Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jun 12, 2008

In 2014, war has become so routine that it is at the core of the global economy. A rapidly aging Solid Snake picks up his gun and embarks upon his final mission in this epic tale of tactical espionage action -- the conclusion to the Solid Snake saga.

Raiden??

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Z3RO180

ok so i have played throw mgs4 and i have payed really close atention to the story but i have not heard how ryden became a cyborg and guess ing from the raiden ending im guessing that he was given a new atrifical body but it looked more human cause you can tell cause he has bar codes on his arms and he has thoses slits in his back so he can be conected on that machine that cleans his blood.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By GunslingerPanda

im pretty shore its explained in that mgs bible thing on psn so you should go download that because i cant remember what it was lmao xddd

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

I can't remember the details, but I think he had it done purposely to stand a chance at rescuing Sunny, Olga Gurlokovich's daughter, from the Patriots. This happened in between MGS2/MGS4.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Baillie

He was tasked with retrieving Big Boss's remains for the Patriots, but he subsequently got caught while doing so. The Patriots held him prisoner and started doing tests on him, specifically exoskeleton. Thus, turning him into what we now know as Cyborg Raiden.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Benny

Raiden had the barcodes in MGS2, but the body seems artificial along with his blood. I seem to recall they were going to explain this a little bit more in Rising but that's a totally different game now.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By N7

He was in the process of rescuing Sonny from Area 51 with the help of Big Mama, but got caught and turned into a Cyborg.

Of course, no one ever thought anything was wrong with building the ultimate soldier, beating him, torturing him, and stealing his body was a bad idea. So then they turn him into a cyborg and shit got reeeeeeeel.

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SpaceRunaway

Yes, he was captured and tortured by the Patriots.

Edit:  In the cyclical nature of the MGS story, it is similar to what was done to Grey Fox.

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Z3RO180

@N7: so they actually stole his body and placed his head from the jaw up and his spin was put into a Cyborg body??

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By lego_my_eggo

I remember something about removing nano machines, since they are all over the body the only way to get rid of them was to turn him into a cyborg and remove his blood. there was also talk of being captured in AREA 51 before MGS4 happened. check the database on PSN to make sure.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By N7
    @Z3RO180: Yep. First they stole his blood before the Plant Chapter. Then afterwards they did to him what they did to Gray Fox.
    Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Z3RO180

@N7: man that is nastey one minute you a normal dude then next thing your head and spine are taken and put on to an artifical body that makes you a badass ninja that dousent feel pain and makes to hit harder and jump higher....whats the down side again???

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By N7
    @Z3RO180 said:

@N7: man that is nastey one minute you a normal dude then next thing your head and spine are taken and put on to an artifical body that makes you a badass ninja that dousent feel pain and makes to hit harder and jump higher....whats the down side again???

The downside is it rained the day he was born.
    Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Z3RO180

@N7: lol

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do you go from typing Raiden to ryden to raiden?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.