Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Medal of Honor

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 12, 2010

Step into the boots of Tier 1 Operatives Rabbit and Deuce in this modern take on EA's long-running Medal of Honor series; the game features separately-developed single player and multiplayer modes.

Good job EA! you've wrecked MoH!

lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By lavaman77

Just because you wanted to get this out before Black Ops you've wrecked the game right into the ground and showed us all how terrible you're at quality control.
     When i hopped into the campaign all i repeated was " What the fuck? are you kidding me? please tell me this is a joke."  here want me to list the problems?

• The worst pop in's and muddy textures you'll ever see in your life.
    • Framerate drop, hate them? well MoH redefined it in this game by having you spend more time waiting for the game to keep up with the action than playing.
    • Horrible,horrible..AI. it's the worst AI this generation, you can stand in the middle of the battlefield and you won't be able to tell your enemies from your friends since they both avoid shooting you and do nothing at all when you get close to them. hell i had one pass right behind me and sit right next to me in cover.
    Oh and the best part? i haven't touched the multiplayer yet so im excited to see how they'll wreck it since the beta was pretty smooth for me.

I hate you EA. i definitely hate you after ruining this great game by rushing it instead of giving it 5-6 months of development so the developers can polish it.  

For the record the campaign IS good, fuck. the sounds in this game are mind blowingly realistic. easily the best gun sounds i've heard this entire generation. this is a good game WRECKED by EA's greed, they wanted to jump the gun and release this game instead of letting Danger Close polish it for a couple of months.

But NOOOO! we have to get the game out because no one will buy this game for 5 years when BO comes out!  what a group of morons.....
    Oh and to all the people saying that UE3 is a great engine on PS3? this a good example of a new developer getting pounded to the ground by the publisher to reach the deadline and having the engine do more damage than good. if they went with Frostbite we wouldn't have this mess of a game. save your money and wait till this game is 10$ bucks.

Fuck you EA. 
    lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By lavaman77

Just because you wanted to get this out before Black Ops you've wrecked the game right into the ground and showed us all how terrible you're at quality control.
     When i hopped into the campaign all i repeated was " What the fuck? are you kidding me? please tell me this is a joke."  here want me to list the problems?

• The worst pop in's and muddy textures you'll ever see in your life.
    • Framerate drop, hate them? well MoH redefined it in this game by having you spend more time waiting for the game to keep up with the action than playing.
    • Horrible,horrible..AI. it's the worst AI this generation, you can stand in the middle of the battlefield and you won't be able to tell your enemies from your friends since they both avoid shooting you and do nothing at all when you get close to them. hell i had one pass right behind me and sit right next to me in cover.
    Oh and the best part? i haven't touched the multiplayer yet so im excited to see how they'll wreck it since the beta was pretty smooth for me.

I hate you EA. i definitely hate you after ruining this great game by rushing it instead of giving it 5-6 months of development so the developers can polish it.  

For the record the campaign IS good, fuck. the sounds in this game are mind blowingly realistic. easily the best gun sounds i've heard this entire generation. this is a good game WRECKED by EA's greed, they wanted to jump the gun and release this game instead of letting Danger Close polish it for a couple of months.

But NOOOO! we have to get the game out because no one will buy this game for 5 years when BO comes out!  what a group of morons.....
    Oh and to all the people saying that UE3 is a great engine on PS3? this a good example of a new developer getting pounded to the ground by the publisher to reach the deadline and having the engine do more damage than good. if they went with Frostbite we wouldn't have this mess of a game. save your money and wait till this game is 10$ bucks.

Fuck you EA. 
    GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By GoofyGoober

To be honest, the MOH series wasn't doing to good after the first few games anyway... And I am pretty sure the worst pop in goes to Mercenaries 2 on the PS2.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Jack268

No Caption Provided
    You really should calm down before posting
    warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By warxsnake

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 

dont buy the game

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ryanwho

MoH wasn't in stellar shape before this.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By BraveToaster
    @Jack268 said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    You really should calm down before posting "

No Caption Provided
    joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

I thought the AI were good cept for one moment at the airfield but at least they killed people. Fckin Halo Reach AI spartans did shit cept for armor locking a lot.
    lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lavaman77
    @Axxol said:
    " @Jack268 said:
    "
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    "

No Caption Provided
    lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lavaman77
    @ryanwho said:
    " MoH wasn't in stellar shape before this. "
    I always found them to be more appealing than the CoD games. WWII era.
    lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lavaman77
    @OtakuGamer said:
    " You rant about the campaign, then you say the campaigns good?  "
    It lacks MASSIVE polish, that's the problem. it's not even pre-alpha quality FFS.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @lavaman77:  i agree 

the first three games were awesome. and Airborne was supposed to be the last game with lame AI (its a 2007 game so i guess i just tolerated it) but such AI in a 2010 game is a fucking joke
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#14  Edited By LordAndrew

The campaign? EA doesn't think you care about the campaign. Play the multiplayer instead.

lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lavaman77
    @LordAndrew said:
    " The campaign? EA doesn't think you care about the campaign. Play the multiplayer instead. "
    I did. i had trouble staying awake... im sorry were you talking? i just got 10+ XP ya--- *Gets killed by one shot*.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DystopiaX

FUCK THEY RUINED A FRANCHISE THAT HAS BEEN DEAD FOR YEARS! I GOTTA POST ABOUT IT BECAUSE THE OLD GAMES WERE SO DAMN GOOD!!!!

lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lavaman77
    @DystopiaX said:
    " FUCK THEY RUINED A FRANCHISE THAT HAS BEEN DEAD FOR YEARS! I GOTTA POST ABOUT IT BECAUSE THE OLD GAMES WERE SO DAMN GOOD!!!! "
    They were. dumbass.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DystopiaX
    @lavaman77 said:

" @DystopiaX said:

" FUCK THEY RUINED A FRANCHISE THAT HAS BEEN DEAD FOR YEARS! I GOTTA POST ABOUT IT BECAUSE THE OLD GAMES WERE SO DAMN GOOD!!!! "
    They were. dumbass. "
    Not saying they weren't, but that has no reflection on this game. For all intents and purposes, they're not even similar. EA was just trying to trade on the MOH name and by the looks of it, they succeeded. My point is, yes this game sucks, but in no way did it "ruin" the older games. The older games did not change in any way, so what the fuck does this one have to do with the other ones?
    karatetron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By karatetron
    @lavaman77 said:
    " @Axxol said:
    " @Jack268 said:
    "
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    "

No Caption Provided
    "

Grimace can confirm that he is, in fact, mad.
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By pweidman

Just finished the campaign and yeah, it's a sloppy mess.  There's some good stuff here and good intentions I think, but it constantly gets overshadowed by crap design decisions, and wierd glitchy shit.  I can't believe it was that sloppy.  Just wow.  I doubted the early haters and I even thought Jeff maybe obcessed on the heavy scripting, but he was right on...you could make a long laundry list of stupid decisions, and a myriad of other probs.  There's no way this game got a proper QA.  Oh well, time to move on.
    Shadow71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#21  Edited By Shadow71

It's really not that bad, this definitely sounds like a standard overreaction.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Deep breaths lavaman, deep breaths.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By jmrwacko
    @lavaman77 said:
    " @OtakuGamer said:
    " You rant about the campaign, then you say the campaigns good?  "
    It lacks MASSIVE polish, that's the problem. it's not even pre-alpha quality FFS. "
    I actually didn't have any bugs in my campaign. Guess I got lucky. Multiplayer sucks ass though.
    reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By reign

I don't know if my feelings are as strong as yours, but I do agree that the game had no business releasing so soon.  

I think the two major points of emphasis are these: 

• The campaign, no matter how good, seems to be way to short (especially since that was all EA LA [Danger Close] was responsible for the whole time)
    • The multiplayer couldn't identify itself in a mirror.

I played the MP beta while it was going this summer, and it felt just like it did at E3- a baby version of Bad Company 2, with none of the benefits of Modern Warfare (that it's obviously going for) 

The really bad thing about this game is that it will probably sell fairly well thanks to the marketing, which means that there will probably be more iterations to this franchise in the future. While not necessarily a terrible thing (who knows, the second one could turn out successfully if it has a long enough dev cycle), if they keep using DICE for multiplayer, that means they are divided up between that and the Battlefield franchise, which could be a bummer. 

That said, I'm glad the game exists- because if it didn't, I wouldn't have won a pair of custom Medal of Honor Oakley glasses at E3 that I may never wear, lol.  

Oh well, at least I won them by beating Geoff Keighley, which is a fun story. Also, yes, that guy is sort of a douche in person as you might expect.
    MisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MisterChief

This franchise was already dead.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By Jayross

The thing is, EA has a lot of other shooters, so they can afford to not have everyone be perfect, or even, good.  

They have Dead Space 2 in early 2011, that looks pretty good. Also, Crysis 2 is coming out, which also looks pretty good. 

Then, they have Battlefield 3 coming out. So in terms of shooters, EA is looking pretty good. Too bad Medal of Honor wasn't amazing, as that would make people trust the EA name more.

Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#27  Edited By Lev

Uhmmmm.... Can we please be clear on this before all the EA bashing commences:

Now while they did in fact publish it, EA did *not* develop this MoH; it was *developed* by DICE (and to a lesser extent Danger Close)

So blame those Swedish meatballs, but not *the other* meatballs from the other Swedish game studio. :D

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ShockD

MoH was wrecked ever since Airborne came out.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RsistncE

I'm starting to think that these issues are isolated to the console...I just finished the "Gunfighters" mission and haven't had ANY problems. In fact this is some of the best SP I've played in a military FPS (not to mention authentic) since the heyday of Call of Duty.

reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By reign
    @Lev said:

" Uhmmmm.... Can we please be clear on this before all the EA bashing commences:  Now while they did in fact publish it, EA did *not* develop this MoH; it was *developed* by DICE (and to a lesser extent Danger Close) So blame those Swedish meatballs, but not *the other* meatballs from the other Swedish game studio. :D "  

Nope, your logic is totally wrong. 

DICE makes quality products, but like all developers they need time. 

EA forced them to make this game in a period of something like 8 months. That was a decision by the publisher, not DICE.  

The fault is on EA for rushing this game to get it out before Black Ops instead of letting it have appropriate development time.
    rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By rawrz

Medal Of Honor sucking is no surprise since the series hasnt been any good since Frontline anyways.

Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#32  Edited By Lev
    @REIGN: I'm not going to argue with you on that DICE typically makes sound games (as they typically do), but the fact remains DICE made this MoH. Now you can play the blame-game all you want and displace responsibility onto anyone you like (publisher, marketing, janitors who didn't clean the crapper properly so the devs couldn't concentrate, etc) all you like, but it doesn't change the fact that DICE made the game.

I'm not going to argue with you that publishers often rush games to unrealistic time frames, because that is a reality of the industry, but it was *not* created in a mere 8 month period. Video games on consoles like 360 and PS3 typically always spend at least 2-3 years in development (sometimes much more for big titles). Now, granted the amount of time the public may be aware that such a game is in development may be considerably less, studios are constantly working on games years before they are announced to the public. I can say that with absolute certainty. 

Most of (if not all of) the complaints people have voiced in this thread pertain to poor textures, weak colors, shoddy design decisions - things which are all apart of the development cycle - not the publication cycle. But again, feel free to blame anyone or everyone you want if it makes you feel any better.

So you can cut this anyway you want, but at the end of the day DICE made (most of) the game - EA published it.

All I am saying is I think it's quite misinformed and petty to go off on the big bad known names as we always do, when there involvement in the production was minimal.
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#33  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I like how you think that this is the game that ruined the Medal Of Honour franchise.

reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By reign
    @Lev said:
    " @REIGN: I'm not going to argue with you on that DICE typically makes sound games (as they typically do), but the fact remains DICE made this MoH. Now you can play the blame-game all you want and displace responsibility onto anyone you like (publisher, marketing, janitors who didn't clean the crapper properly so the devs couldn't concentrate, etc) all you like, but it doesn't change the fact that DICE made the game.  I'm not going to argue with you that publishers often rush games to unrealistic time frames, because that is a reality of the industry, but it was *not* created in a mere 8 month period. Video games on consoles like 360 and PS3 typically always spend at least 2-3 years in development (sometimes much more for big titles). Now, granted the amount of time the public may be aware that such a game is in development may be considerably less, studios are constantly working on games years before they are announced to the public. I can say that with absolute certainty.   Most of (if not all of) the complaints people have voiced in this thread pertain to poor textures, weak colors, shoddy design decisions - things which are all apart of the development cycle - not the publication cycle. But again, feel free to blame anyone or everyone you want if it makes you feel any better. So you can cut this anyway you want, but at the end of the day DICE made (most of) the game - EA published it.  All I am saying is I think it's quite misinformed and petty to go off on the big bad known names as we always do, when there involvement in the production was minimal. "
    Not going to argue with you any more due to the fact that you don't understand the simplest of things.
    emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By emkeighcameron
    @TrippinBungalow said:
    " @lavaman77 said:
    " @Axxol said:
    " @Jack268 said:
    "
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    "

No Caption Provided
    "

"

No Caption Provided
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36  Edited By mfpantst

ohmygodthisgamesucks?  wut?  Oh wait, yeah.  Saw that comin.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DonPixel

I think you should be mad at DICE they were the ones that actually made the game thou...

LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38  Edited By LaszloKovacs

I'm pretty sure EA wrecked MoH a long time ago.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Arker101

MoH wasn't really stelar in the first place, this didn't really come as a shocker to me, at least. 
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#40  Edited By 234r2we232
    @REIGN:  DICE make buggy, but fun things. Calling the BC2 mp "quality" would be a huge overstatement.
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DonPixel

I´m actually enjoying MPa lot.. I guess DICE MP phase suits me well no mater what.. Ive playéd all battlefield games since 1942 but bbc2,

I dont know why people get so emotional most of this choices comes down to personal taste.. its not like evil EA is eating live puppys

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#42  Edited By Bouke
    @Lev said:
    " @REIGN: I'm not going to argue with you on that DICE typically makes sound games (as they typically do), but the fact remains DICE made this MoH. Now you can play the blame-game all you want and displace responsibility onto anyone you like (publisher, marketing, janitors who didn't clean the crapper properly so the devs couldn't concentrate, etc) all you like, but it doesn't change the fact that DICE made the game.  I'm not going to argue with you that publishers often rush games to unrealistic time frames, because that is a reality of the industry, but it was *not* created in a mere 8 month period. Video games on consoles like 360 and PS3 typically always spend at least 2-3 years in development (sometimes much more for big titles). Now, granted the amount of time the public may be aware that such a game is in development may be considerably less, studios are constantly working on games years before they are announced to the public. I can say that with absolute certainty.   Most of (if not all of) the complaints people have voiced in this thread pertain to poor textures, weak colors, shoddy design decisions - things which are all apart of the development cycle - not the publication cycle. But again, feel free to blame anyone or everyone you want if it makes you feel any better. So you can cut this anyway you want, but at the end of the day DICE made (most of) the game - EA published it.  All I am saying is I think it's quite misinformed and petty to go off on the big bad known names as we always do, when there involvement in the production was minimal. "

Actually all the complaints about the scripting, graphics, AI apply to the singleplayer portion of Medal of Honor. The singleplayer was developed by Danger Close formerly known as EA: Los Angeles and not by Dice. Dice only handled the multiplayer in Medal of Honor and did not "make the game".  

Both teams could've used more time to polish both the single and multiplayer, but i'm also pretty convinced EA wanted the game to come out before Call of Duty: Black Ops is released.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.