Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Feb 19, 2013

A fast-paced action game co-developed by PlatinumGames and Kojima Productions. It follows ninja-cyborg Raiden's activities four years after the events of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

How is the Revengeance hype for the PC version?

• 64 results
    golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

I beat the game and I beat the DLC (Sam and Blade Wolf) and I was really impressed by everything in the game. I'm currently going through the game on Hard to clean up my Codex conversations and just to fight more stuff and I'm having a blast.

I heard the PC version has a boss rush mode or some kind of boss selection thing. How is the PC Rengeance package? How much better is it than the console versions?

roland_d11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

We'll see later today when it is released. The only thing I heard was the size, the preload seems to be about 23GB. Or that is the space the game needs on the hard drive which could make the download a little smaller.

I tried to get into Rising (on 360 and on PS3 via PS+ recently) and simply could not. The fighting system never clicked with me, sadly. I hope it is a good port, though.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It is locked at 1080p and should be 60 fps. We should know more later on.

billymaysrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfortunately, besides from the fact that it's locked at 1080p and should be running at 60fps, there isn't much information being released about the port.

The additions are, the boss rush mode you mentioned, a "CUTSCENES" option that lets you play all of the cutscenes, a "CODECS" option that lets you play all and any codec conversation scenes. The game comes packaged with all of the DLC and skins.

Besides from that Kojima said that the game is pretty on the pc, and that the shadows look really good. That's about it. We'll see when it unlocks. It's a great game, with great combat, and sweet bosses, so I'm excited.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

My Revengeance hype circles steadily around the zero mark. I've never played a Metal Gear game so I don't know any backstory (don't know if that diminishes the experience in some way). But people keep saying it's pretty cool so I, at least, hope it's a nice port. If so, maybe I'll check it out when I get hungry for some quality character action.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

If it doesn't run like arse I might buy it. That said I'm not a fan of the shady shit they've got going with region locking a digital PC game. In a country they don't like? You can't buy this digital game then. Even in Japan.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Less than 4 hours until it unlocks. Braced for disappointment but hopefully everything goes smoothly, I held off from replaying it yet again on console for this.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By StarFoxA

That's not the end of the world. 1080p is a solid resolution. Sucks for people with 1440p or better monitors, though.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starfoxa said:

@jimmyfenix said:

That's not the end of the world. 1080p is a solid resolution. Sucks for people with 1440p or better monitors, though.

these people have durante who fixes a lot of this stuff after a few days of the actual release.

I am kinda hyped fr this game. It will be my first time playing this and for 15 Euro it was a real steal so hopefully I will enjoy it^^

jclane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By jclane
    No Caption Provided

That is merely a fraction of my true for-I mean hype.

EDIT: Or rather it would be if I could get on Steam, dammit!

EDIT 2: Game's unpacking likes it the Law of the Wild!

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Darji

Looks like Durante already unlocked higher resolutions than 1080P so a file or patch should be just a matter of time^^

His screenshot was in 3840 x 2160

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Played through the prologue. Looks pretty with everything set to high. I get some weird chugging having my Zimbabwe pieces set to high, though, so I may lower that to medium, though I do love me some Zangeif slices.

Also, am I missing something, or is there no V-Sync option? I generally don't play games with V-Sync on, but it's strange not seeing an option for it.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Running it fullscreen 1080p made HUD elements flicker and the framerate locked down to 50, but when I bumped the setting down to 1680x1050 it still ran at 1080, only without the issues. Magic.

AMD crossfire broke everything but it runs great even with a single 6870, Durante fixes can only make it better.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Played the first mission and loving it so far. The rock steady framerate already makes this worth buying over the console versions even if something prevents a resolution fix. Only minor complaint is the mouse cursor appears in the middle of the screen in the menus even though I'm using a controller.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played the first mission and loving it so far. The rock steady framerate already makes this worth buying over the console versions even if something prevents a resolution fix. Only minor complaint is the mouse cursor appears in the middle of the screen in the menus even though I'm using a controller.

And in the gosh-darned cutscenes. I have to move it all the way to the corner! Ugh. This is why PC games are dying.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_nubster said:

@superfluousmoniker said:

And in the gosh-darned cutscenes. I have to move it all the way to the corner! Ugh. This is why PC games are dying.

Exactly right.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@superfluousmoniker said:

Hear hear! Gabe Newell? More like Gabe Ne'er-do-well, am I right!?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess I will wait till I get my new PC in 2 weeks or so. Otherwise I would play it in 720P on low with 30-40 FPS...

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

does the pc version have the DLC?

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@riboflavin: Yes.

Also I just did the Monsoon fight, and you know that part where he throws the big Katamari ball of tanks and cars at you and you can put the framerate to single digits on console by blademode slashing until your meter runs out? Only went down to mid 40s on my 2 year old rig at max settings.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
    deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i was super excited for the game back before it came out on consoles...until i played it. the controls ruined the game for me and i never bought it. ill definitely wait for a price drop and to make sure there are no technical problems...

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Game runs great for me and I'm having a blast playing it. Definitely worth the wait for me.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems pretty cool so far. I was a bit worried when the game started in window mode but it seems like a decent port.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#26  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I would get this in a second on Steam if I hadn't already played through the game on console. I'm real happy this is a thing though for Pc users though. Great game.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tips for new users since some say the game didn't emphasize this enough on the console versions.

PARRY. PARRY. PARRY. defensive offensive. PARRY. PARRY. PARRY.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@starfoxa said:

@jimmyfenix said:

these people have durante who fixes a lot of this stuff after a few days of the actual release.

I am kinda hyped fr this game. It will be my first time playing this and for 15 Euro it was a real steal so hopefully I will enjoy it^^

This is the worst attitude, some random community member shouldn't be task with or expected to fix a companies sloppy work... ever. Modder's should be doing exactly that, not filling in for post release support.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By altairre

Just some information for people thinking about buying this: It seems like this game has some sort of always online DRM and won't work offline. If you have a problem with that don't buy it I guess. Otherwise it's a great game and you should probably support it if you like character action games.

@dudeglove said:

Is this the game DmC should have been?

Now that's a loaded question if I've ever seen one.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By korwin

A game with an over-inflated difficulty brought on by and awful fixed camera and pause menu based item usage system? No.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay it looks good but I have a few fundamental issues with the game and the port

First the port... I'm victim of the fullscreen 24fps framerate bug which means I have to play in Windowed mode to get 60fps (luckily I have software to make it appear like it's fullscreen mode)

The 'DRM' is most likely a bug to do with cloud saves as the is no mention of it on the store page and the is no apparent form of logging in or anything like that whilst playing.

Nowww for the game

It's fun, but the camera is pretty bad and the blocking system feels counter-intuitive thus far... the combat tutorial was awful.

The cutscenes at the start of the game interrupted the gameplay too often, the flow was destroyed after the first boss encounter.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By golguin

@korwin said:

@dudeglove said:

A game with an over-inflated difficulty brought on by and awful fixed camera and pause menu based item usage system? No.

Camera isn't a problem and you place an item on your quick use list (health). When are you pausing a menu to use items? What items are you using?

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin said:

@korwin said:

@dudeglove said:

Camera isn't a problem and you place an item on your quick use list (health). When are you pausing a menu to use items? What items are you using?

I'm just trying to point out how stupid the "DmC was terrible" argument is, all they did was bring game up to current 3rd person character action standards with regards to controls (we moved on from fixed camera's for a reason).

hakunin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

For all the newcommers:

Loading Video...

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By gike987

Game runs perfectly so far. I'm playing with a controller but I tried the first VR mission with mouse and keyboard and that seems to work just as well and all the keys are rebindable. The only bad part seem to be that the game won't run at over 1080p (not that I have checked but that are the reports) and that the game won't work offline. It doesn't seem to be online DRM as much as the game just crashing on startup if it can't find an internet connection but I could be wrong, anyhow you can't play it offline.

Game seems pretty fun so far but it's way too easy (just beat Mistral and played a bit of the mission after that), I think I should have stated on hard.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waiting for the game to unpack

You know, as much as people talk about the zanyiness of the game's story. I seriously hope there's no lag input, the combat is so smooth on consoles

hakunin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By hakunin

@gike987 said:

I think I should have stated on hard.

Yeah, if you're used to playing these sort of games games Hard mode is the place to start. Unlike some games *chough*DmC*chough* you don't have to play through once just to get a fairly challenging difficulty mode.

You could also use the Konami code to unlock all the difficulty modes from the start if you wanted...

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Urgh. Sitting here waiting 30 minutes for the pre-load to unpack makes me wonder if pre-loading was really worth it... (and I've got some Volgarr to watch here a a couple of minutes...)...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just heard about the always online drm. no thanks.

RockyRaccoon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The word is it's some sort of bug involving steam_api.dll. I'll reserve judgment until we know more but I doubt Konami's out to off themselves.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#42  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

@ervonymous said:
    @billymagnum said:

The word is it's some sort of bug involving steam_api.dll. I'll reserve judgment until we know more but I doubt Konami's out to off themselves.

Yeah, one of the Platinum guys on Twitter is literally telling people to use a cracked version of Steam right now so the game will work offline. It's a bug involving Steamworks, not an intentional choice by the developer/publisher.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billymagnum said:

@taku128 said:

@ervonymous said:
    @billymagnum said:

Yeah, one of the Platinum guys on Twitter is literally telling people to use a cracked version of Steam right now so the game will work offline. It's a bug involving Steamworks, not an intentional choice by the developer/publisher.

thanks guys, news to me

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sigh, so glad I bought this. So basically I spent over 100 bucks on this game, Bought it day one, bought all the DLC and now bought it for PC. I still love the quickiness in the combat and the designs of the interface is what I love. I'm not going to lie when I say I kinda think some of the designs of the world are bland like a PS2 game, but still I enjoy the whole blurs and effects inside blade mode. It's what I want in games, makes me feel like I'm 7 and high on sugar doing jump kicks to Kenny Loggins music.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

here is the first 10min... not a game for me...

Loading Video...

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By golguin

@zurv said:

here is the first 10min... not a game for me...

Loading Video...

Before writing the game off I'd recommend looking at the video above you that was posted by @hakunin

noizy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Urgh. I googled Durante to figure out if it was the guy who fixed Dark Souls. I ended up on a Kotaku thread about Deadly Premonition and started reading comments for some reason.

I need to take a shower now.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played the first mission and loving it. Solid framerate on High (I have a 3GB 7970, so it better be haha). I experienced one crash. It was in the tutorial when I slid into a dummy. That freaked me out, but then I played for a solid hour no problem, so fingers crossed. Near-perfect port from what I can tell.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game obviously has 1080p video cutscenes, didn't see any compression of any sorts. Seems like a great pc version after an hour or so of playing it - if you have higher than 1080p monitor it simply adds black bars

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just played through the first bits, and then replayed it on PS3. It's not like this is the worst port ever, Dark Souls is a funny standard of what we expected from this game. The thing is, this game isn't that remarkable graphically, a lot of it is the interface overlays and filters effects which look sharp in 1080p. Like the opening beach scene in chapter one really shows off why it's an improvement on both versions, better shadows, sharper texture quality, more anti-aliasing. I was honestly shocked I didn't read a third party developer like Blue Point or Armature to help port this and it still has Koji-Pro and Platinum in there because they did a remarkable job.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Just hopping back onto PS3, the game still runs at 60 fps it's resolution has to be something around 720 maybe less, but nothing like interface is really telling me that. Like I said, Dark Souls is really the weirdest standard we kept expecting from Japanese developers.

Still that combat is like Butter, and the biggest improvement is more body parts when slicing up body parts.

And also ran into more bugs and crashes just dicking around with graphic settings. Nothing horrible, the game has odd car cut up moments on the consoles.

No Caption Provided

where are you going sundowner?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.