Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Game » consists of 60 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

A compilation of several remastered Metal Gear titles: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, plus hundreds of VR missions and both classic MSX2 Metal Gear games.

Why is this coming out so late in Europe?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is coming out in a few weeks in the US, but for all of the non US people out there it's coming out in February, which is just so crazy. I mean why is this?

Devoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Devoid

Videogames hate Europe. And by extension, Australia. It's a conspiracy, I tell ya.

Or it's got something to do with publishers. I dunno.

woqii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By woqii

It was the same with the gow HD release. Just import it, should arrive to you at pretty much the same price in a week or two max.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By WalkerTR77

I was gutted when I found out about the delay. I was heavily anticipating getting this and Skyrim on Christmas day but now that's not happening. I don't see why they couldn't put this out on games on demand to appease us. I'm on 360, so I can't even import it since they chose to region lock it.

I wonder if there were some kind of uproar/petition over this then Konami might implement some kind of solution. There hasn't even been a statement on the reason for the delay. Overall a very poor performance.

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By SerHulse

Say NO! to Oceans.

Also, could someone with more Klout than I tell Sony to let Europeans import PS3 games from America or Japan, if you aren't going to release them here for christ's sake let us import them, it's madness I say!

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By AlexW00d

Racism.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By BulletproofMonk

@Hulsey90:

PS3 games are region free. You can import them.

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SerHulse

@BulletproofMonk: You literally can't, try going to Play-Asia, or Amazon.com, it will straight up tell you that any PS3 games you are trying to ship to Europe cannot do that. It's maddening I was trying to get some PS3 games not to long ago (Yakuza Of The End & Afrika) couldn't do it.

The fact that the PS3 is region free makes it even more crazy.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

@Hulsey90: Funny you mention that, I just put my order in for this on Play-Asia and it went right through no problems. I live in the UK and although I've experienced that annoyance many a time, the last being Catherine, this wasn't one of those times.

Although, I still half expect them to cancel my order.

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SerHulse

@dekkadekkadekka: I've tried with at least 5 different games over and over, can't get it to go through, I heard it's pretty common so that's why I think Sony has something to do with it.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nottle

European extreme isn't built in a day.

dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

@Hulsey90: Sony absolutely has something to do with it, remember Lik-Sang? Their farewell message is still up at lik-sang.com

I guess that scared some retailers into giving up. But, like I said, my order went through, so I guess I'm lucky in this instance?

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bocam

@dekkadekkadekka: Europe's Bluray region is different then America's/Japan's it won't work

dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

@Bocam: Movies yes, games no. I have several US releases which all work fine. In fact, I have a couple US Blurays that also work fine on the PS3.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bocam

@dekkadekkadekka: I did not know that. So I guess my European PS3 isn't worthless

HarlechQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HarlechQuinn

@Hulsey90: You might try planetaxel.com for importing US releases. Probably not the fastest ones, as they will send it from Canada to their European hubs first and from there to you, but this spares you to deal with customs (for Playasia I usually have to go to customs to get my package) but so far they seem reliable, at least for me.

On further note the games usually seem to be the Canadian version, so English and French language confirmed.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Ravenlight

European Extreme mode wasn't extreme enough. They had to delay it to make the appropriate changes.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By lord_canti

we also dont have shin megami tensi :devil survivor overclocked the gaming community hates us

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By Hizang

I suppose it really is a good thing, because with Skyrim and U3/MW3 multiplayer and upcoming Saints Row and Zelda I would have no good time to play MGS, where as in February I will.

Hameyadea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hameyadea

The planes fly over Bermuda Triangle, get stuck in a Lost-like adventure before figuring out how to escape and finally reach the GMT timezone.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Levius

Just play Xenoblade out of spite.

Outrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By Outrack

I used to think the delay was due to localization and adding in all the additional languages needed for a European release, but there's really no reason I can see for a delay this long. Kojima's been good to EU gamers in the past by giving them extra stuff to make up for the delay though (most of the Subsistence additions in MGS3:SN, Special Edition of ZoE 2, radio drama in Ghost Babel etc), so with any luck we'll get some bonus content.

Hameyadea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hameyadea

Kojima Production has a long history of delayed European releases, but they make up for it (In MGS 2's case, they behind-the-scenes documentary was included in the regular edition, opposed to the North American market who could receive it only with the Special Edition. In MGS 3's case, the European Extreme was in the game. And in Subsistence's case, the regular edition had the same content as the NA market's Special Edition - 1 game disc + 1 extras disc + 1 MGS 3 Movie disc). Maybe we'll get Snake vs. Monkey and all the other cut content?

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Karl_Boss

Europeans don't like MGS, actually the Japanese don't like MGS very much either.....MGS is most popular in North America which is why Konami released MGS 3 in America first.

Ahoydizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ahoydizzle

Because to release the game in Europe the have to localise the game for several different languages (French, German, Italian, ect) as well as English.

If you want to play it early I recommend importing it through a website like Playasia.com, that's what I did last month.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.