Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 18, 2014

The stand-alone prelude to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, giving players a taste of the new open-world gameplay mechanics while setting up the main game's story, as Snake (Big Boss) must infiltrate a prison camp to rescue his comrades.

David Hayter sound clips found in PC version

• 50 results
    Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0RcIzytBLtK

http://gamingbolt.com/david-hayter-sound-files-found-in-metal-gear-solid-5-ground-zeroes-medics-face-finally-uncovered

What do you think of this? It's clearly David Hayter. Why would it even be in the files?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By csl316

As someone that just watched some breakdowns of MGS2... Kojima does what he wants.

Hayter is in this game.

Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lab392

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-fPDu5vqRc&feature=youtu.be&t=4m13s

Nevermind. Those are probably clips of Raiden's voice from the extra missions.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kojima trolling us again by inserting a sound file of Hayter.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't care. I think Kiefer is really good as Big Boss.

Avatar image for deactivated-598d846d3a52a
    deactivated-598d846d3a52a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Kiefer. Hayter soured me when he started acting like a child on Twitter. To be honest, I would be totally bummed out and annoyed if he did end up staring in TPP.

Galamoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I hate Kiefer. But I like the idea of Big Boss and Solid having different voices. Now if only Konami could get over their brand recognition obsession and stop calling Big Boss "snake."

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Corevi
    @galamoth said:

Now if only Konami could get over their brand recognition obsession and stop calling Big Boss "snake."

But he is Snake. In MGS3 he was Naked Snake before he became Big Boss. The only people who refer to him as Snake in the games are people who met him before he started going by Big Boss.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I still think the whole thing is a work. The way Hayter acted on Twitter, the way Kojima dumped him for no reason. None of it makes a lot of sense. There's something weird going on, which is probably the understatement of the century when it comes to Metal Gear.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

I still think the whole thing is a work. The way Hayter acted on Twitter, the way Kojima dumped him for no reason. None of it makes a lot of sense. There's something weird going on, which is probably the understatement of the century when it comes to Metal Gear.

When you consider Kojima is a huge 24 fan it makes a lot of sense.

Galamoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Don't be foolish. Kojima is susceptible to certain shitty realities..

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

That line doesn't sound natural. Are we sure it's not just a line from an earlier game or sound test put in to throw us for a loop? Is thinking that very thing just us allowing ourselves to be thrown for a loop?

I can't wait to see what things MGS5 has hidden in it.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snake and boss will meet. It's gonna happen in this game

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#16 rmanthorp  Moderator

I hope the second half of V is just the first two Metal Gear games and you play as Snake killing Boss.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

Still think that Hayter will be Solid Snake, while Kiefer continues to be Big Boss.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Liquid Snake and boss will meet. It's gonna happen in this game

Fixed for accuracy.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soapy86 said:
    @bradbrains said:

Liquid Snake and boss will meet. It's gonna happen in this game

Fixed for accuracy.

That's pretty much confirmed though right? Who else could blonde kid be but Liquid?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

I wouldn't be surprised if they recorded some sample dialogue in early development that accidentally made its way in to the files or something like that. It's easily done.

thevgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If MGS1's main theme was Gene, and MGS2's was Meme, MGS5's is Kiefer Sutherland. He wants to explore the depths of using his voice for different characters, how to efficiently use him as an actor and how to get the most out of him on his stingy-ass Konami budget. And yeah, Hayter is probably in the game as Solid Snake. I think I know enough of the Metal Gear canon (which Kojima confirmed he would retcon) to know that the ending has to involve the big fight between Solid and Big Boss.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kojima trolling us hard once again. I love it.

MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: Blondy could be child soldier Jack / Raiden. No one knows if Phantom Pain Snake is really Big Boss or Solidus yet. Tin foil hat mode engage!!!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mannymar: Raiden is albino though. Pure white hair.

Avatar image for indeedcodybrown
    IndeedCodyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes yes yes. I know he will be in TPP. Any speculation on the medic now that his face is clear?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@milkman said:

My basic attitude going into this whole thing is I don't believe Hayter isn't involved until I'm seeing the goddamn credits roll on TPP whenever they decide to release it.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Corevi
    @indeedcodybrown said:

Any speculation on the medic now that his face is clear?

I've played every canon Metal Gear game and I don't recognize him at all. Seems they were just hiding his face to fuel speculation.

MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: True. I was just trolling a bit to be honest, but since we are dealing with Kojima anything is possible in the MGS universe. Nanomachines son...

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

It won't surprise me one bit if Hayter was in this game the whole time

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: Speaking of credits, what if David Hayter isn't voicing Snake because now he's secretly cowriting Phantom Pain with Kojima? CHEMTRAILS.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I hope the second half of V is just the first two Metal Gear games and you play as Snake killing Boss.

omgyes

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope so..... his big boss is upbeat even after the events of Snake Eater, Peace Walker he's all happy to meet new people and talk about boxes..... Kiefer has like 3 lines or something sounding flat.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That clip is so vague that you could tell me it's our own Solid Scanlon and I'd believe you.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@demoskinos: Speaking of credits, what if David Hayter isn't voicing Snake because now he's secretly cowriting Phantom Pain with Kojima? CHEMTRAILS.

Follow the money!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crithon said:

I really hope so..... his big boss is upbeat even after the events of Snake Eater, Peace Walker he's all happy to meet new people and talk about boxes..... Kiefer has like 3 lines or something sounding flat.

The Phantom Pain is a much darker game though. It's not happy fun cardboard box tank time like Peace Walker was.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like Raiden's voice from the Jamais Vu Extra-Op. The Medic looks super generic, but does indeed sound like Kiefer. Also, I didn't realize it before, but you can see the shrapnel get implanted in Snake's head during that explosion.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@corevi said:
    @crithon said:

The Phantom Pain is a much darker game though. It's not happy fun cardboard box tank time like Peace Walker was.

Chicken hats and bikini clad girls on a cardboard box. Much darker.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Corevi
    @manhattan_project said:

That's how Japan rolls. Peace Walker was way crazier though with the aforementioned Cardboard Box Tank, a human slingshot and a fucking dinosaur version of Metal Gear Rex that is part of a crossover with Monster Hunter.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@rmanthorp: Honestly, having some sort of tie to the first two Metal Gears is one of my greatest hopes. Maybe playing the roll of BB while Solid Snake does his thing.

I just feel that Kojima needs to revisit those stories at some point since such a small part of the audience actually played them. Hell, I'm a big fan but I've never completed both. Read plenty of summaries, though!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By TheHT

@corevi said:
    @crithon said:

Naw man, you don't get it. It's like, he put their ashes on his face.

No Caption Provided

EternalVigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sound clips really sound like either clips from previous games they had as early placeholder voicelines or something they had him do in pre-production. I don't know if it will amount to anything honestly.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#42  Edited By Seikenfreak

@milkman said:

Yeap. Im willing to bet this. The guy who is famous for doing crazy stuff and playing crazy mind games. David Hayter drops out for no reason that we know of that makes sense. Behaves in a way on social media that doesn't make sense.

Probably just another awesome trick. Keifer probably does the voice for the first 20 mins of the game. That'd make budget sense to me as well. I'd rather they spend like 5 million (or some other obscene number) dollars making the game better than having a big name celebrity voice it.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht said:

@manhattan_project said:

@corevi said:
    @crithon said:

Naw man, you don't get it. It's like, he put their ashes on his face.

No Caption Provided

and puppy dogs with missing eye.

I'm just talking about Hayter's voice acting is much more upbeat even when he was a downer in MGS4 he still had some fun moments. Like Shadow Moses was the point where snake was down on his luck but even little bits where he's getting flash backs in the back of his voice you can tell he's having fun. Kiefer has had some good voice acting before in other project but what in Ground Zeroes is pretty meh. The Big Boss model will probably do something silly we will all laugh but I wonder about the voice, like Hayter has developed a difference between Snake and Big Boss with slight inflections.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybw Hayter recorded a couple of lines before Kiefer took over? My hope is that mgs5 will feature a young solid snake that is voiced by Hayter and Big boss will be continued to be voiced by Kiefer. That way both characters don't have the same voice.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Quarters

Hm. I want to believe, but that seems like really questionable evidence. Also, for those thinking that Hayter recorded some lines before Kiefer came in, that's debunked by Hayter himself. When everything got announced, he claimed that he heard they were working on MGSV, called the voice over director to lunch and asked if they would be needing him, and they said no. According to him, he never recorded anything.

Deep down, I still think Hayter's in the game as Solid Snake for a post credits thing or something, tying into Metal Gear 1. Kojima is a crazy perfectionist and has always had a love for the English voice acting, so the idea that he would just make a huge decision like that on a whim and just blow off Hayer seems wildly out of character. Something has never felt like it clicked about the whole story. I think it's a long con.

That being said, I'm not sure this is the proof of that. A few really odd sounding voice samples of three word sentences is sketchy.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

If Phantom Pain doesn't end up having Keifer as Big Boss and Hayter as Solid, then Kojima done fucked up.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't think there is much chance Hayter will be in this game. After the rants he made on twitter it is pretty clear he was upset about not getting the job. Even if he does make a cameo I don't think it's part of some master plan - he still got fucked by not getting the Big Boss role and was annoyed about it. Also, if Solid Snake is in the game I don't think it would make much sense for him to have the gruff Hayter voice as he would be pretty young at that point in the story.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

Keifer is so much of an upgrade over Hayter it's not even funny, it absolutely boggles my mind that people are still pining for David Hayter's voice in this game. His caricatured tough-guy schtick was fine for the PS1 era, but not anymore.

I have a running joke with a friend of mine that dates back to 1998, where we do a Solid Snake voice whenever we're unexpectedly disappointed by something. "What?! They're out of Tutti Frutti?! It caan't beeee!" The reason why it's such an easy voice to impersonate is because, at it's heart, it's a very silly performance. It's camp acting, he's like the Adam West of video games. Which is perfectly adequate in a "it's my destiny to be here... in the boooox!" sort of way, but it's obvious that MGS V's story is largely dropping the campy vibe, and as far as I'm concerned it's the right decision to drop Hayter along with it. Keeping Hayter now is like casting Adam West in the 1989 Batman movie.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Crembaw

@corevi said:
    @crithon said:

There's a chicken suit in The Witcher 2.

Avatar image for librorumprohibitorum
    LibrorumProhibitorum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can't have Big Boss and Solid Snake have the same voice at this point. This should be the final time Big Boss shows up, ever, so why not go all out and have a celebrity voice him for the transition? That's what it sounds like to me. The role won't ever pop up again as this story after Phantom Pain is, in theory, done.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.