Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Medal of Honor

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 12, 2010

Step into the boots of Tier 1 Operatives Rabbit and Deuce in this modern take on EA's long-running Medal of Honor series; the game features separately-developed single player and multiplayer modes.

Free Medal Of Honor DLC Hitting This November

BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BradNicholson
    Medal of Honor's first dose of post-release multiplayer content has been announced. A new competitive mode called Clean Sweep, two brand new maps, and two redesigned maps for Clean Sweep are all hitting in a single pack this November 2 on PSN and Xbox Live. The price is free for those with an active Online Pass, which is sorta required to play the game online anyway, so get your download finger ready. 

But, wait, what's Clean Sweep? In a press release, EA describes it as an elimination mode "where players must rely on their own skill and teammates’ expertise to prevail as the winning team."  What EA is actually trying to say is that Clean Sweep is a timed "Last Team Standing" deathmatch mode. The goal is to kill the opposing team in four minutes or less. The catch is that there are no respawns.

No Caption Provided

The two new levels, by the way, are Bagram Hangar and Khyber Caves. The two maps getting the redesign treatment are Diwagi Camp and Kabul City Ruins.

If you're thinking about grabbing Medal of Honor, you may want to check out our review first. The campaign has some problems and the game's multiplayer isn't without flaw either. But for those of you who already own the title, will this DLC keep you playing? Or have you moved on?
    BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BradNicholson
    Medal of Honor's first dose of post-release multiplayer content has been announced. A new competitive mode called Clean Sweep, two brand new maps, and two redesigned maps for Clean Sweep are all hitting in a single pack this November 2 on PSN and Xbox Live. The price is free for those with an active Online Pass, which is sorta required to play the game online anyway, so get your download finger ready. 

But, wait, what's Clean Sweep? In a press release, EA describes it as an elimination mode "where players must rely on their own skill and teammates’ expertise to prevail as the winning team."  What EA is actually trying to say is that Clean Sweep is a timed "Last Team Standing" deathmatch mode. The goal is to kill the opposing team in four minutes or less. The catch is that there are no respawns.

No Caption Provided

The two new levels, by the way, are Bagram Hangar and Khyber Caves. The two maps getting the redesign treatment are Diwagi Camp and Kabul City Ruins.

If you're thinking about grabbing Medal of Honor, you may want to check out our review first. The campaign has some problems and the game's multiplayer isn't without flaw either. But for those of you who already own the title, will this DLC keep you playing? Or have you moved on?
    ZombieJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ZombieJesus

Cool

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kishan6
    @ZombieJesus said:
    " Cool "
    story
    Evil_Alaska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Evil_Alaska

Free DLC won't save the mulit-player for me. Already getting rid of it today for New Vegas. Most disappointing game for me since Mirror's Edge.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nail1080
    @kishan6 said:
    " @ZombieJesus said:
    " Cool "
    story "
    brah
    vasylkoB317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By vasylkoB317

I still think its sad that this game thinks it has a chance

pnut815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pnut815

I am so regretting buying this game. I will keep it just for bf3 beta.

XenoZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By XenoZak

No, doesnt interest me. Shit game, i cant get over the Battlefield Trademark RubberBand movement and lag. fucking unbelievable. Unplayable.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By PhatSeeJay

PC?

Avatar image for computerplayer1
    Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By Computerplayer1

Soooo a desperate last attempt at drawing some COD players over before Black Ops is released, then?

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Mystyr_E
    @pnut815:  why didn't you just rent it whenever they run the beta?
    nemt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nemt

Trying to take on CoD - they can't even take on Bad Company.
    Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I quite enjoyed the more personal story of the SP and it's fun to dick around in the multiplayer whenever I feel like it. It pales in comparison to its competitors, the amount of camping is especially ridiculous and the unlocks for the classes are mostly shite after lvl 10. Still, it does appeal to me in a certain way, although not for much longer.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Donos

I was wondering if the DLC would be meaty enough to keep me playing... apparently the answer is no. Back to BC2 I go.

gunharp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By gunharp
    @BradNicholson said:

Well I don't think it is a game you should avoid. Jeff doesn't dig the game, and I get that. He proved that in the QL and review. Multiplayer is not as flawed as people make it out be in my opinion, its about as flawed as any other FPS. For example I found that some of spawning areas are garbage and the MP7 needs a reduction in accuracy, as it currently shoots as straight as an arrow.

Bitmob recently nailed what I think about this game with these two pieces.

1. Medal of Honor: The insanity of Review scores by Dennis Scimeca.

2. Medal of Honor Multiplayer: Mediocre Shooter or Ingenious Masterpiece? by Omar Yusuf    

@vasylkoB317

said:

" I still think its sad that this game thinks it has a chance "

This game does have a chance:

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/10/19/ea-celebrates-1-5-million-sales-of-medal-of-honor-with-free-dlc.aspx

@Computerplayer1

said:

" Soooo a desperate last attempt at drawing some COD players over before Black Ops is released, then? "

Doesn't sound desperate at all to me. I like the mode they are offering, sounds like game play reminiscent of CounterStrike or Ravenshield.    

@PhatSeeJay

said:

" PC? "

Yeah I wonder about that as well. Still no Battlefield 1943 or Onslaught mode in BF:BC2 from Dice for PC. Someone needs to ask EA or Dice about it.
    k4el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By k4el
    @Gunharp said:
    " @BradNicholson said:

Well I don't think it is a game you should avoid. Jeff doesn't dig the game, and I get that. He proved that in the QL and review. Multiplayer is not as flawed as people make it out be in my opinion, its about as flawed as any other FPS. For example I found that some of spawning areas are garbage and the MP7 needs a reduction in accuracy, as it currently shoots as straight as an arrow.

Bitmob recently nailed what I think about this game with these two pieces.

1. Medal of Honor: The insanity of Review scores by Dennis Scimeca.

2. Medal of Honor Multiplayer: Mediocre Shooter or Ingenious Masterpiece? by Omar Yusuf    

@vasylkoB317

said:

" I still think its sad that this game thinks it has a chance "

This game does have a chance:

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/10/19/ea-celebrates-1-5-million-sales-of-medal-of-honor-with-free-dlc.aspx

@Computerplayer1

said:

" Soooo a desperate last attempt at drawing some COD players over before Black Ops is released, then? "

Doesn't sound desperate at all to me. I like the mode they are offering, sounds like game play reminiscent of CounterStrike or Ravenshield.    

@PhatSeeJay

said:

" PC? "

Yeah I wonder about that as well. Still no Battlefield 1943 or Onslaught mode in BF:BC2 from Dice for PC. Someone needs to ask EA or Dice about it. "
    Fanboi, Jeff was dismissive therefor it's bad. Duh.
    coonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By coonce
    @pnut815 said:
    " I am so regretting buying this game. I will keep it just for bf3 beta. "
    really? is it that bad? i was watching jeff play it over his shoulder and it didn't look that bad. but his review was unfavorable. good to know b/c i was thinking of getting it at some point.
    2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

soooo ... why exactly not for the PC? ... What did we do this time?

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Baillie

Oh, you actually are allowed to play online without an online pass, btw. You just don't get all the snazzy features. ALL THOSE... features?

jm1063

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jm1063

This game NEEDS Free-For-All!  Are they kidding me?  What's up with the weapons too!? 

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Spoonman671
    @coonce said:
    " @pnut815 said:
    " I am so regretting buying this game. I will keep it just for bf3 beta. "
    really? is it that bad? i was watching jeff play it over his shoulder and it didn't look that bad. but his review was unfavorable. good to know b/c i was thinking of getting it at some point. "
    I don't know why people are so eager to hate on this game.  It has plenty of problems, but I would still say it's a very good game.
    Dionysus68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dionysus68

The Game is only out and people are talking of moving on.  I see no problem with the game and i welcome the DLC on PC if they release it for PC.  Sorry to 360 and ps3 owners but those platfoms are just shit for FPS games, those platforms are better off with they're move and kinect stuff. 
    Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zatoichi_Sanjuro
    @Spoonman671 said:
    I don't know why people are so eager to hate on this game.  It has plenty of problems, but I would still say it's a very good game. "
    Probably because they've played it and they don't like it. Why are you so eager to dismiss other people's opinions just because they don't conform to your own?
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Spoonman671
    @Zatoichi_Sanjuro said:
    " @Spoonman671 said:
    I don't know why people are so eager to hate on this game.  It has plenty of problems, but I would still say it's a very good game. "
    Probably because they've played it and they don't like it. Why are you so eager to dismiss other people's opinions just because they don't conform to your own? "
    Because when people have such a lack of perspective as to call a game like Medal of Honor a disaster, then they deserve to have their opinions dismissed.  Superman 64 was a disaster, Lair was a disaster, Daikatana was a disaster, but Medal of Honor is a decent game that has some problems and failed to live up to some people's expectations, as well as EA's PR hype.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By 137

this game has officially broken a video game record for fastest TRADE IN ever.

Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Zatoichi_Sanjuro
    @Spoonman671 said:
    " Because when people have such a lack of perspective as to call a game like Medal of Honor a disaster, then they deserve to have their opinions dismissed.  Superman 64 was a disaster, Lair was a disaster, Daikatana was a disaster, but Medal of Honor is a decent game that has some problems and failed to live up to some people's expectations, as well as EA's PR hype. "
    There's a big difference between a "very good game" and a "decent game". Regardless, the people you quoted didn't call it a disaster. They don't like the game. And I have yet to see a criticism of the game that wasn't valid.
    maladjusted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By maladjusted
    @Gunharp:  I'm with you. 

I feel that the game is being critiqued for trying to mimic other games in the same genre, whilst also receiving negative remarks for not doing things which are done in games in this genre. I think the game is good, it's not mind-blowing- but I enjoy the realistic scenario and the overall story of the single-player as well as some parts of the multiplayer. I think anyone who has even a passing interest in present-day first person shooters should check the game out!
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28  Edited By Seppli

Bought it. Playing it. Not trading it in.

Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
    deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I still, for some reason, could go for playing through that games single player. I just won't buy it now. Because of the reviews.
    pnut815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By pnut815
    @Mystyr_E:  I had a friend who was really wanted to play this game. so i bought it. I am playing it now. actually. Its not bad but is not COD good though. But I just can't stop playing it.....
    EnterTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By EnterTheHero

November 2nd huh? Yeah I probably won't care then. I do hope that the developers try again since I enjoyed the story.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.