Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Nov 17, 2004

The third installment in the Metal Gear Solid franchise is swathed in the Cold War, and it's up to a strangely familiar soldier codenamed Naked Snake to keep the Soviet Union and the United States from all-out nuclear war.

Any tips? (Maybe spoilers?)

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

So, does anyone have any tips gameplay wise that I could maybe use for this game? I SOMEHOW made it to the Mountain Top, which I believe is halfway through the game, and I have no idea how I made it here successfully. I tend to be bad at times when it comes to getting through areas without putting people to sleep, and my silencer broke.

Any tips other than "Hey, don't suck" or "hide more"?

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jimmyfenix

I used alot of CQC in that game. But when i got fed up i had a sniper rifle with me to pick people off. Use your camouflage more it will help.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By donchipotle

Use the motion sensor and the microphone. Thermal goggles also help out in finding dudes and also food. If you have the Mosin Nagat (do you have that?) you can snipe dudes without killing them.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

With the right camo you can get way closer to guards than you would have thought, I pretty sure got through most of the mountain top by just crawling past people. Other than that, study the map as occasionally you will see pretty obvious routes through the map.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Yeah use proper camo and sneak past em.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.