Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Feb 19, 2013

A fast-paced action game co-developed by PlatinumGames and Kojima Productions. It follows ninja-cyborg Raiden's activities four years after the events of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

Do you think MGS:Rising will be a prequel.

Dragoon14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Dragoon14

I think it could be a prequel, i don't know if i want it to be though.

Disease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Disease

Honestly, I have no idea, I don't even think it's going to be a stealth action game. :S

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CL60
    @Disease said:
    " Honestly, I have no idea, I don't even think it's going to be a stealth action game. :S "
    Yes it will be.

I don't see how it could be a prequel, Raidens suit seems pretty jacked up in comparison to MGS4..and I think it might be Raidens son actually because at the end of MGS4 Raidens son had brown eyes and the Raiden in MGS:R has brown eyes while Raiden in 4 has blue eyes.
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Akeldama

im not interested in a bone being thrown to MS so that they will shut up about MGS4. Kojima is hardly even involved. 

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CL60
    @Akeldama said:
    " im not interested in a bone being thrown to MS so that they will shut up about MGS4. Kojima is hardly even involved.  "
    No need to fanboy out on us.
    Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud
    @Akeldama said:
    "im not interested in a bone being thrown to MS so that they will shut up about MGS4. Kojima is hardly even involved.  "

Yeah I'm sure that's exactly why this game is being made, and why it's also coming out on the PS3.

Some people are retarded.
    iiNF3RNo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By iiNF3RNo

i dont think it will be stealth and yes i think it will be a prequel maybe filling how raiden became a robot ninja 

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CL60
    @iiNF3RNo said:
    " i dont think it will be stealth and yes i think it will be a prequel maybe filling how raiden became a robot ninja  "
    It will be stealth...the trailer even said SNEAK IN.
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Akeldama
    @CL60: fuck off CL60 im not here to do this with you. MGS Rising is exactly what i said. Its a smokescreen. All the people who were bitching about MGS4 on the 360 now have this to distract them. I know Kojima would have released MGS4 on the 360 if it were possible. It is not and so this is his out. 
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CL60
    @Akeldama said:
    " @CL60: fuck off CL60 im not here to do this with you. MGS Rising is exactly what i said. Its a smokescreen. All the people who were bitching about MGS4 on the 360 now have this to distract them. I know Kojima would have released MGS4 on the 360 if it were possible. It is not and so this is his out.  "
    Yes it is possible on the 360, get over it. Stop crying that metal gear solid is going multi-platform...and stop being a fanboy.
    wadtomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By wadtomaton

Actually I don't think it'll be stealth. not in the same way as MGS has been in the past at least. Kojima even said it will be a different type of action which is why the subtitle is "lightning bolt action". I believe they also said it will talk about how raiden became the cyborg ninja, kinda a bridge between mgs 2 and 4. It really couldn't take place after 4 unless he goes back into duty. It could be broken up into a 2 sections, one before and one after. Or the story of how he became the cyborg ninja could be done in a flashback type situation.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CL60

Another theory I've got is I noticed the barcode on his head, maybe somebody is mass producing raiden clones for war purposes

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TwoOneFive

it could also be a sequel to mgs2. 

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Akeldama
    @CL60: you completely miss my point. I am fine with the series going MP but only because it will never be what i loved. They will never create that definitive MGS again. MGS4 was the last in my (anf many other) minds. The console is irrelevant now. 

When you cant put up a good argument, calling someone a fanboy to get others to grab the pitchforks is not gonna work. Get over yourself CL60. 
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CL60
    @Akeldama said:
    " @CL60: you completely miss my point. I am fine with the series going MP but only because it will never be what i loved. They will never create that definitive MGS again. MGS4 was the last in my (anf many other) minds. The console is irrelevant now. 

When you cant put up a good argument, calling someone a fanboy to get others to grab the pitchforks is not gonna work. Get over yourself CL60. 
    "
    Yup, a game they have yet to show anything of has ruined the series...I'm pretty sure you are just blinded by the fact of it going multi-plat...who gives a shit if it's going multi-plat..look at your first post..it screams fanboy. You only think MGS4 was the last because it was the last to b e PS3 exclusive..that right there is fact.
    NeoTheta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By NeoTheta

There is a good chance that this will be a prequel, because at the end of Metal Gear Solid 4, Raiden reunited with his family, something he had wanted for a long time. So unless there is a huge reason for Raiden to go back to fighting, I think it will be a prequel.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Akeldama
    @CL60: once again missing my point. MGS4 was the last in my mind because of the story. It had a finality to it that feels fake now. I dont care about the series going MP because im perfectly content with the series as it is. MGS rising and peacewalker are not ruining the series that is. They are ruining that series to come. It should have ended with 4 and in my mind, it did.  

iiNF3RNo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18  Edited By iiNF3RNo
    @CL60: if that is the case why would they change the tagline to LIghting Bolt Action?
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CL60
    @iiNF3RNo said:
    " @CL60: if that is the case why would they change the tagline to LIghting Bolt Action? "
    Look at the Grey Fox things in MGS2...its stealth and it is lightning fast action.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CL60
    @Akeldama said:
    " @CL60: once again missing my point. MGS4 was the last in my mind because of the story. It had a finality to it that feels fake now. I dont care about the series going MP because im perfectly content with the series as it is. MGS rising and peacewalker are not ruining the series that is. They are ruining that series to come. It should have ended with 4 and in my mind, it did.  

"
    Missing your point? Your first post said NOTHING about that, it said all they were doing was throwing a bone to microsoft and that's why you are not interested.
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Akeldama

everytime somebody says something slightly negative about MS or the 360, you call fanboy on them. Being overly defensive of a console seems fairly fanboyish to me. And with that, i am done arguing with you. 

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By shadows_kill
    @CL60 said:
    " @Disease said:
    " Honestly, I have no idea, I don't even think it's going to be a stealth action game. :S "
    Yes it will be "

its "lighting bolt action" now.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, North American box art

its not  "tactical espionage action"

so im thinking its going to be a action adventure game........
    Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Steve_C

Sequel or prequel, it fucks with the canon if it is indeed Raiden, which it probably isn't. Still, I feel that anything set after 4 will dirty the events of that game. It ended pretty conclusively.

I'm interested to see what the game will actually look and play like, but Peace Walker is where it's at for me.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CL60
    @shadows_kill said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @Disease said:
    Yes it will be "

its "lighting bolt action" now.

its not  "tactical espionage action"

so im thinking its going to be a action adventure game........
    "
    MGS2 Grey Fox things....go play them...now.....it's stealthy yet has fast action.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CL60
    @Akeldama said:
    " everytime somebody says something slightly negative about MS or the 360, you call fanboy on them. Being overly defensive of a console seems fairly fanboyish to me. And with that, i am done arguing with you.  "
    Um, no, your first post was just dumb and you changed everything you were talking about when I called you out on it. I'm not a fanboy, I play both consoles and I enjoy both consoles I just enjoy hearing people like you and calling you out on it.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By shadows_kill
    @CL60: yes it could be stealthy and actiony but this is also a different side series of mgs. Also that Kojima is working on the psp mgs game so the team working on mgsr could make it more of a action/adventure game
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CL60
    @shadows_kill said:
    " @CL60: yes it could be stealthy and actiony but this is also a different side series of mgs. Also that Kojima is working on the psp mgs game so the team working on mgsr could make it more of a action/adventure game "

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By luce

i still think it should be called Metal Gear Rising or something.. Metal Gear Raiden

just typing out loud

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By Out_On_Bail
    @CL60 said:
    [...] .and I think it might be Raidens son actually because at the end of MGS4 Raidens son had brown eyes and the Raiden in MGS:R has brown eyes while Raiden in 4 has blue eyes. "
    Wow man, that's
    incredibly perceptive of you. I never noticed those subtle differences. I wonder if it will be his son. It was fairly obvious that he idolized his father with the way he handled that toy sword. I'm very interested in finding out more on that.
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I'm sold on this game regardless.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CL60
    @Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    " I'm sold on this game regardless. "
    I'm sold on anything MGS.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @CL60 said:
    " @Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    " I'm sold on this game regardless. "
    I'm sold on anything MGS. "
    same here dude. 
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By suneku

Well this has to be some kind of prequel because of his ending in MGS4.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#34  Edited By KingBroly

I'd like to know how his eyes went from Blue to Brown then back to Blue myself.  If this is indeed a prequel.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CL60
    @suneku said:
    " Well this has to be some kind of prequel because of his ending in MGS4. "
    @KingBroly said:
    " I'd like to know how his eyes went from Blue to Brown then back to Blue myself.  If this is indeed a prequel. "
    As I said...my theory, it's Raidens son, at the ending his son seemed to admire his dad and Raidens son did indeed have brown eyes.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mordukai
    @Dragoon14: With Kojima....who fucking knows...lol
    FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FCKSNAP

Who knows, there's that whole "saving Sunny" story that was only mentioned in 4. But that could end up being a PSP sidestory like Portable OPS and Planeswalkers.

Also, I read an article in Kotaku or something last week that mentioned Rising will be more action than stealth. And why would you make an Metal Gear Solid game if Solid should be dead by now (he only had six months to live, right?)

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By mordukai
    @CL60 said:
    " @suneku said:
    " Well this has to be some kind of prequel because of his ending in MGS4. "
    @KingBroly said:
    " I'd like to know how his eyes went from Blue to Brown then back to Blue myself.  If this is indeed a prequel. "
    As I said...my theory, it's Raidens son, at the ending his son seemed to admire his dad and Raidens son did indeed have brown eyes. "
    thats a very good theory. Raiden is actually a call name much like how 'Snake' is. I suspected it to be a different Raiden when I saw the picture with the brown eyed Raiden but I never thought it to be his son. 
    SnakeSDR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By SnakeSDR

I'm excited because its another game in the metal gear universe. I don't see this as another episode in the metal gear solid saga, in terms of Solid Snake's tale, I believe it's gonna be a spin off exploring the Raiden character further, and thats perfectly fine. The multiplatform thing doesn't bother me, because I just wanna play metal gear, I will buy whatever I have to play it.

I'm not sure what to think in terms of where it fits in, in the canon, I am hoping for something between MGS2 and MGS4, but then the barcode and brown eyes are throwing that off a little bit. I don't really want it to be post MGS4 because I like how MGS4 tied stuff off, even for Raiden.

Also, just so anybody doesn't call me out on this, the storyline has always been about Solid Snake and Big Boss (well Big Boss became more important later on), over the course of 50 years, even in MGS2 where you mostly played as Raiden, Solid Snake was still one of the major protaganists, you were just watching his story unfold from the eyes of a newbie, which some people loved, a lot hated (I really liked 2). So personally I feel this will be more of a character developing backstory, that stands on its own, fitting in with the series, but not being a major part of it.

But hey, I could be totally wrong and this could be the next big step in the series (and with Peace Walker being 'the missing link', sounds like fun times). Whatever happens I'm excited and I think it will be a great game.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#40  Edited By sjschmidt93

It'll be a sequel to 2, prequel to 4. It'll be Raiden's Rising to become a crazy cyborg ninja, and him saving Sunny from the Patriot's. The first half will be him with guns, and the second half he'll be all badass with a sort and shit. And Snake will be no where to be found.

At least that's what I hope it is.

So the order of series will (more than likely be):

Metal Gear Solid 3, MGS: Portable Ops, MGS: Peace Walker,  Metal Gear, MG2, MGS, MGS2, MGS: Rising, MGS4.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Whitestripes09

Im going to bet its a sequal, his armor just looks like its way into the future (who ever he is) It could be Raiden's son or it could be a clone. I personally like the idea of Raiden's son being like his dad, it would be interesting to see how the world changed in what ever many years it would take place in.

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42  Edited By L33tfella_H

Now...not to say that the Story CAN'T be whacked out every now and then...but didn't raiden basically get his entire body mutilated and modified? If i was his son and As cool as i thought he was...i would not go through all that just to be a Cyborg Ninja.

Also, didn't the Patriots get killed off in the end of MGS4...and as people have said it tied every loose end of MGS together...so it probably will be something happening Pre-MGS4 or during the Events of most likely.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ryanwho

Something something nanomachines. 
    I think it would be great if Kojima did the opposite of that hack Lucas when it comes to MGS and press forward in the timeline with a new story. Yes, the story of Snake is positively over, but the world didn't end. Keep going forward, prequels are fucking boring. Anyone old you know will survive, and anyone new will probably die, omg gripping.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#44  Edited By Phished0ne

all i can say is it will be an action game, think MGS+Devil May Cry.. 

and with that..i am sold.

CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45  Edited By CSXLoser
    @Phished0ne said:
    " all i can say is it will be an action game, think MGS+Devil May Cry..  and with that..i am sold. "
    I agree with this.

Now i just need to decide which console i want it on

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.