Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Game » consists of 60 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

A compilation of several remastered Metal Gear titles: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, plus hundreds of VR missions and both classic MSX2 Metal Gear games.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence on PSN

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By wrighteous86

Has anyone bought the digital download version of MGS3 off of PSN? I'm wondering if the download will include MG1 and 2 with it? If not, I may just have to get the disc.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Karl_Boss

I would assume they are included considering you access those games through MGS3.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By wrighteous86

@Guided_By_Tigers: Ah, I had it on PS2 and thought they were on the bonus disc. If they're on the same disc I guess you're right. Thanks.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#4  Edited By Hector

Does the PSN version share the same save files with the disk version?

ma_rc_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ma_rc_01

I thought the HD disk did NOT have substance and subsistance, they were the older versions of the game, so one can guess that they do not have them. That means no skateboarding.

ThePaleKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ThePaleKing

They weren't included on that trilogy collection for the PS2, because that only came with the primary disc.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Nottle

@ma_rc_01 said:

I thought the HD disk did NOT have substance and subsistance, they were the older versions of the game, so one can guess that they do not have them. That means no skateboarding.

No, for the most part you get the releases updates on the HD version. You have the new camera in MGS3, the I Like MGS options, MG1 and 2, however I don't think secret theater, Boss Rush, MGO or Snake Vs. the Monkey is there. May be wrong about some of those, but I played MG1 and 2.

MGS 2 has its theater mode plus the snake ops and the trial modes. I haven't seen skateboarding.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Zleunamme

The digital copy of Subsistence should have MG and MG2. The only thing that was not included was the Ape Escape mini-game. When you purchase the game, there should be a wall of text describing what's included.

I bought the collectors edition of the HD collection when it came out last year. It came with an awesome hardcover art book. I was bummed out that the skateboard mini-game was not included in Substance. I know that people thought that its a bad skateboarding game but I had fun with it when it was on PS2.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dichemstys

@Nottle said:

@ma_rc_01 said:

No, for the most part you get the releases updates on the HD version. You have the new camera in MGS3, the I Like MGS options, MG1 and 2, however I don't think secret theater, Boss Rush, MGO or Snake Vs. the Monkey is there. May be wrong about some of those, but I played MG1 and 2.

MGS 2 has its theater mode plus the snake ops and the trial modes. I haven't seen skateboarding.

Yeah, some of those are part of the trophies for the game, so I'd assume Boss Rush is in there.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Baillie

This should be detailed in the wiki!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.