Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Apr 29, 2010

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is the latest portable entry in the Metal Gear franchise, and the second canonical Metal Gear title produced for the PSP. Set in Costa Rica, Peace Walker puts you in control of Big Boss once again as he prepares the rise of Outer Heaven.

So Peace Walker wasn't nominated for best story?

• 54 results
    Avatar image for imayellowfellow
    imayellowfellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By imayellowfellow

im not sure if you can tell but after listening to those awards you should realize they only play the games they like

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By Enigma777
    @sixghost said:
    " @Enigma777 said:
    " @sixghost: And since it is more than a little interesting, you now see the point I raised about it's lack of mention... "
    You think they just forgot? It wasn't mentioned for a reason. It's just the latest leader in the polygon count arms race, all tech, no style. "
    So why did they nominate Hot Pursuit then? The artstyle? [insert raised eyebrow emote here]
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No PSP game has been reviewed since 2009 on this site. I'm bummed about a no PSP-Only GotY, but it's better that they don't try and fill out a category when they might have only finished 2 games between the four of them. Also, since there's no Peace Walker review, I doubt Brad finished the game, and you can't nominate a game for "Best Story" if you haven't seen the entire story.

As for GoW3 for Best-Looking, it's pretty obvious they forgot about it. It's very impressive, but it doesn't stand out in the least. On the other hand, I still remember being blown away seeing the fog and lighting for the first time in Alan Wake in all its HD glory. Technically, GoW3 is vastly superior, but that's why they called it "Best-Looking." I also remember being floored by how Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit looked and how fantastic the crashes were. For God of War 3, I remember it looking really good and the camera / perspective shifts to be pretty awesome, but nothing about the style or art of the game stood out in my mind in the same way as all the games they mentioned.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#54  Edited By ESREVER

I'm pretty sure 999's story trumped all. However, no one played it and barely knows of its existence. 
    Unfortunate, but not much you can do about it. 

I assume its the same case for Peace Walker. Although, I haven't played it yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.