Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 31, 2008

The sequel to the critically acclaimed Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction. Now set in war-torn Venezuela, the player again takes on contracts for various warring factions on a quest for payback.

Why no trophies for Mercs 2?

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BestUsernameEver

I don't see why they cant have them in. Unless they are coming out with a patch to add them, I am going to be pretty mad at Sony for the lack of features.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f9e2f09d481
    deactivated-65f9e2f09d481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Well, it's fairly new and of course it's optional for developers. They may add them at a later day. There are only a handful of titles that support them right now.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By m1k3

I think next year trophies are gonna be mandatory. I was wondering why madden 09 didn't have trophies either

MasterSplinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By MasterSplinter
    m1k3 said:
    "I think next year trophies are gonna be mandatory. I was wondering why madden 09 didn't have trophies either

"
    Yeah, I believe Sony said all '09 games will be required to have trophy support.
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BestUsernameEver
    MasterSplinter said:
    "m1k3 said:
    "I think next year trophies are gonna be mandatory. I was wondering why madden 09 didn't have trophies either

"
    Yeah, I believe Sony said all '09 games will be required to have trophy support."
    Ahh, yeah I guess it is a litlle early, but didn't come out in June? Thats plenty of time I think..
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BestUsernameEver
    MasterSplinter said:
    "m1k3 said:

"
    Yeah, I believe Sony said all '09 games will be required to have trophy support."
    Ahh, yeah I guess it is a litlle early, but didn't come out in June? Thats plenty of time I think..
    Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Demyx

They probably started production a while ago before Sony ever told anyone about plans for Trophies. And they might patch it later, or they might not.

BestUsernameEver said:
    "MasterSplinter said:
    "m1k3 said:

"
    Ahh, yeah I guess it is a litlle early, but didn't come out in June? Thats plenty of time I think.."
    Madden '09 Came out in like August
    Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Ket87

Sony should have right off the bat required trophy support and even maybe should have went as far as require retroactive trophy support. With the wide range of multiplatform games out there importing 360 achievements as trophy rewards should have been simple. Trophies are proving just another hap hazard feature. 360 got a uniform layout to everything that Microsoft enforces which makes everything constant and keeps it streamlined. Sony letting devs do whatever they want leads to lazy devs not adding rumble and trophies and leaving online in devs hands leads to travesties like Metal Gear Online. If Sony kept their devs in check like Microsoft Konami would never have been able to pull the shit that they did with the asinine set up process.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pause422

It's still at the optional mark is the reason...not every single game will have them still, but trust me..between this last quarter of the year and from then on it looks like 80-90% of games will have them. By 09 I'm sure it'll be a required feature, and even if it isn't by then every game will definitely ship with them.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By AaronBelfast
    Ket87 said:
    "Sony should have right off the bat required trophy support and even maybe should have went as far as require retroactive trophy support. With the wide range of multiplatform games out there importing 360 achievements as trophy rewards should have been simple. Trophies are proving just another hap hazard feature. 360 got a uniform layout to everything that Microsoft enforces which makes everything constant and keeps it streamlined. Sony letting devs do whatever they want leads to lazy devs not adding rumble and trophies and leaving online in devs hands leads to travesties like Metal Gear Online. If Sony kept their devs in check like Microsoft Konami would never have been able to pull the shit that they did with the asinine set up process."
    Agreed 100%.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.