Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 18, 2014

The stand-alone prelude to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, giving players a taste of the new open-world gameplay mechanics while setting up the main game's story, as Snake (Big Boss) must infiltrate a prison camp to rescue his comrades.

Share your best runs? (possible gameplay spoilers)

Avatar image for royalewifcheese
    RoyaleWifCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RoyaleWifCheese

I just finished the "Eliminate Renegade Threat" Side Op for the second time. After having a somewhat difficult time my first go-around actually killing the targets all sneaky-like, I decided to go after the "Depth" trophy/achievement which involves extracting the two targets via helicopter as opposed to killing them.

Fortunately, I had a pretty decent and stealthy run. Managed not to kill either target and ended up only killing one dude by mistake.

Feel free to share your best runs!

(Not that it matters, but this was screencapped from the PS4.)

No Caption Provided
    crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

hehe, I'm mostly getting D, I'm lucky to get a B on the main story run. Just taking too muchs time shooting dudes in the face when everything goes bad and hitting the checkpoint button.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bigjeffrey

I've finished like 3 missions so far, very rusty on steAlth but want to get a undetected run.(I keep restarting) So far highest has been a. Will share when I beat,

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes, finally got an A ranking, rescuing the POWs were a huge bonus. 51 minutes only used reflex once but for some reason it didn't count. Main mission.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Had my first playthrough yesterday - 67 minutes, C-rating. I gotta say, the gameplay really surprised me; in a positive way! It's just really fun to play, which (even as a huge metal gear fan) is more than you can say about most games in the series. I'm actually really looking forward to jumping in and giving it another go!

Keifer as Snake (surprisingly) bugged the shit out of me, though!

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had my first playthrough yesterday - 67 minutes, C-rating. I gotta say, the gameplay really surprised me; in a positive way! It's just really fun to play, which (even as a huge metal gear fan) is more than you can say about most games in the series. I'm actually really looking forward to jumping in and giving it another go!

I think he's not given enough lines to really get a feel for the character. I think overall his work is bad but reflecting on it I don't think its him its just he doesn't do any banter with the calls. I really need to go back and play Peace Walker now but I agree this game was a very positive experience for me.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By falserelic

I've finished like 3 missions so far, very rusty on steAlth but want to get a undetected run.(I keep restarting) So far highest has been a. Will share when I beat,

I find myself doing the samething. I'm playing it on hard mode and when I think I'm being sneaky. Some dude comes out of nowhere and I get caught. All I want to do is unlock the Deja Vu mission, but still I don't even find it as interesting as the xbone DLC with Raiden.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pyrodactyl

Got an A rating on my first run through the main mission. Rescued all the prisoners and didn't trip any general alarms. That final run through the camp before the extraction was fucking tense though.

Soldarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got all S Rank on Normal. Will do Hard as well if not for Infamous coming out today. 3 trophies left in Ground Zeroes. Pacifist, all trials and cassettes. The pacifist one was a pain from what I tried of it, about 10 or so runs, real hard to hit people with that pistol from the helicopter. I'll get back to it at some point.

Avatar image for royalewifcheese
    RoyaleWifCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matcept: "Pacifist" took me about forty minutes to get. That gas gun is not very easy to fire from a moving helicopter. Also, I had to redo the whole thing over again because the armored vehicle at the end actually ran over one the dudes I knocked out.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SharkEthic

@zirilius said:

@sharkethic said:

I think he's not given enough lines to really get a feel for the character. I think overall his work is bad but reflecting on it I don't think its him its just he doesn't do any banter with the calls. I really need to go back and play Peace Walker now but I agree this game was a very positive experience for me.

I agree that we'll need to hear more from him before we can judge his performance. I just couldn't look past the fact that it was Keifers voice, though. Made me wish they'd just hired some "no-name" voice actor doing his best David Hayter impression - at least then, I could deal with Snake having a slightly different voice, and not having to deal with Snake now being Jack Bauer.

Why they would ditch David Hayter at this point is fucking beyond me.

Avatar image for stealthmaster86
    Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

It's not going to get much better than this.
    It's not going to get much better than this.

If they hired a "no-name" actor to play Big Boss instead of Kiefer Sutherland, I would have been worried. Hell, Because they got Troy Baker instead of series vet Patric Zimmerman to play Ocelot I'm not that worried about Troy Baker's performance as Ocelot.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stealthmaster86: nice job, the extra prisoners add a bit but only slow you down.

Actually, in the Deja Vu mission Robin Atkin Downes does the voice of Liquid and Ocelot, but it's all done in a silly maner where your thinking it's Kaz doing the voice. There's a game show like audience cheering you on. Just reminds me on recent Quick Look of Infamous Second Son where Jeff mentioned "you know there are more voice actors then Nolan North and Troy Baker." And he's got a point.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

This was the heart pounding ending to my first run. It starts off pretty tame but I just kept getting closer and closer to a heart attack as crap just kept piling on lol

• 0:07 Thought I was spotted
    • 0:42 Realized car was going to see Paz
    • 1:16 Just about fell off of the cliff
    • 1:25 Was sure this was game over.
    Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.