Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 13, 2001

The follow-up to the 1998 blockbuster, Metal Gear Solid 2 blends tactical stealth and action. This sequel takes the action to an offshore oil cleanup facility seized by terrorists who are holding the President hostage. It helped sell the PS2, featuring advanced AI, physics and cover mechanics for its time, and one of the first postmodern narratives in gaming.

the plot summary

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kashif1

There is a minor error at the end.  It says that the entire incident was to create a soldier on par with snake.  Didn't it say at the end that the actual point of the experiment was to see how well they could control someone.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fr0br0

A lot was said at the end... But yes, the end conclusion was that the incident was one to test censorship the Patriots were going to unleash.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Didn't they state that the S3 plan was both the Sonic Snake Simulation to make a soldier on par with Snake and the Selection for Societal Sanity to see how well the Patriots could control and censor the world?

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I couldn't even tell ya, man. Wasn't the game a VR sim or some shit? I was completely lost.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By fr0br0
    TeflonBilly said:
    "Didn't they state that the S3 plan was both the Sonic Snake Simulation to make a soldier on par with Snake and the Selection for Societal Sanity to see how well the Patriots could control and censor the world?"
    That's what Ocelot was told. But the Patriots had a completely different plan from the beginning.
    MadMatr07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By MadMatr07

Yeah definitely a confusing ending. I actually picked up MGS4 last night and played through Act 1. Needless to say this morning I've been reading all of the plot summaries for MGS 1-3. I played and beat them all but I've forgotten a lot of the story.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.