Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

About Quiet... [MAJOR SPOILERS] (2015)

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The boss battle against the tanks was horrible. Though the pay off at the end of the mission was worth it. I really got invested in Ahab and Quiets silent relationship. So yeah, her speaking to save his life was emotionally resonating. Good stuff.

mithhunter55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

So I was not aware of what was going to happen, no back up for my save. I loved having her by my side for most of the game. I didn't get D-Dog until about mission 35. So to me her departure was cool, but from a plan to continue playing the game. Her leaving just sucks.. BUT you can modify a lua file and bring her back so its all good. This way I will have eventually have 100% completion AND still get to have quiet.

@tothenines said:

The boss battle against the tanks was horrible. Though the pay off at the end of the mission was worth it. I really got invested in Ahab and Quiets silent relationship. So yeah, her speaking to save his life was emotionally resonating. Good stuff.

Completely agree about the tank fight. It was terrible. I had to call in so many resupplies. I was one shotted by the tanks a bunch before I learned to just hide behind the building and pop out between shots.

I had to put the little chicken hat on. I still kept dying over and over. I was legitimately upset by the difficulty. Mostly due tot he one hit tank shots that some how bend time and space and follow you while you are diving. I hadn't done any research on mines or rocket launchers. Eventually memorized all the patterns. But the last tank seemed to be very OP and would essentially home a shot on me every fucking time. Then I had to do the last 6 tanks before it again over and over.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TravisRex

@mithhunter55: it's crazy to me that I had no problem taking her out. She takes a shot and there's a period of like 3 seconds before she can shoot again. I shoot her in that time, rinse and repeat, took me maybe 10 minutes.

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Moonshadow101

I agree about the sense of loss. Frankly, after losing Quiet, I really can't get into the game anymore. It just feels kinda... empty.

That said, it's worth pointing out that there's some debate to be had over whether or not she actually dies. The parasite kills people by infesting and colonizing their lungs... but Quiet's lungs are charred, burnt-out husks. It's quite possible that she's not going to suffer the same fate as most people. She would still have become contagious, though, which would explain her decision to disappear into the desert.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d000a93730da
    deactivated-5d000a93730da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@moonshadow101: Not if the parasite had nothing to love off of, as in her lungs aren't giving a place to thrive as they are already burnt crisp

Avatar image for subliminalkitteh
    SubliminalKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quiet doesn't die, she merely leaves the Diamond Dogs, and wanders the desert or maybe even the world to find herself or lose herself to prevent others from getting sick or Cipher from finding her.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Grixxel

As people said already, she does not die, her lungs are burnt to a crisp which is why the parasites basically resorted to having her "breath through her skin". She had to leave cause she would end up infecting Snake and crew. A lot of people misunderstand most of the shit in this game and I don't blame em..

Avatar image for stephanresidentevil
    StephanResidentEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well to be honest, According to the Metal Gear Wiki, it didn't say any about Quiet's death. So who knows she may be alive. Maybe if Kojima can buy Metal Gear off of Konami, maybe he would do a DLC of what happened with Quiet. So who knows.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Blackout62

@stephanresidentevil: Metal Gear Rising 2?

Quiet is recruited by the real Big Boss to go do... something that leads straight into the original Metal Gear. Instead of sniping now she just kicks butt in suitable Platinum fashion like she did to all those Russians in her final mission. She even a remarkably sensible kid sidekick/protege in a young Sniper Wolf.

She even has a butterfly motif so Platinum could give her an unlockable Bayonetta costume.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.