those games don't even touch in the slightest.

Again, it's them taking advantage of "authentic" being really vague.

Hopefully Fuse's delay doesn't say anything is wrong with the project. It could be fun in a Bulletstorm (gameplay wise) sort of way which I could really go for.

Icecreamjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Icecreamjones

Peter Moore has always been full of shit. He was just full of the shit you people wanted to hear when he was in charge of Xbox :P

Volgin13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Volgin13

They have Crysis 3 for this year. I hope Battlefield 4 isn't coming out so darn soon, EA would be served better to wait until the new hardware is out.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By szlifier
    @SirOptimusPrime said:

Hey, maybe they'll have another focus group and merge Fuse into the MoH franchise?

You think they will fuse them together?
    zipperface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By zipperface

@MordeaniisChaos said:

I wouldn't say ArmA is that much more authentic, and it certainly isn't without essential mods like ACE. It's more of a sim, yes, but there are plenty of things that really happen to soldiers and Marines that those games don't even touch in the slightest.

Oh I agree, hence the ""authentic" (as can be in a video game)" part. No game can ever be truly authentic, but for comparison's sake MoH barely tried if at all when compared to the BIS games, at least in my opinion. His comment just seems like a scapegoat and a way for them to have an excuse not to branch out into deeper or more complex games like ArmA.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

@Szlifier said:

@SirOptimusPrime said:

You think they will fuse them together?

Shut the fuck up.

<3

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#25  Edited By Draugen

Wooo! That must mean Battlefield Bad Company 3! :)

KittyVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KittyVonDoom
    We’ll likely see Medal of Honor again, but probably not as a near-future military shooter (I hope) of the last two games. Medal of Honor: Warfighter was hardly the worst shooter ever, but its obvious mediocrity, combined with a botched and heavily scrutinized PR campaign, doomed the game. Good games have enough trouble these days

'Obvious mediocrity' he wrote, with a look of absolute disdain on his face.

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By Wraxend

@Draugen said:

O_O I never though about this... as long as theres Truckasaurus-Rex I'm sold

Neon_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Neon_Knight

@Phatmac said:

I will still be the last man on earth that thinks that Fuse will be fine.

I, also think it will be great fun. May not sell well, but thats up to EA, critics and consumers.

A lot of people see the style change to less exaggerated and are ready to lump it in with MoH? Really? It will be heavily rooted in the Sci Fi shooter genre still. And it has a focus on 4 player co-op, though every shooter seems to be doing it many of them do it as an addition or afterthought. ME3 did 4 player co-op wonderfully, and that was as a distraction. Insomniac knocked the co-op in Resistance 2 out of the park and this is their chance to give it a real focus.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By ajamafalous

I really like Insomniac so I was willing to go to bat for Overstrike, but once it became Fuse I jumped ship. They'll need to resell me on the game, and from what I've seen, that probably won't happen.

Here's to hoping I'm pleasantly surprised, though.

Avatar image for vibratingdonkey
    vibratingdonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30  Edited By vibratingdonkey

The Battlefield 4 China leak was given some credibility when DICE revealed there is indeed an Air Superiority mode in End Game.

So all this is probably true.

Lasgana: BF4

Lasgana: Coming October 23rd, 2013

Lasgana: development just started, expected to be done in 1 yr [Nirolak's Note: Since this is the one likely to elicit the most "this is fake" notes, I feel I should elaborate. Given some later points (like already have an internal demo), this seems to refer to EA's normal two year development cycle of a one year pre-production cycle with ~30-40 people and then ballooning up to 150-300 people to make the game after most things are prototyped and planned out. Visceral, BioWare, and a fair number of publishers outside EA also operate this way since it allows you to have multiple projects without cyclical layoffs due to scaling down in pre-production and scaling up in production. For example, during the downtime between Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3, DICE's spare staff worked on making Medal of Honor's multiplayer and helping to build Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit. As to what the bulk of DICE's staff worked on prior to this going into production, it's probably either a second project or, once again, other EA games.]

Lasgana: will be on pc, ps3, xbox360 and next gen consoles

Lasgana: will be one of the first games for next gen consoles

Lasgana: commander system comes back

Lasgana: profile can be linked with other devices like ipad

Lasgana: auto login, need internet all time, support cloud saves

Lasgana: easier to pickup the game, to take care of players from CoD

Lasgana: support body and voice control for this commander system

Lasgana: better battlelog integration and better stats reporting

Lasgana: supports video playback and sharing

Lasgana: have gem store for dlc and other stuff like that

Lasgana: 3 factions: russia, usa and china

Lasgana: can deploy female soliders

Lasgana: frostbite 2.0 engine

Lasgana: pc, ps4 and xbox 720 supports 64 player maps

Lasgana: 360 and ps3 will be less

Lasgana: pc, ps4 and 720 will provide 60 fps

Lasgana: already have a demo video internally within EA,

Lasgana: matching the quality of BF3 already

Lasgana: bf4 will use 80% of power of frostbite 2, wheras bf3 only 30-40%

Lasgana: modern background

Lasgana: i mean story background

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31  Edited By Deusoma
    @KittyVonDoom said:
    We’ll likely see Medal of Honour again, but probably not as a near-future military shooter (I hope) of the last two games. Medal of Honour: Warfighter was hardly the worst shooter ever, but its obvious mediocrity, combined with a botched and heavily scrutinized PR campaign, doomed the game. Good games have enough trouble these days

'Obvious mediocrity' he wrote, with a look of absolute disdain on his face.

"Absolute disdain" she wrote, with a look of smug superiority on her face.

See how that feels? :P
    MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#32  Edited By MeatSim

This seems like a good thing as long as their solution isn't make a Battlefield game every year.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By audiosnow

Game development shouldn't have rotations.

PHenry1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PHenry1991

Well, considering Fuse was coming out in march, and is a New IP, and considering Bioshock Infinite, Starcraft II:Heart of the Swarm, Tomb Raider, and God of War, were all coming out in March, it was probably a good idea to delay. Make sure it doesn't get buried.

Pudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Pudge

@Draugen said:

Man, that would be the best thing. I assume that it would play about the same as Battlefield 3, but I just love the feel of those games so much, and with Halo 4 being such a clunker I could sure use a non TF2 shooter to play.

Also, bravo on delaying Fuse. I think the game looks generic as hell, but at least it now has a chance to make an impression.

Draxyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36  Edited By Draxyle

"The game was solid, but the focus on combat authenticity did not resonate with consumers,"

Their arrogance is astounding; always spining everything to make it seem like it was the consumer's fault, just like how they "Clarified the ending of ME3".

One day I'd love for them to admit that they did something wrong, just once.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By eccentrix

Don't they know yearly iterations are a bad thing?

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Elwoodan

It makes me sad that they think of their releases as a rotation, I would rather see a new game based on when you have meaningful ideas and changes for your game, not that it's on some sort of time table.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SomeJerk

It was a predictable pile of by-the-books brownshooter shit.

Go back to WW2 with it.

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By PatchMaster

Bad Company 3, please.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By FourWude

Yeah, well my Mom said MOH was fantastic and truly unique and special. A one of a kind. But jealous game critics who just don't have Moms that love them, hated on the game. And jerkface dickshits didn't buy it because they didn't appreciate how truly special it was, like my Mom said. But whatever, I'm over that now.

- peter moore.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Trilogy

Nothing is more authentic than Medal of Honor.

In all seriousness, that might have been some of the most soulless corporate spin that I've read in a while.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#43  Edited By recroulette

Oh man, I didn't realize that EA were the folks backing Fuse, now a whole lot about the direction that game took makes sense.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vitor

Maybe they've delayed Fuse to inject back some of the character and charm that it lost when it went all MMS (Modern Military Shooter) in art style.

One can only hope...

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jackel2072

Wow I'm SHOCKED!

Zephyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Zephyr

If EA is smart, and hopefully for Insomniac (those guys are awesome), they don't release Fuse anywhere near GTA 5.

BonzoPongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BonzoPongo

"scores ... lower than it deserved"

they are delusional.

moffattron9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By moffattron9000

@PHenry1991 said:

Well, considering Fuse was coming out in march, and is a New IP, and considering Bioshock Infinite, Starcraft II:Heart of the Swarm, Tomb Raider, and God of War, were all coming out in March, it was probably a good idea to delay. Make sure it doesn't get buried.

Based on that (And Gears Of War Judgement), It ain't looking good for Tomb Raider and possibly even Bioshock for selling that well. Then again with what's looking like an incredibly dry summer, maybe that's when they'll hit.

Benmo316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Benmo316

It's a shame that EA, to me, is ruining Insomniac's first multi-platform game. As of now it just looks like another generic third-person shooter. The cover art is a joke. I'm sure this game won't sell. Then you will see Insomniac go back to Sony and just make games for PlayStation again since Sony pretty much let Insomniac do whatever they wanted. Who knows, maybe Insomniac likes getting bossed around by EA.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By korwin

@PatchMaster said:

Bad Company 3, please.

As long as it has Bad Company 1 single player.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.