Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Medal of Honor

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 12, 2010

Step into the boots of Tier 1 Operatives Rabbit and Deuce in this modern take on EA's long-running Medal of Honor series; the game features separately-developed single player and multiplayer modes.

EA: Medal of Honor didn't meet quality expectations

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Evilmetal

EA's admitted Danger Close and DICE's recently released Medal of Honor reboot "didn't meet our quality expectations".

"What I can say is the game didn't meet our quality expectations. In order to be successful in that space, we're going to have to have a game that is really, really strong.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-02-ea-moh-didnt-meet-quality-expectations

Wow... are you serious? 

If you search of the BFBC2 uk forums there is a posting by, if I recall, Joe Grant of EA who says that Bad Company 2 "lacked polish". 

Wow, fire these people. They are pathetic. (or if the developers feel "the man" is holding them back, get together with others and develop something from scratch on the side and then leave).

I mean you have these people posting videos and creating hype for poop.

There was a 1hr multiplayer video of Black Ops, posted in the Black Ops forum by a person here, and what I saw/heard was striking.

The developer guy from Black Ops discussed the game during the 1hr and one thing, stood out to me. He mentioned Treyarch's work during...... PRE-PRODUCTION . Pre-fucking-production.  This is where developers do research and learn stuff before they go creating. BC2 and MOH by DICE had a lack of pre-production, let alone post-production to smooth out the game. In MOH, your sniper guy starts off with a red-dot scope... wow. You have to EARN a legitimate scope.  If you go to Walmart you can get a hunting rifle that comes with a full scope. Who is doing research at DICE?

Who is the moron at EA to allow TWO discrete products under one package? The single player has prone, while the multiplayer does not. The weapons are different between the two; it's a different game... who makes these stupid ideas?

(Not to poo poo here and say go buy Black Ops, because I won't buy Black Ops (I'm a PC user and paying 59.99 for a game is too rich for my blood).  Plus Activision is an asshole in and of itself, but that's a separate topic.)

Look at this folks. Don't tilt your head down like a fucking sheep and take. These fuckers produce shit, they have the audacity to charge $60 for it and then have internal plans to release paid-DLC instead of including it for free. As if the initial cost was not enough, there are extra fees for the 'complete' game. Pathetic.

It's so pathetic.

On the box of Medal of Honor they advertise Battlefield 3 beta. EA/DICE didn't have enough faith in their own game, they had to use another IP to support the garbage they made.

Folks, I know some of you have your parents buy the shit for you and you don't care. I am not like that; I do the buying myself with my money I earned from my work.

DICE will most likely abandon ship on these shit games and try for the next game, Battlefield 3.

(If you haven't noticed yet, this is a "EA is a piece of shit developer and publisher" thread.)

Is anybody keeping a count? 
    • BC2 lacks polish,
    • Jesus in the center of the fucking court;
    • MOH lacks quality....
    • C&C4 - the game the developers didn't want to make(the way it was released) but management forced them to
    •  59.99 can you fucking believe that... as if it grows on trees. GTFO.
    FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By FourWude

ZOMGosh they like so didn't include the Karlov Bulk stock holder, and instead decided to kit you out with a MGG barrel scope, which is like so totally noob man. Who would do such a stupid thing. Did they even want this game to sell.

Game was slightly rushed and unpolished that is all that needs to be said.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Jayross

Yeah, I came to this forum to post that. It's fucking ridiculous of EA to do this kind of shit. 

Does that mean when I buy Battlefield 3, that I might be getting a product that doesn't meet EA's quality expectations? Because if it doesn't meet theirs, no way in hell will it meet mine

What a mess EA is in...

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

No Caption Provided
    Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Djeffers03
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    "
    Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Ramone

You're angry cos a guy admitted he fucked up? Wow, what happens if they don't apologise?

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Bloodgraiv3
    @Jonny7892: 

Nothing. 
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Jayross

It just shows that EA KNOWS that the product is not good enough, yet still releases paid DLC...

GeneralTurkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By GeneralTurkle

Oh I bet you money MOH was rushed, no doubt.  But it's his decision to decide if they failed or not.  Which they did

Kelswitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Kelswitch

BC2 was fine, actually BC2 was great. I played at least 8x more BC2 than MW2. 
    The rest of this is all valid and all, but the EA (exec?) crapping on BC2 from a height can get to heck.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By ShaneDev

BC2 I really like it was great shame about the campaign but it certainly lacked a certain measure of quality for example the HUD on the helicopter didn't work but the Falcons in Halo Reach did. It also lacked a useful feature which 1943 had but I cant remember what it was I remember thinking how dumb it was they didn't add it in though I must go play it again. 

And Medal of Honor although I didn't play it, was obviously rushed out before COD to get sales which I think it did.    

deathbyyeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By deathbyyeti

" Medal of Honor is to some extent judged harsher than it should be", he then adds in the game's defence. "The game is better than today's reviews are indicating." 
    Another publisher/developer saying the game is better than the reviews. I wouldn't be surprised if they release another statement saying Jeff played the game wrong

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187

Wait...Bad Company 2 lacked polish? 

Me and that Joe whats-his-face must've played different games, because Bad Company 2 was fucking fantastic!

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By Bouke

This only proves that EA pushed Medal of Honor, to get it out before Call of Duty Black Ops is released.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Evilmetal said:
    In MOH, your sniper guy starts off with a red-dot scope... wow. You have to EARN a legitimate scope.  If you go to Walmart you can get a hunting rifle that comes with a full scope. Who is doing research at DICE? 
    I assume you only watched the QL and never actually played the game, or at least the multiplayer portion of it.
    Because this is completely false.
    Sniper class starts out with 2 different sniper rifles. You get an automatic sniper rifle which is less damaging that comes with a red dot, you also get a bolt action rifle that comes with a full sniper scope. 

Check your facts before having a rage fit.
    Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Evilmetal
    @Tennmuerti: 

"rage fit"... stop using memes.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RsistncE
    @Djeffers03 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    "
    "
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RsistncE

By the way the game still sold like gangbusters so this is all moot.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By Marz

I don't know bout you but Bad Company 2 is a great fucking game.  Idc bout the single player campaign in these games btw.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By luce
    Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Evilmetal

and it's not "rage". It's highlighting the bull shit. 

what facts? I played the "betas". Why would I highlight the 'other' rifle? I was specifically talking about the red-dot scope. You need to "work" to upgrade that scope.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Evilmetal said:
    " and it's not "rage". It's highlighting the bull shit.   what facts? I played the "betas". Why would I highlight the 'other' rifle? I was specifically talking about the red-dot scope. You need to "work" to upgrade that scope. "
    A Beta isn't a finished game.  You shouldn't judge a game when all you played was an incomplete version.
    Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Evilmetal
    @SethPhotopoulos:

Are you serious? This discussion again?
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Evilmetal said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos:  Are you serious? This discussion again? "
    Yeah.  A beta isn't enough for a reviewer to score a game.  Why should you be able to generalize a product based on an unfinished product.
    Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Evilmetal

They can name the versions anything they want: Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Pineapple, Orange... they make the software, they call it whatever they like. But is it what they say it is?

From the first 'beta', the models, animations and things of that nature, they were in fact final. How do I know? From the BC2 beta when some issue with a model was brought up and a developer said that it was 'too close to release' to change . There isn't enough time to change things. From the first MOH beta to the 2nd, right before release, the only things they were working on, I hypothesize, were numerical values and some logical statements; no models, and things like that. Basically text edits and maybe not so significant changes. 

I doubt they spent the whole time tweaking the main game(multi). There are other parts too. The update mechanism, the DLCs; the structural aspects of the product (server/client); all of these must work together, they must be tested, without flaws (or few and/or hidden if no other way). However MOH multi is a BC2 mod, so core things 'worked' from the start. But still...

Look at the latest BC2 patch. It comes in at 900MB for what? content? models, vehicles, new maps, new weapons? what? the change list shows things that can be edited from within a text file.

If you then recall Kalms talking about how crappy the frostbite engine is, where he tells us the Frostbite recipe of how things must be 'baked' or 'cooked' or whatever he said (an analogy to not get all technical), you will see that making changes is pain and agony with the engine.  To troubleshoot and solve errors associated with the tweaks needed time. They didn't create, it seems, a clean system that can be modified easy. Unless of course they are lying as an excuse to not have to release tools and or updates.

Where is a PC user who bought MOH and played the "Betas" ??   Was the multiplayer of the final version the same as the "Open BETA" ? How does the final retail version compare with the "Closed BETA" ?

I bet they are all essentially the same. If they included a map in the Open Beta from the first Closed Beta, one would be able to identify what, if any, changes were made.

This is how people should analyze all software put up for sale, to determine quality of workmanship and to see if you are in fact getting what you pay for; something good, something of value.  I know there are people who are content with crap and they will post "OMFG this is awesome", but when they finally come to respect the money.... then we'll see.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Evilmetal said:

" and it's not "rage". It's highlighting the bull shit.   what facts? I played the "betas". Why would I highlight the 'other' rifle? I was specifically talking about the red-dot scope. You need to "work" to upgrade that scope. "

What bullshit?
    You don't need to work at all for the scope, you get the scope right off the bat on your bolt action rifle, no need to level up. You get both rifles at the start. Oh and bolt action is much more usefull for sniping since it's a one hit kill except at very long distances, where as semi auto rifle isn't.
    The semi automatic rifle is more usefull as a medium range weapon in MoH and in fact the red dot scope on it is very usefull. If you played the game for any significant amount of time you would know this.
    andymp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By andymp

BC2 was an awesome game, I played the heck out of it online and I'm playing a fair bit of MOH as well. So obviously my judgement of what makes a good game differs from EA. Or is EA judging games solely on numbers of sales ? EA isn't used to being number 2 in terms of sales and they clearly are pursuing the Modern Warfare market aggressively. They obviously feel that if their game doesn't match up to MW in terms of sales, it's a failure. I think otherwise.... 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.