Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jun 12, 2008

In 2014, war has become so routine that it is at the core of the global economy. A rapidly aging Solid Snake picks up his gun and embarks upon his final mission in this epic tale of tactical espionage action -- the conclusion to the Solid Snake saga.

New Game Plus?

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By huntad

So, I am on my New Game +, and I'm wondering - Can I start a new game + after this I finish this new game + that I'm already on. Essentially, can I do new game ++?

And lastly, how many new game + can I have? I want to unlock the stealth camo and bandana, then go on to unlock all the medals.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By huntad

Come on guys I need this answered just real quick. I need to make a decision right now based on what you guys can tell me.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

If you're asking if you can keep all of your guns and stuff then yes. I completed the game 4 times until I got every gun.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By huntad

@insane_shadowblade85: Okay, so you completed it once, then loaded and started again, then completed it on that save file and did the same thing after? So you have a ...........new game ++++? I'm just being specific, because I might not be able to afford the stealth camo and the bandana on this playthrough, but I already started my new game plus.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Nottle

I don't see why DP, camo, and weapons wouldn't carry over again, but I've only played through th game twice. The game is meant to be plaed over and over until you get the Big Boss medal.

Sorry, i can't be much help. I played MGS1 and 2 like 6 times each and I seem to remember the special items would always be with you on every subsequent playthough.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By huntad

@Nottle: Did you beat the game twice on the same file? Will it let you start a new game off of that file allowing you to beat it for a third time? That's all I'm wondering. I want to beat it 5+ times, so I'm wondering if it'll allow me to do so on the same file. Thanks for your help.

The weapons, for sure, will carry over. I'm just wondering if the game allows me to even start a new game after I beat it two times.

insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huntad said:

@insane_shadowblade85: Okay, so you completed it once, then loaded and started again, then completed it on that save file and did the same thing after? So you have a ...........new game ++++? I'm just being specific, because I might not be able to afford the stealth camo and the bandana on this playthrough, but I already started my new game plus.

From what I can remember, yes. I haven't played the game in a year so things are a little fuzzy but you definitely keep whatever you unlock/bought during your previous playthrough. During my second, and so on, playthrough I used the Rail Cannon/Rifle thing against the geckos(sp?) and used the young snake face camo. The "Tanegashima" (I think that's what it was called) was fun to use too.

Basically what I'm saying is, you'll keep everything; you just have to get to the point where you meet Otocon's little robot thing before you get access to it again.

SuperCycle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By SuperCycle

I've beaten the game many, many times each time starting over with the equipment I had previously. So yes, New game plus carries over multiple times. SUNLIGHT!

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By huntad

@insane_shadowblade85: Alright, well if you beat it over 2 times and kept your weapons, then that answers my question. Thanks! I appreciate it.

insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huntad said:

@Nottle: Did you beat the game twice on the same file? Will it let you start a new game off of that file allowing you to beat it for a third time? That's all I'm wondering. I want to beat it 5+ times, so I'm wondering if it'll allow me to do so on the same file. Thanks for your help.

The weapons, for sure, will carry over. I'm just wondering if the game allows me to even start a new game after I beat it two times.

Oooh, that's what you meant. I think it's as easy as every other game. Just load up the cleared save file and you're good to go as many times as you want; I read that you can just save over it after you start your new game +. I almost always used only one save file during that time, so you shouldn't have any problems going new game +++ etc.

insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huntad said:

@insane_shadowblade85: Alright, well if you beat it over 2 times and kept your weapons, then that answers my question. Thanks! I appreciate it.

No problem man, the Tanegamshima (I think that's what is called) is an awesome gun but is only affective outside, so yeah, you should definitely check that out once you can buy it.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By huntad

@insane_shadowblade85 said:

@huntad said:

No problem man, the Tanegamshima (I think that's what is called) is an awesome gun but is only affective outside, so yeah, you should definitely check that out once you can buy it.

Yeah, I really wanna get it, but the stealth camo just seems really tempting. Well, I'm going to play the crap outta the game anyways, so I'll have everything eventually. Thanks again! :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.