Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mega Man Universe

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Mega Man Universe is the cancelled Xbox Live Arcade and Playstation Network game that would have been a 2D platformer that emphasized stage creation and bringing the old school and new school together.

Mega Man Universe Cancelled - And I'm Happy About It

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

Edited By MormonWarrior

IGN reports today that the previously announced Mega Man Universe, set to be released this year for Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network, is now cancelled - and I couldn't be happier about it. Ever since the NES days I've been a huge Mega Man fan, with Mega Man X being one of my very favorite games of all time. However, Capcom has consistently failed to do anything right with Mega Man, or has been hugely inconsistent at least, since Mega Man X2 or X3. Mega Man Universe sounded like a cool idea until I saw the videos. Then it just looked like Mega Man Powered Up only horrible.   

No thanks.
     No thanks.
    You know what's great, guys? 2D sprites. I love 'em. Mega Man looks best with them. You know what Capcom game looked absolutely amazing in 2D? Street Fighter III. I would much rather see a bigger-budget Mega Man game done with hand-drawn animation and a combat system not unlike a Viewtiful Joe or Devil May Cry with classic Mega Man elements.

But anyway, this is most likely because of the departure of series creator Keiji Inafune. Hopefully there's a bright future for Mega Man, and we won't have to keep seeing all the 8-bit lazy cash-ins and millions of crappy sequels to games that were only okay in the first place.
    IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By IBurningStar

Probably a smart move by them. Personally, I thought the game looked like a crusty butthole.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Yeah, it looked like a bad fan mod or rom hack.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By CptBedlam
    @MormonWarrior:  I agree with you. It's probably not what you were thinking of but these 2d graphics to me still look way better than ANY rts out there with 3d graphics:

http://www.gamershell.com/static/screenshots/2727/42572_full.jpg
    buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By buft

I'll admit i got excited by the premise but then i saw the game in action and all hope faded.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@buft said:
    " I'll admit i got excited by the premise but then i saw the game in action and all hope faded. "

Same. The premise seemed really cool, but any excitement disappeared when I saw the game itself.

I'd disagree with only one point from the TC. Mega Man X 3 was awesome - then it all went downhill. 9 and 10 were the closest they've gotten since then, but they aren't really that great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.