Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mega Man

Franchise »

The Mega Man (known in Japan as Rockman) franchise covers a large number of action games from the core series and several offshoots, including Mega Man X, Mega Man Battle Network, and even one-offs like Mega Man Soccer or Mega Man Battle & Chase.

Hell Yeah! New Protomen Album: The Father of Death!

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By mattbodega

If you're actually going to go and make, "video game music", don't just go and make metal remixes of NES tunes. Go all the way; use a classic video game as a basis for your own musical interpretation of the material.

That's what The Protomen did. In the face of a million covers of chiptunes,  The Protomen turned the story of the litte man of rock and turned it into their debut album, a full blown Rock Opera about the fall of mankind in face of robot domination, a populace without the courage to save themselves, and a young robot boy who discovers that he can avenge his brother or save mankind, but he cannot do both.

Now, The Protomen have released their second installment of their magnum opus.  " Act II: The Father of Death

The album is categorically better than their debut; focusing on the story of Light and Wiley, and how the world fell into robot chaos, The Father of Death has a musical tone that's all over the place; dark and brooding, western inspired acoustic guitars, horns and trumpets, opera, and even a little ska. It's a fascinating album. You should buy it!

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Tylea002

I was totally about to make a new thread about this, thank god for the search feature! I can't believe this got no replies when it was made 2 weeks ago. I've been listening to it and the first album NON STOP for the last few days, and am filled with sadness about being in the UK which means I have to settle for the download version without the story notes, which are thankfully on lyric wiki now, so I can enjoy it to the full. Every single fan of music owes it to themself to buy this album, right now. It is truly amazing, and shows the musical diversity of the Protomen. And Track 5 WILL get your man tears flowing, it has such a great emotional range.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.