Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Game » consists of 60 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

A compilation of several remastered Metal Gear titles: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, plus hundreds of VR missions and both classic MSX2 Metal Gear games.

New voice work for Metal Gear Solid HD Collection?

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AuthenticM

Source

This scares me. We don't know if he's talking only of the Japanese version or the US or both, and we don't know if he's changing the actors or if they're the same but are simply rerecording dialogue, but still. Twin Snakes had (mostly) the same actors redoing a new script, and while it was overall fine, there were some worse things to the new work compared to the original (Campbell and Naomi in particular). Besides, nothing in the entire collection needs new recording. The Metal Gear franchise boasts some of the best voice acting in the entire video game catalogue. Nothing needs to be reworked. What the hell Konami.

Maybe this is too soon to panic. Chances are that Kojima is simply adding stuff or making small changes to correct continuity errors or the like. I hope so.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RE_Player1

I think it's too soon to panic.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Grissefar

Kojima just tweeted: for the english cast, only David Hayter is going to be replaced, by Nolan North. The script will remain unchanged.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Hizang

Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes was completly re-recorded so it would not suprise me.

Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kandycane2029
    @Grissefar said:

Kojima just tweeted: for the english cast, only David Hayter is going to be replaced, by Nolan North. The script will remain unchanged.

Well, it was fun while it lasted.
    beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By beforet

@Grissefar said:

Kojima just tweeted: for the english cast, only David Hayter is going to be replaced by, Nolan North. The script will remain unchanged.

I am fine with this.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Chop

I was under the impression they were just making new recordings for the tutorials and what not.  Unless I'm remembering wrong, several buttons are referred to by name in the series and that might be a little strange on the Xbox. 

Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Surkov
    @AuthenticM said:

Source

This scares me. We don't know if he's talking only of the Japanese version or the US or both, and we don't know if he's changing the actors or if they're the same but are simply rerecording dialogue, but still. Twin Snakes had (mostly) the same actors redoing a new script, and while it was overall fine, there were some worse things to the new work compared to the original (Campbell and Naomi in particular). Besides, nothing in the entire collection needs new recording. The Metal Gear franchise boasts some of the best voice acting in the entire video game catalogue. Nothing needs to be reworked. What the hell Konami.

Maybe this is too soon to panic. Chances are that Kojima is simply adding stuff or making small changes to correct continuity errors or the like. I hope so.

I agree with all of this. 
    AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AuthenticM

@Chop said:

I was under the impression they were just making new recordings for the tutorials and what not. Unless I'm remembering wrong, several buttons are referred to by name in the series and that might be a little strange on the Xbox.

I did not think of this. You are absolutely right. I hope this is the only thing they change.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By dagas

They should use the original. I hated the voices in Twin Snake because Naomi had lost her British accent all of a sudden.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Barrock

@Grissefar said:

This a joke?

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Dany

If anything, the reason this would happen is the audio quality is not great. I doubt they would recast folks for it..right?

Eribuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#13  Edited By Eribuster
    @dagas: Got to have more of Jennifer Hale's British accent, right? 

I've only played The Twin Snakes version of Metal Gear Solid (1) to the end and they decided to make the voices less goofy. I've played a demo of the PC version of MGS1 and remember Mei Ling's thick Chinese accent. At the time, I didn't know whether to laugh or feel insulted. Wait, I think I laughed and smiled at it.
    Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Metal Gear?!

Seriously though, replacing David Hayter as the voice of Snake? That's sacrilege, even if it is Nolan North. It's like if you switched Harrison Ford for Bruce Willis. Yeah, they're both good, but I wouldn't buy Bruce Willis as Indiana Jones, and I wouldn't buy Harrison Ford as John McClane.
    SuperCycle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SuperCycle

As long as the main cast is the same: Snake, Otacon, Ocelot, Colonel Campbell, Raiden... Hell, just don't change anyone. I want all the same voice actors.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.