Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

Anyone else still playing MGO? Update and DLC just came out

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

The patch yesterday changed up a ton of stuff, so if you've never played MGO3 or fell off the boat early on now would be a perfect time to jump back in. It added a new mode called Sabotage (free for everyone, not tied to the DLC), the combat knife from MGO2, added a bunch more songs from various Metal Gear and other Kojima games, overhauled the UI and made a bunch of balance changes, mostly for the better IMO. If you're curious about the changes there's a change log here: http://www.konami.jp/mgs_portal/jp/info/?id=821

They also released a $4 DLC pack that includes three new maps and access to Quiet as one of the unique characters in player matches. I've only played her once so far but she's a ton of fun. Two of the new maps, Coral Complex and Rust Palace, are also pretty cool, but so far I'm not feeling the other one Azure Mountain.

Anyone else coming back to MGO like me, or is it too little too late?

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I tried it out when the beta hit pc, didnt care for it much.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The main thing that's kept me away from MGO is that, since I have the PC version, it pretty much requires me to play with keyboard and mouse if I want to be competitive with other players. And I can't stand playing third person shooters with KB+M. I'm only not keen on dealing with P2P online janky-ness; had my fill of that from MGO2. But I may still give it another shot.

Drekly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I'd love to know how many people are playing this still.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@drekly: PC Pop is 5k-10k so "fine" more or less. PS4 is 1k-2k, I can only imagine XBone is probably 400-500. PS3 seems to have roughly the same number of players as PS4. Don't know other than that. Comm Control on PS4 (easily the best mode in the game) is 100% dead but I still managed to have a nice long round today via bait and switch (3 Sabotage rounds into 2 comm control rounds, first 3 rounds were sketchy but final round was fun).

I'm playing or at least will be for a few weeks. Scouts are now shit as well as Infiltrators; long live Enforcers, the best class since day one just keeps getting better. Of course I don't have an Enforcer.

Quiet's fun but inferior to Enforcers in most situations (not all), Lamar Khaate regular and Rush is a fun clusterfuck, Azure Mountain regular is alright in Sabotage and sketchy at best in the other modes, Rush is a much better map (and still quite large). Coral whatever is fine, enormous advantage to the team that controls the top though. They should've given Quiet a Tranq Burkov or something to make her have some kind of identity beyond fast+sniper. She's virtually unkillable at range if the other player wants to stay alive but super soft up close.

Some stuffs:

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...
    Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

You know, given the way they tried to nickel and dime certain other parts of that game (or at least tried to get people to pay for stuff relating to the FOBs) $4 seems rather reasonable for three maps and a new character. I think. I dunno! Haven't played in months, and I probably won't now, but good that they're still supporting it, I guess.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.