Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Apr 29, 2010

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is the latest portable entry in the Metal Gear franchise, and the second canonical Metal Gear title produced for the PSP. Set in Costa Rica, Peace Walker puts you in control of Big Boss once again as he prepares the rise of Outer Heaven.

Two Control Types For MGS: Peace Walker

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

He says that he carries the eye mask with him often when out on travel.      
     He says that he carries the eye mask with him often when out on travel.      

Kojima Productions new blog page, khown as Kojiblog, has revealed some snippets of info on the companies latest handheld stealth adventure, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

According to Kojima's latest posting, gamers will be able to choose from control types: "Shooter Type" and" Action Type". The difference between the two are the button layout. In the action type mode, you use the PSP D-pad for camera controls. While in the shooting type mode you use the face buttons for camera control. The examples he gives for the action type control include Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops and "Monster Hunter-style games". Shooting type examples include "MGS4 and FPS" games. Kojima's personal preference is shooting type. 

Kojima says that after completion of the TGS download demo, players will receive a Peace Walker wallpaper. 

Elsewhere, Kazuki Muraoka writes that the sound team is preparing to make an announcement of some form at the show.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

Face buttons? What? Did I miss something?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

Face buttons are primary ones.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By eroticfishcake

Oh right. So basically two control sets to satisfy your control needs.

Also, Monster Hunter for the PSP had an awful. Just awful camera. If MGS had that I'd....I wouldn't know what to do.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Griddler

I won't be buying. Didn't have a great experience with Protable Ops. Rising is what I want. Bring on the cyborg-ninja action.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " Oh right. So basically two control sets to satisfy your control needs. Also, Monster Hunter for the PSP had an awful. Just awful camera. If MGS had that I'd....I wouldn't know what to do. "

This is them basically making two control types to suit the East and West., hopefully it will be done with more success than MGS4 did. 

@girdz said:
    " I won't be buying. Didn't have a great experience with Protable Ops. Rising is what I want. Bring on the cyborg-ninja action. "

I think this will be practically a different game, lending more off MGS4 than any earlier games.
    Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Griddler
    @Linkyshinks: Yeahh, but I'd still rather be playing a HD game on a controller with two analog sticks. I find using the face buttons to move the camera really awkward. And I really want to play as Raiden. :P
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JJOR64

"Shooter Mode" sounds a lot easier since you have to use the nub to move Snake.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By breadfan

I wasn't a big fan of Portable Ops' control system, it really made me want to stop playing the game

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks

Latest Famitsu scans reveal characters:   

No Caption Provided
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11  Edited By Al3xand3r

Neat cast. Shooting type sounds like the better control mode, though by no means perfect. If Portable Ops had this it wouldn't have been such a chore to play (but it was so worth it to me, I loved every other bit of it, and hope some of its elements make their way to this game).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.