Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Apr 29, 2010

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is the latest portable entry in the Metal Gear franchise, and the second canonical Metal Gear title produced for the PSP. Set in Costa Rica, Peace Walker puts you in control of Big Boss once again as he prepares the rise of Outer Heaven.

What is the combat staff for?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Sackmanjones

So I just started the game (at the lav fight) but I was just curious about the affects of the combat unit. I know the two other ones I have now play a significant purpose but I'm confused on combat staff. Thanks for the help

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By MikkaQ

Eventually you get to send your combat unit on ops of their own, then you see the results after your mission. If you capture tanks, helicopters or whatever you can use those too.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By landon

I think if your combat unit's level is high then you also unlock new guns.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By DocHaus

Eventually you will have five different units: Combat, R&D, Mess Hall, Medical and Intel. Combat can be used for Outer Ops missions and adds BNP (or whatever the money is called) to your pile so you can research new gear through your R&D unit. Also, for some weapons your unit's total level will have to be at a certain point.

You can take units from the Combat Unit and play as them in game if you think they have similar or better stats than Snake. Or if you play co-op and someone else takes Snake instead.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Sackmanjones

Cool this has been really helpful. I found it weird that it's open from the beginning but never explained

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.