Is this Frog Fractions 2?

#1 Edited by brainwins (341 posts) -

Look at that cover. Also, Wii U.

#2 Posted by SSully (5622 posts) -

As the developer of Frog Fractions and Frog Fractions 2 I can confirm that this is in fact Frog Fractions 2.

#3 Posted by MATATAT (1224 posts) -

Sorta what I was thinking

#4 Edited by MattyFTM (14884 posts) -

Ninja Pig Studio's seems to be an actual developer that has had a facebook page since 2011 and a twitter account since 2009. Seems unlikely to be Frog Fractions 2.

Unless Twinbeard paid for Ninja Pig to be involved in order to effectively disguise Frog Fractions 2.

#5 Posted by MATATAT (1224 posts) -
@mattyftm said:

Ninja Pig Studio's seems to be an actual developer that has had a facebook page since 2011 and a twitter account since 2009. Seems unlikely to be Frog Fractions 2.

Unless Twinbeard paid for Ninja Pig to be involved in order to effectively disguise Frog Fractions 2.

You'll find me in a dirty motel with poor lighting tying yarn between all the evidence trying to make sense of it all.

#6 Posted by ripelivejam (13074 posts) -

who says frog fractions 2 has to be a game?

Maybe frog fractions 2 is a real life Robocop

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
#7 Edited by deactivated-582d227526464 (835 posts) -

the 2008 financial crisis is frog fractions 2

#8 Posted by InternetDotCom (3987 posts) -
Loading Video...

burn down the internet and start again

#9 Posted by Demoskinos (17456 posts) -

@gorillamopena: I think I've finally reached the point where I've lost touch to why any of this is popular. And now I feel old.

#10 Posted by Bollard (8132 posts) -

Loading Video...

I like it

#11 Edited by jiggajoe14 (1817 posts) -
#12 Edited by afabs515 (2005 posts) -
No Caption Provided

#13 Posted by bemusedchunk (905 posts) -

Nope

#14 Posted by megabite10164 (90 posts) -

The hottest garbage.

But it might be in disguise...

Has anyone thought that there might be an influx of shitty indie games actually selling because people it might think it's Frog Fractions 2?

#15 Posted by LaszloKovacs (1272 posts) -

I feel like this joke was funny for almost the seven and half minutes it took me to finish the (completely FREE) Game Of The Year 420.

Why anyone would pay money for a runner whose entire purpose for existing is to reuse all the same jokes is beyond me.

If it does turn out to be something more I would be very surprised.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
#16 Edited by ShadowSwordmaster (1119 posts) -

Loading Video...

What?

#17 Posted by Beb (298 posts) -

Get off my lawn.

#18 Posted by IamTerics (787 posts) -

This game seems so terrible that it has to be frog fractions 2.

#19 Posted by AjayRaz (12893 posts) -

I am buying a Wii U just to play this game.

#20 Posted by WickedCestus (3781 posts) -

The Wii U is Frog Fractions 2.

#21 Posted by Haruko (566 posts) -

I thought #gamergate was Frog Factions 2?

#22 Posted by emfromthesea (2262 posts) -

The curiosity behind what is Frog Fractions 2, is Frog Fractions 2.

#23 Edited by bacongames (4008 posts) -

Fuck this Frog Factions 2 business, what's up with this biting on GAME OF THE YEAR: 420BLAZEIT. The idea of this coming after 420BLAZEIT makes me sad.

EDIT:

Meme Run is a comedy game created by Jordan and Garrett Schuetz. Inspired by the Montage Parody Subreddit, Ninja Pig Studios developed this game to add a new twist on the meme culture. Anyone who has seen montage paradies will find this game extremely entertainingsince it's a first of its kind game.

Shameless.

#24 Posted by Chaser324 (8623 posts) -

@bacongames: Yeah. I'm curious what the timeline is there. That being said, the similarities may just be due to both drawing inspiration from this "Montage Parody" subreddit...a place that I never intend to visit.

#25 Posted by Honkalot (1037 posts) -
@mattyftm said:

The long con.

Follow the money.

#26 Posted by KDR_11k (490 posts) -

Fuck this Frog Factions 2 business, what's up with this biting on GAME OF THE YEAR: 420BLAZEIT. The idea of this coming after 420BLAZEIT makes me sad.

EDIT:

Meme Run is a comedy game created by Jordan and Garrett Schuetz. Inspired by the Montage Parody Subreddit, Ninja Pig Studios developed this game to add a new twist on the meme culture. Anyone who has seen montage paradies will find this game extremely entertainingsince it's a first of its kind game.

Shameless.

To be fair 420BLAZEIT was a 7DFPS game so this POS was probably in development long before 420.

#27 Edited by bacongames (4008 posts) -

@kdr_11k said:

@bacongames said:

EDIT:

Shameless.

To be fair 420BLAZEIT was a 7DFPS game so this POS was probably in development long before 420.

That's why I think 420BLAZEIT works, it's a game jam game that was a really good joke for that amount of time put into it. Helps that 420BLAZEIT has more depth to the joke concerning video games anyway whereas this seems like the game is irrelevant to the joke.

@chaser324 said:

@bacongames: Yeah. I'm curious what the timeline is there. That being said, the similarities may just be due to both drawing inspiration from this "Montage Parody" subreddit...a place that I never intend to visit.

As my searches would confirm you're probably right. Intentional or not, Meme Run's timing completely kills any value this might have had. Whatever, the game that matters won out in the end among people who follow this shit more closely and know what a 7DFPS is.

#28 Posted by amafi (1497 posts) -

Loading Video...

God damn it I hate the internet so much.

#29 Posted by fazzle (354 posts) -

I think I'm going to go randomly stab at my fucking brain until I hit the part that remembers that I saw this trailer.

#30 Posted by mechakirby (448 posts) -

i'm just gonna say the Frog Fractions 2 kickstarter said it would take about 18 months to work on. Or maybe that's what they want us to think...

#31 Posted by monetarydread (2887 posts) -
Loading Video...

This reminds me of a less interesting version of 420blazeit Gameoftheyear. It was played on Unprofessional Fridays a little while back and it uses the same music, the same memes, the same jokes, only it looks to play better and its free.

#32 Posted by Lunnington (534 posts) -

Can't be. Frog Fractions 2 is coming to PC and then later Linux and Mac.

#33 Posted by m3ds334 (57 posts) -

@megabite10164:

Oh god, that's my favorite idea now. I'm going to go release something on early access with the only selling point being "Might be Frog Fractions 2."

#34 Posted by sammo21 (5958 posts) -

Sometimes you get a clear example of "trying too hard". This is one of those times.

#35 Posted by HatKing (7442 posts) -

Remember when comedy required people to write their own jokes and not literally copy and paste shit they saw on the internet?

#36 Posted by MattyFTM (14884 posts) -

@m3ds334: That could be considered misleading advertising. Just say "not frog fractions 2". You're telling the truth, but people will still think it might be frog fractions 2.

#38 Posted by AMyggen (7738 posts) -
#39 Posted by The_Nubster (3938 posts) -

@bollard said:

@gorillamopena said:
Loading Video...

I like it

I thought that the trailer was pretty funny, but the game itself looks unplayable. At least GAME OF THE YEAR: 420 BLAZEIT vs xxXilluminatiXxx [wow/10 #rekt edition] - Montage Parody The Game was cohesive and very much enjoyable from a mechanics standpoint. This game looks as if all of the effort was put into the video, and not into the game itself.

#40 Posted by flippyandnod (757 posts) -

This game looks like shit.

#41 Edited by Bollard (8132 posts) -

@bollard said:

@gorillamopena said:
Loading Video...

I like it

I thought that the trailer was pretty funny, but the game itself looks unplayable. At least GAME OF THE YEAR: 420 BLAZEIT vs xxXilluminatiXxx [wow/10 #rekt edition] - Montage Parody The Game was cohesive and very much enjoyable from a mechanics standpoint. This game looks as if all of the effort was put into the video, and not into the game itself.

Yeah, GOTY 420 BLAZE IT was a much higher level of polish. And it was actually a parody, where I get the feeling this might be serious.

#42 Posted by gatehouse (933 posts) -

You know what, after watching that I'm very glad that I don't have a sodding clue what the hell's going on with the internet any more.

#43 Posted by kindgineer (3102 posts) -

@gorillamopena: I think I've finally reached the point where I've lost touch to why any of this is popular. And now I feel old.

Don't think of it as getting old. Think of it as transcending immaturity and being able to enjoy things outside of what others want to portray as popular.

#44 Edited by Kidavenger (4417 posts) -

Where is the quicklook/UPF/endurance run for this game?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.