Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mega Man

Franchise »

The Mega Man (known in Japan as Rockman) franchise covers a large number of action games from the core series and several offshoots, including Mega Man X, Mega Man Battle Network, and even one-offs like Mega Man Soccer or Mega Man Battle & Chase.

I need to get this off my mind.....

Skullo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Skullo

Amongst the bullshit that happened with MML3 getting cancelled... There was this quote from the GB article:

"Mega Man is still an important franchise within Capcom’s portfolio and we will continue to pursue opportunities to create new titles in the series,

EXCUSE ME, MOTHERFUCKER, ARE YOU GOING TO PISS ON THIS HERE TURD AND TELL ME IT'S DRESSING FOR IT?

What a crock of shit. What a fucking way to treat a franchise who hasically got you where you are right now.  Did the motherfucker who said this, say it with a straight face?  

Look, I'm not the biggest Mega Man fan out there.  But, out and out, fucking over gamers like that?  That makes me think less of the people who run that place. 

And the Capcom Unity twitter, either that's trolling or out and out stupidity. There is no third option on this.

There is, of the publishing of this thread, no definitive cause of this bullshit than just "Oh fan participation was lower than expected." Lazy shits, aren't you Capcom.

Don't fuck over a fandom like this and not expect people to react poorly to this. PEOPLE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR MML3 FOR 10 YEARS!

No, fuck you Capcom, I'm going to buy all Capcom games used from now on. You made you bed, now sleep in it. ASSHOLES.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By McGhee

Could double spacing be the next CAPS LOCK? I like the crazy vibe it gives this post.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By benjaebe

I heard the more you swear the cooler you are on the internet. Can you confirm this?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ajamafalous
    @McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

Could double spacing be the next CAPS LOCK? I like the crazy vibe it gives this post.

I'm not sure, but it may have been caused by the shitty new editor.
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By kingzetta

Calm down, ease up on the swearing and type like a sane person.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By IBurningStar
    @benjaebe: Fuck no, but I fucking can. Fuck yes it makes you cooler is the answer to that motherfuckin question. Bitch.

Also, Capcom has handled this whole situation very poorly. I personally wasn't to excited about a new Mega Man Legends game, but I can understand why some were.  Capcom's response to everyone being disappointed and frustrated with their latest announcement was them pretty much just making big dismissive wanking motion.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Irrational ranting aside, I agree with you OP. It's really unfortunate how Capcom has chosen to treat, not only its fans, but also how little respect they seem to have for Mega Man, one of the most classic and beloved franchises in video game history. 
    71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By 71Ranchero

Nerdrage is funny.

TearsInRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TearsInRain

Someone is mad.

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FateOfNever

When you gotta vent, you gotta vent.  Capcom's treatment of the whole thing has been pretty awful, so vent away.

Muerthoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Muerthoz
    @benjaebe said:
    I heard the more you swear the cooler you are on the internet. Can you confirm this?
    I believe it's that more swearing makes your side of any argument more correct.
    Swearing aside, I agree with many of the points brought up by the OP.     Probably would be taken more seriously if you cut back on 1/2 of the swears.
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Rockdalf

Capcom sucks. Learn to enjoy the shit burrito they're feeding you or stop buying their games. I'm personally going half and half and probably still going to get UMvC3. Capcom must've figured out how much I enjoy buying the same game twice in one year.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By scarace360

you know what i dont have a real response for this i was gonna be an asshole and say something dumb but you know what i have nothing good to say.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I sooooooooooooo wanna punch Michael Cera in the face in that pic

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ryanwho

So I guess I'm learning what the people at 4chan think is funny this week from this thread. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was going to say that I'll probably buy all my Capcom games used from now on as well, but then I realized that they don't really have any franchises that are of much interest to me anymore, so I guess I won't be buying any Capcom games from now on. Though I'll probably still get Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom* since I skipped the first round.  

*Used.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, I just got a chuckle out of those two.

I'm not ecstatic about Capcom's choices lately, but alotta you people are gonna pop an embolism from raging so much. When I heard the rumor that some MegaMan cosplayer had punched a Capcom rep at Comic-con over this, I couldn't stop laughing.

I'm bummed about MML3 getting cancelled and their continuing refusal to bring some ace games across the pond, but I really don't get the butt-hurt about UMvC3. This is how fighting games work. Sure they're getting better at remedying the situation with how SSFIV:AE and the 1.02 and 1.03 versions of BlazBlu CS were handled, but honestly I believe them when they say that due to extrenuating circumstances MvC3 isn't ready to just get DLC updated. It's not as if all these additions to UMvC3 were originally planned as DLC. They just got a chance to add more and sell it as a cheaper full on game instead.

A lot of people act like this turns the enjoyment you've had of MvC3 so far completely moot. I'm sorry, but you've probably gotten your moneys worth if you like it enough that you wanna upgrade.

Now, if Capcom can just concentrate on making a new Rival Schools or getting SKullomania back on their roster, I'd be happy.

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TwilitEnd656

And here I thought they'd try NOT to make fans of established franchises rage, not until Devil May Cry released, or close to it. Instead they go for an older, decidedly more popular character that's pretty much their own mascot, and decide to announce it with Comic Con. The announcement itself would be understandable, if not for their call for fan participation, only to cut even the prototype they promised before the fans could even do anything. And those CapcomEuro tweets just doused the flames with oil. =P

I wasn't much interested in the game itself, but I had read on it and found what they were doing to be an interesting experiment, and I could clearly see the appeal to others, but... Well, whatever the case, I'm going to be rather wary of Capcom for a while. I'm definitely getting UMvC3, but they certainly won't be making any money off my purchase.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You could have made this with 3 words:

Fuck you Capcom.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By TechHits

I don't know how people get this riled up about a game. It's only a video game life will go on.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Emilio

Fuck CRAPcom BULLshit fuck ass piss!! 

That's what I keep hearing from those poor Mega Man fans. I was more interested in that Mega Man Universe title. But whatever. The last Capcom game I bought was Zack and Wiki.

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TotalEklypse
    @TeflonBilly: Those made me laugh pretty damned hard. Well played.
    Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
    @TeflonBilly
    That's just mean, but seriously OP, you need to take it easy, do you really think that Capcom will bury a franchise that can make them some serious money? Of course not, now run along, it's nap time. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.