Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Medal of Honor

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 12, 2010

Step into the boots of Tier 1 Operatives Rabbit and Deuce in this modern take on EA's long-running Medal of Honor series; the game features separately-developed single player and multiplayer modes.

MOH sequel in the works

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Vinny_Says

With 5 million copies sold, I'm not really surprised:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-7613-Medal-of-Honor-Sequel-in-the-Works-at-Danger-Close.html

So what's your take on this. As someone who has yet to play this, I'm not sure what to expect from a sequel.

• What will it be called?
    • Where will it take place?
    • Will DC actually do the multiplayer this time (DICE is busy as of late)
    • Will it just continue the story of Tier 1? (I haven't a clue how it ends)
    • What does Jeff have to say about this?
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Most likely continuing where the game ended in MOH. Not sure where they were but it was in a middle eastern city at least.
    Hopefully they'll take it to tell a bit of more story in urban area without extreme combat all the time.

Think it's good they get another chance at the MOH franchise. The campaign was ok but short and not diverse enough in the scenarios and events.
    I would be surprised if they didn't continue the Tier 1 story.. Probably recruiting the US soldier you played as when trying to rescue.. Rabbit was his name?

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By EpicSteve

I'm glad for a sequel. MOH had some great moments, just the overall game was kinda "meh". 

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#4  Edited By BeachThunder

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Again.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Jimbo

I didn't know it had sold that well.  I enjoyed the campaign quite a bit -more so than Black Ops at least- so it's cool they're making another one.

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By sameeeeam

It really sold that well? I'm surprised.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By X19

No Caption Provided
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Spoonman671
    @PhatSeeJay said:
    " Most likely continuing where the game ended in MOH. Not sure where they were but it was in a middle eastern city at least. Hopefully they'll take it to tell a bit of more story in urban area without extreme combat all the time.  Think it's good they get another chance at the MOH franchise. The campaign was ok but short and not diverse enough in the scenarios and events. I would be surprised if they didn't continue the Tier 1 story.. Probably recruiting the US soldier you played as when trying to rescue.. Rabbit was his name? "
    @EpicSteve said:
    " I'm glad for a sequel. MOH had some great moments, just the overall game was kinda "meh".  "
    I'm in agreement.  Hopefully the sales of the most recent game will provide EA with a little more confidence in the Medal of Honor franchise, and encourage them to put more resources behind the next entry in the series in order to make up for the shortcomings of the reboot.

Let's just pray that they keep it somewhat grounded and don't allow it to go into the outlandish territory that you experience with Call of Duty.  It was really cool to play through the Breaking Bagram level, only to turn on Geraldo later that night and see him reporting from Bagram Airfield.
    MrWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By MrWright

As long as they make the campaign longer and make more maps for the combat mission multiplayer mode then color me pleased.
    I liked the simple military objectives in the campaign like take and hold the mountain, it made me get more into the role of a soldier rather than part of an action film like COD has become.
    Combat Mission was a great multiplayer mode, like rush from BC2 but infantry only for the most part, and everything seemed to be real world based.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Daveyo520

Why not? Maybe they could fix the things that were iffy about the latest one. I should pick it up, I think I would enjoy it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5de441812a230
    deactivated-5de441812a230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

METAL OF HONOR< DARK OPERATIONS> 

BTW: Metal of Honor is totally my band's name. 

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By DystopiaX

For the DICE question, my guess is it depends on when they want this game out. With them pulling everyone onto BF3, I could see them having people work on it if it comes out sometime (6ish months) after BF3's holiday release date. Since you won't need so many people after a certain stage of development (since all you're doing is fine tuning or whatever) I expect some of DICE would go on to work on other things, maybe including this game.

Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
    NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NoCookiesForYou

Remember the time when MOH was actually good? Oh Allied Assault how i miss thee.

Heavystormdk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Heavystormdk
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    • What will it be called?
    • Where will it take place?
    • Will DC actually do the multiplayer this time (DICE is busy as of late)
    • Will it just continue the story of Tier 1? (I haven't a clue how it ends)
    • What does Jeff have to say about this?
    I think they will go for the original take to naming the game, like "Medal of Honor 2"... And I hope it will start where this one ended, in the streets. As if for DICE having the time to do the multiplayer, that depends on other projects and how well Danger Close actually did looking at numbers...  
    Yeah what would Jeff actually say?! 
    joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

Please just use one engine and don't use frostbite. I enjoyed the other engine (Forgot what it was called).
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ryanwho

Something something black ops in Vietnam.

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

I liked MOH's campaign a lot. Would say I'm looking forward to this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

When the modern combat fps genre fails it is going to be glorious. 

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Meltac

That's good news, since they can further improve the game, but I hope DICE won't be doing the multiplayer this time, and as another one mentioned, they should stick with one engine. 

Ocean_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Ocean_H
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NTM

I kind of want to go through the game, and it has some interesting things from the get go (like its take on leaning), but I just couldn't get through it. I only played through the first stage and was done. So I have no idea how I feel about a sequel.

Edit - I take it back, I just beat it about an hour ago. Short game, but it was alright. It was awkward, because I felt more for the situation and the characters as soldiers, rather than the characters themselves. The game has some bad stuff in it and in the end a lot of what was there kind of felt insignificant, but I kind of liked it and hope the sequel fixes everything that wasn't great about the first. I would give it a 7.1, or a 3 1/2 stars out of five.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good, I enjoyed MoH's campaign thoroughly. A more realistic take on Spec Ops dudes' missions was quite fun, I hope it is more of that.

Hell, if it was a WW2 "spec ops" campaign where you played in an elite paratrooper squad, that would be awesome. I've been craving a new good WW2 shooter than isn't a CoD-style game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.