Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mega Man 9

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 22, 2008

Mega Man returns to his roots in this deliberately retro side-scrolling platformer that simulates the style and simplicity of the first six Mega Man games.

New DLC!

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BoG

We've got hard mode, harder mode, and Fake Man!

I haven't purchased either of the difficulty levels yet, but I did get the Fake Man Special stage, and it awesome. They didn't hold back, they made another classic robot master stage with this one, and it is ultra hard, and ultra fun. Capcom could do this for years, and I'd still hand over the cash.
    Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

This such a rip off

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kush

I don't know if I'm feeling the DLC for MM9 ...I checked XBL last night and 240pts for one challenge mode seems pretty ridiculous to me.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Endogene

here is what else got released
    source: wiiware world

We’re proud to announce that the second of Downloadable Content packs for Mega Man 9 will be available this week. Here’s the run down on what’s coming out.

Hard Mode – Dubbed Hero Mode in Japan, this mode enables you to play the entire game on an increased difficulty level with alternate enemy distribution and spawning points. Hard Mode is not compatible with Rankings or Challenges Modes. Cost: 100 Wii points.

Expert Mode – Dubbed Super Hero Mode Japan, this mode represents the apex of Mega Man 9 difficulty settings and is not for the novice Mega Man 9 player. This mode triples the level of difficulty from the default Mega Man 9 game. Expert Mode is not compatible with Rankings or Challenges Modes. Cost: 100 Wii points.

Special Time Attack Stage – This DLC gives you an additional stage for Time Attack Mode, complete with an all new level and Robot Master Boss, “Fake Man.” Similar in difficulty to the Willy Stages, players will have a fun time tackling this time sensitive competitive stage. Special Time Attack Stage is not compatible with Challenge Mode. Cost: 100 Wii points.

All three DLC packs are available now on WiiWare Channel today (October 20th, 2008) with XBLA following on October 21th, and PSN releasing October 23th.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dalai

It feels wrong buying harder modes when it should have been in the game from the beginning.

Who am I kidding?  I'll try them out eventually.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By KingBroly

The Special Stage is pretty interesting.  I don't get the point of the Fake Man if you can't get his weapon energy (there's still that one open slot on the Weapons Menu).

ShadowVirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By ShadowVirus

I doubt I'll get the harder difficulties, I still don't have Proto Man, but I'll probably get Fake Man.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Emilio
    KingBroly said:
    "The Special Stage is pretty interesting.  I don't get the point of the Fake Man if you can't get his weapon energy (there's still that one open slot on the Weapons Menu)."
    Well you know, I was running around through the internet when I came upon on article that the producer for MM9 or some one working close to Capcom said that MM9 still had one extra secret that no one has yet to see.
    Kokoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Kokoro

I've downloaded Proto Man and the Special Stage. I've been trying to beat the game with Proto Man and I'm getting close. I haven't played the Special Stage yet though. I should go do that. I wonder if they'll offer more downloadable content in the future.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.