Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Medal of Honor

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 12, 2010

Step into the boots of Tier 1 Operatives Rabbit and Deuce in this modern take on EA's long-running Medal of Honor series; the game features separately-developed single player and multiplayer modes.

When black ops arrives anybody still going to play this?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By falserelic

Are you going to quit playing the MOH online and go to black ops.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By zombie2011

I have a feeling most people will make the switch, the games are too similar and COD is clearly gonna be better. 

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#3  Edited By citizenkane

Most people will make the switch, but it will have it's core hardcore users that will till be playing it for some time.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OmegaPirate

Well i've already hit max level with each class, unlocked everything and without trying to sound elitist - ech round i play is pretty much a cakewalk, knowing the maps and modes as i do now. 
    Of course maybe the dlc will reignite a little more life in it, however despite the fact i prefer MoH to CoD multiplayer, i will probably move on to black ops, if for nothing more than a few different mechanics and levels to play around with

Avatar image for generic_crack_dealer
    generic_crack_dealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I for one don't feel like buying another multiplayer game I've seen 3 times before. I don't care about the zombie mode . . . that's why I have Dead Rising 2, because it's a WINNABLE zombie killing game. Medal of Honor online is really intense. Besides, why would I want to make Activision anymore money? Killzone 2 / MAG > Medal of Honor > the helicopter game > Call of Duty.
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By falserelic

For me the online was decent in MOH.But the overall experience felt like battlefield on crack.Don't get me wrong I love playing Dice games. But this game felt just like battlefield, It needed originality sense it was its own title.The game offers the same recycle gameplay that alot of people have already seen.Hell to be honest alot of games on the market copy off other games nowadays.Most games nowadays always end being very short with gameplay that people have already seen.Even black ops doesn't look like anything new,it looks the same like previous COD games but with some minor improvements. 

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

I stopped playing MOH awhile ago.
    Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Franstone

Like all games I'll jump around, I'm sure I'll get sick of the ultra-acradey nature of CoD fairly quickly again...  
    Besides, I'm playing MoH on PC and will be playing Black Ops on Xbox w/ friends so MoH get's the upper hand for that factor alone.

Really interested in the campaign and due for some zombie action to be honest, mainly the reasons I'm looking forward to it.
    Chobbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Chobbit

I guess I don't get it.  What is the allure of a dumbed down Bad Company 2 (which from the QL and TNT seems like what the multiplayer is for MOH)?  I stipulate that BC2 and COD are fundamentally differently paced games, and so I can see how both of them would have their own fans.   I personally prefer the more strategic slower paced style of BC2 than the twitch of the COD games.

But people sticking around MOH once the new COD comes out?  That's just silly talk.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I don't see Medal of Honor being a big thing for much longer.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By IBurningStar

Lets say I own two blankets. One is pretty warm, and doesn't have any large holes or anything that that makes it a bad choice. The other is much warmer, larger, and is in my favorite color.  If I was cold and for some reason could only wrap myself up in one of my two blankets, which do you think I would pick? If I am going to get wrapped up in one then I am going with the one that I view as being of higher quality. I would pick the second one. I enjoy its warmth giving experience more, and find it more aesthetically pleasing. Point is, MoH has a foot in the grave already. It might take it a while to finally collapse and fall in, but it isn't likely it is going to be doing much more during that time.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12  Edited By Yanngc33

When COD comes out, MOH is going back to the shop.
    I only need 3 more achievements for the S rank

lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By lavaman77

Nah, ill stop playing it for a while but this game has it's own touch which i like. 

illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By illmatic19

Yes, all five of them. 

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By CenturionCajun

I'm in the process of downloading the Hot Zone and Clean Sweep packs as we speak. I was actually waiting for Black Ops to come out so I could jump in and try to finally get my last achievement. Which is Fire Controller and is a bitch. Here's hoping that Hot Zone will allow me to rack up enough kills to get it.

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Evilmetal

I don't know how scientific this will be but looking at these two urls:

1.  http://store.steampowered.com/stats/
    2.  http://mohstats.com/

One will see the following (at time of this post):

102,105 online players for Call of Duty Black Ops (PC)
    3,902 online players for Medal of Honor (PC)

Though for what it's worth, the past few MOH release had terrible online components. This current release is just another bad one tacked on to MOH's poor EA history.  This current release of MOH is the third release, of the new series of MOHs after the original by 2015 plus the expansions to it. 

There is little difference, in terms of the quality output, between the last 3 releases of MOH (PC); but this time EA did have the audacity to test the 59.99 price point for the PC edition.
    Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Evilmetal

PC version is 39.99 at Target... lol.

Ocean_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Ocean_H

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.