Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Medal of Honor

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 12, 2010

Step into the boots of Tier 1 Operatives Rabbit and Deuce in this modern take on EA's long-running Medal of Honor series; the game features separately-developed single player and multiplayer modes.

What would you improve on for Medal of Honor 2?

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By skyline7284

So i'm just curious of what everyone thinks the guys at Danger Close and DICE should work on for the second installment of this rebooted franchise?   

My suggestions: 

• Make the game more unique.  Just because you played a LOT of call of duty, doesn't mean you should reproduce it.  A game like Medal of Honor needs something to stand out, and while all the individual pieces might be perfectly fine, it needs something to make it special.  Whether that be more elaborate scripted sequences, a more engrossing story, or a cool trick to the classic FPS formula.  Something new needs to be added to the formula.
    • Put the Multiplayer and Single Player in the SAME interface, have the SAME developer make both parts.  I think having DICE and Danger Close doing separate components on the game on separate engines was an interesting concept but failed to deliver simply because you lost that sense of cohesion that a lot of shooters (See: Bad Company 2) had.
    • It the game isn't done, wait to put it out.  this may be more EA's publishing decision  then the actual developers, but nobody wants a buggy game.  The Beta's proved that MoH (especially on the multiplayer side) was incredibly buggy, which i think until after the Beta's nobody at EA really noticed.  Given 3-6 more months of development time would have fixed most if not all of these issues.
    SammydesinasNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SammydesinasNL

Leave Dice out. It seems they are the ones who really are dissapointing again. They seem to just half make a game before moving on to the next one.
    Kbm600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Kbm600

The first and third point should be a staple for any game, regardless of the franchise or genre. A game should be unique and free of harassing bugs before being pushed out the door.

Avatar image for kamikazecaterpillar
    KamikazeCaterpillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Clean up the frame rate, add a better multiplayer progression system, and add custom control schemes (pulling a trigger, tilting an analog stick and then also pushing two shoulder buttons to lean and shoot is kind of awkward). 

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TwoOneFive

i would just throw in the tail.  

the idea of having two seperate engines for the sp and the mp was and always will be stupid. 

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By TheHBK

Cancel it.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Gabriel

Finally try and make a fun Revolutionary War multiplayer game, 

also no multiplayer.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Twisted_Scot

Yeah leave out DICE, let one company make both sides of the games MP & SP. Take your time and release when its ready. I Kinda liked the game for all its problems tho I have issues with DICE's console games. They just seem clunky and half arsed. 2 things i was sure would be in this games MP tho were  the ability to go prone (why do DICE hate prone these days?) and the ability to leave a match before it actually begins (i know its a little thing but why do i have to wait for it to load before it lets me out?). I figure if only one group of guys were making it you should get better integration between both sides of the same product and not miss out so many things between them like the cool little slide to cover move. I would have loved that in MP. And DICE still need to fix their shitty grenades.  Bah.

Ramyun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Ramyun

Here's an idea. Don't make Medal of Honor 2.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Vinny_Says

for starters....don't call it Medal of Honor 2

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.