Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Game » consists of 60 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

A compilation of several remastered Metal Gear titles: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, plus hundreds of VR missions and both classic MSX2 Metal Gear games.

Did they really take out the dream sequence?! (Spoilers?)

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

So I haven't played the "sub" versions of MGS2 or 3. However I do remember in the original Snake Eater that if you saved while you were in prison quit and then reloaded you were were thrown into a dream sequence where you were killing vampires. After the dream was over Snake would wake up. If you called Paramedic she'd make fun of you for being scared of Dracula and if you called Sigint he would tell you about his dream where everyone was being attacked by a shit tank and turning into shit.

Here it is if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

WHY WAS THIS NOT INCLUDED!? Was it not in the Subsistence version of the game or did they decide not to carry it over into the HD version? What happened?

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Ramone

I did not know that was in the original game, I feel ashamed.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By musubi

Yeah there were a few little things like that that they took out of the game. I think there were a few minor things altered in MGS2 as well not sure.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@Demoskinos said:

Yeah there were a few little things like that that they took out of the game. I think there were a few minor things altered in MGS2 as well not sure.

I remember in MGS2 if that one dude pissed on your head the Colonel and Rose would laugh at you but I didn't find it in the HD collection.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Jack268
    @SethPhotopoulos said:

@Demoskinos said:

I remember in MGS2 if that one dude pissed on your head the Colonel and Rose would laugh at you but I didn't find it in the HD collection.

That's still there. They took out the skateboarding demo however, probably because the game it was demoing came out like 10 years ago.
    M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By M_Shini

Technical or legal issue? Idk why they would since it was totally a cool and funny moment and taking it out makes the experience less cool.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@Jack268 said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@Demoskinos said:

That's still there. They took out the skateboarding demo however, probably because the game it was demoing came out like 10 years ago.

The conversation wouldn't activate for me for some reason.

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By SpaceRunaway

It's in Subsistence for sure.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PillClinton

INTOLERABLE SACRILEGE.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jack268
    @SethPhotopoulos: You need to call the colonel yourself, he doesn't call you.
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@Jack268 said:

@SethPhotopoulos: You need to call the colonel yourself, he doesn't call you.

Yeah. All he did was tell me I should go. Maybe I timed it wrong or something.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By beforet

:( That dream sequence was so cool. Hell it could have been a decent game by itself. In fact, wasn't it a demo for an aborted action game? If that is the case, my guess would be that it was legal issues.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@Beforet said:

:( That dream sequence was so cool. Hell it could have been a decent game by itself. In fact, wasn't it a demo for an aborted action game? If that is the case, my guess would be that it was legal issues.

I don't know. It was supposed to be a Konami game and Konami published the HD collection. I'm no lawyer though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.